Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That was a retcon written for Secret Origins in the 1980s. I think it was the origin of Chemical King whose name was Condo Arlik. He didn't have a big part in the reboot, but a romance between him and Lyle Norg (Invisible Kid) may have been hinted at.
    What about the situation of Element Lad? Was that also a fandom pushed canon or was initiative of the writers?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

I think it was the writers. I have an issue of Back Issue in which the Bierbaums and Keith Giffen are intereviewed. I'll have to check it for a definitive answer. It was a bold decision. I liked that Jan was okay with revelation, but wasn't crazy about Svaughn turning (back) into Sean. Of course, I wasn't crazy about most everything that occurred in that run. It was interesting, and I stayed for the entire run -- but almost always had some disappointment with the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The still unanswered query: BUY OR SKIP?: Bendis' Legion of Superheroes...

I'm still curious about WHO so many of these folks are, that I want to try to glean something from their limited run...
    SKIP!!!!!!!!!!!

This run should be burned on sight. Seriously, not a real run of LoSH just some bad else world title.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I just recently read than it was Cockrum who was originally the penciller of the DC/Marvel crossover New Teen Titans/X-Men. And than the original idea was Legion of Super-Heroes/X-Men. When DC changed the team, Cockrum left the project. I don't know if this is right or just a legend, but there is certain degree of possibility, as the villian used in the crossover by DC was Darkseid, not a villian usually tied to the Titans. Why not Trigon or HIVE or Brother Blood or another villian more related to the Titans instead Darkseid, villian who has just recovered his mojo around that time in... yes, the Legion of Super-Heroes title. The great darkness saga sounds familiar?
    Coincidence? Bad planning? Or Iam I reading too much where there is nothing at all?
    I never heard of this. I liked the Teen Titans X-Men crossover that we got, but I"d also have loved to have seen that.

What about the situation of Element Lad? Was that also a fandom pushed canon or was initiative of the writers?
    Well, after writers sort of transed Svaughn, Jan long time "female" love interest, going as far as reverting her to a man, I find it hard to say it was something in the fans head. I have to say, IMHO, it worked for Jan. He was always shown as being so spiritualized. He would really believe in "soulmates." A relationship of the spirit. The body was just a pesky detail.

Peace

Extraordinary Member

I thought late last year there was a rumor about LoSh news coming in June 2024 solicitations. I guess it was wrong.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 03-22-2024 at 06:33 PM.

I'm still curious about WHO so many of these folks are, that I want to try to glean something from their limited run...
    I would say skip, especially if your curiosity was piqued by the new members. Hardly any characters get any kind of development aside from the Lightning Twins, Saturn Girl, Ultra Boy a bit and Gold Lantern (which happens in the LSH/JL mini) Most just stand in the background not doing much.(Brainiac 5 of course is there to explain stuff, as is his function)

Also, just felt a need to remind folks that since this is an "Appreciation" thread, there's no outright bashing of previous iterations or runs. (I think there's already a thread bashing the Bendis Legion if one were so inclined)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-15-2024 at 11:40 AM.

I am a minority about this on these boards because I loved this run. And I actually learned to read by sneaking my older brother's Legion comics in the 70's. I say give this run a try if you like the designs. It doesn't quite reach it's potential unfortunately but there's tons of beautiful artwork and cool concepts. Also it hits the ground running with the team already having been formed when are first introduced to them. So you don't have to read their origin story again and watch the team build slowly. I'd suggest getting the 2 trades digitally on Comixology next time they go on sale for like $3.99. Almost forgot to tell you that they recently appeared in the current run of Green Arrow believe or not.
    Last edited by M@Bowers2014; 03-15-2024 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I am a minority about this on these boards because I loved this run. And I actually learned to read by sneaking my older brother's Legion comics in the 70's. I say give this run a try if you like the designs. It doesn't quite reach it's potential unfortunately but there's tons of beautiful artwork and cool concepts. Also it hits the ground running with the team already having been formed when are first introduced to them. So you don't have to read their origin story again and watch the team build slowly. I'd suggest getting the 2 trades digitally on Comixology next time they go on sale for like $3.99. Almost forgot to tell you that they recently appeared in the current run of Green Arrow believe or not.
    And Lian made the best definition of them.
    Anyway considering the multiple appearances of differents Legions, I would argue which one is canon right now.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Blue Beetle last issue:

And Lian made the best definition of them.
    Anyway considering the multiple appearances of differents Legions, I would argue which one is canon right now.
    With the multiverse back in play and continuity that claims "everything happened", I'd argue that they all are canon now. The question is really which Legion goes with which Earth? But if I were in charge I'd make the Bendis Legion from further in the future of the classic team. Make them inspired by the original team but not the original team. Why do they think they are the original team? The Time Trapper of course.

And by the way, the post Giffen 5YL Legion:

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    With the multiverse back in play and continuity that claims "everything happened", I'd argue that they all are canon now. The question is really which Legion goes with which Earth? But if I were in charge I'd make the Bendis Legion from further in the future of the classic team. Make them inspired by the original team but not the original team. Why do they think they are the original team? The Time Trapper of course.
    I don't think this affirmation can be supported in the long way. The whole all is canon is in someway lazy and contradictory. Also, I don't think if everyone understood exactly what means "everything is canon".

And another Legion from the New52 era:

But this time evil.

The Legion Lost. V2.0.

No idea who was the artist here. Somebody else can illuminate me?