Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That was a retcon written for Secret Origins in the 1980s. I think it was the origin of Chemical King whose name was Condo Arlik. He didn't have a big part in the reboot, but a romance between him and Lyle Norg (Invisible Kid) may have been hinted at.
    In the Twoboot, Lyle and Brainy definitely had a flirtation/attraction though I don't think they ever confirmed it other than one impulsive kiss during an emotional moment that I'm sure was clear to some, but ambiguous to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Wait... is that Nuclear Man? It looks almost like him,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Err... who is Nuclear Man? Where is he supposed to be? I can't any any character similar to him here.
    The bottom left guy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Nope, I think that's Timber Wolf
    Indeed, TIMBER WOLF
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

How perfect would Al Ewing be to relaunch the Legion of Superheroes? Now that he's got a shoe in at DC, it's hard not to fantasize about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    How perfect would Al Ewing be to relaunch the Legion of Superheroes? Now that he's got a shoe in at DC, it's hard not to fantasize about that...
    Wait, Al Ewing in DC? I believed he was a full Marvel guy. What is he doing?

Personally, I would prefer Jeremy Adams as the writer for a potential Legion series.

EDIT: Forget it, I found it. It is an story on the Pride special. Could mean more work from him...or could mean nothing.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 03-14-2024 at 09:18 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

The still unanswered query: BUY OR SKIP?: Bendis' Legion of Superheroes...

I'm still curious about WHO so many of these folks are, that I want to try to glean something from their limited run...

Jonathan Hickman seems to do well with large casts and world building. Could be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I always wished Kon-El had used that costume when he spent time in the future with the Legion, towards the end of the DnA run. I think it would have been much cooler then the classic Superboy costume he ended up using.

Peace
    Indeed it would had been nice to see. I jsut would had liked to see Kon having a longer membership in that era.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Indeed, TIMBER WOLF
    Ah this look doesn't look like Nuclearman, but the other one made his costume look gold/black.

Ah this look doesn't look like Nuclearman, but the other one made his costume look gold/black.
    And to confirm, this Nuclear Man?

Astonishing Member

The still unanswered query: BUY OR SKIP?: Bendis' Legion of Superheroes...

I'm still curious about WHO so many of these folks are, that I want to try to glean something from their limited run...
    There's nothing noteworthy about it. Ryan Sook is an amazing artist, but not really cut out for big scale action and a cast of 30 characters give or take. Some of the additions to the team were redundant -- Dr. Fate, Monster Boy when they already had White Witch and Chameleon Boy. Most of the changes were bad -- Dream Girl as a sand person was probably the worst.

I'd be okay with we never saw this team again.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    There's nothing noteworthy about it. Ryan Sook is an amazing artist, but not really cut out for big scale action and a cast of 30 characters give or take. Some of the additions to the team were redundant -- Dr. Fate, Monster Boy when they already had White Witch and Chameleon Boy. Most of the changes were bad -- Dream Girl as a sand person was probably the worst.

I'd be okay with we never saw this team again.
    100% agreed. And, just to answer the question: Skip it, totally skip it.

Peace

Indeed, TIMBER WOLF

Could be certain similarity, in certain angle.

Gotta say... the LoSH idea just made sense. Super teams make sense when you have multiple heroes, super teams with official support and funding also make sense.
    Specially in the future where inflation must be a lot bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Attachment 138276

An inter-galactic team of super-powered teenagers and young adults active in the 30th Century and 31st Century. Inspired by the legend of Superboy, they were founded by Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl under the funding of an eccentric millionaire they had saved named R.J. Brande. This cast expands to include dozens of members with a diverse array of powers and personalities.
    Just rememberin this version is reaching 30 years this year. Some celebration sholud be done.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    There are many Legion artists I really love, however, despite how brief it was, Dave Cockrum's run is still, arguably, my all-time favorite. LOVED most of the redesigns.

Peace
    I just recently read than it was Cockrum who was originally the penciller of the DC/Marvel crossover New Teen Titans/X-Men. And than the original idea was Legion of Super-Heroes/X-Men. When DC changed the team, Cockrum left the project. I don't know if this is right or just a legend, but there is certain degree of possibility, as the villian used in the crossover by DC was Darkseid, not a villian usually tied to the Titans. Why not Trigon or HIVE or Brother Blood or another villian more related to the Titans instead Darkseid, villian who has just recovered his mojo around that time in... yes, the Legion of Super-Heroes title. The great darkness saga sounds familiar?
    Coincidence? Bad planning? Or Iam I reading too much where there is nothing at all?
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 03-15-2024 at 09:21 AM.