Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Meh.

Sad that Northstar and Frenzy are just being shuffled back into limbo again.

Kwannon looks great though, and I'm very excited for a Storm solo (hopefully ongoing, please).

I'm super excited for all of this! I can't wait until more info. drops!
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Attachment 138304

Yeah, this is definite Kwannon. Yay!
    I feel like they need to find more ways to differentiate Besty and Kwannon (and not making Betsy Captain Britain).
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Very solid indeed imo.
    Carmen Carnero drawing Emma again is gonna be so lovely. She looked beautiful when she appeared in that Captain America issue.
    And her new costume is quite eye-catching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Thanks JB !

Cyclops looks awfully young ! And Illyana is back in that costume... oh well too bad.
    Kwannon with the white hair feels weird.
    I'm glad Oya is here (although she's creating an iceslide, which is not how her original powers worked), but she's stuck with Quire so...

Jubilee seems to have got HUGE breast enhancement my god.
    But pants instead of booty shorts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    All new characters in Kate and Emma's book, which takes place in Chicago.

I find it funny how Kitty looks depressed in this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So every book’s concept is that one popular X-men returns home (Gambit to Louisiana, Kitty to Chicago, Scott to Alaska) and there they find new mutants to train? Only McKay’s book doesn’t sound like it’s introducing new characters, but he has two younger mutants on the cast anyway (Idie and Quentin).
    I like the creative teams, but these concepts sound very unimaginative and I’m VERY worried about them introducing new X-kids again. With every relaunch, we get new X-kids and the number of unused existing ones keeps growing and growing.
    At least there's some kind of thoroughline between the books even if "X-Mean teams taking in new Mutant OC's) for multiple books feels like a bit much. I feel like that should've just been the premise of Kitty and Emma's team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Man these costumes are just, not good. The boy’s jacket is nice but it causes the look to be very similar to what Quentin is wearing. Were all of the talented designers busy?
    I like Emma and Kitty.
    X-Men #35/Uncanny #700:
    - A supersized issue with a 10-page epilogue. Will be the second taste of From the Ashes before it officially launches in July.
    - Issue #700 will unite every artist who worked on the Krakoa-era, plus some who inked X-Men before then.
    - The #700 epilogue will also tease what’s happening with Xavier.

- Tom Brevoort teased that it’s no coincidence that the person writing X-Men is also writing Avengers, referring to Jed MacKay.

Hmm, I wonder if we're going to see some mutants end up on the Avengers.
    Or maybe there's going to be a crossover with both team?

Cannot wait for your awesome detailed reviews JB

And the worst part is: Quire again? Really? One of the good things from Fall of X was that it seemed that Sabertooth killed him for good, probably the only good action that Creed had performed in his own life. And there are like 50 characters that would be more interesting than Oya.

So yeah, the only interesting title of the three announced is Uncanny. I really hope that the next books announced will have more interesting line ups, but Marvel always dissapoints.

Yes
    The return of Uncanny and the real logos!
    The return of Scott's luscious locks!
    The return of the Magik/Cyclops teamup!
    The return of the cool Beast!
    Simone and MacKay!

Maybe
    Stegman.

No
    Quentin Quire
    'Temper'?
    Magik back in the poom poom shorts with the manga sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I find it funny how Kitty looks depressed in this one.
    Well, I don't blame her, she and Emma have been stuck with a bunch of future wallpaller characters.

If theyre are going this far back. They should have just gone back to Revanche and Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    If theyre are going this far back. They should have just gone back to Revanche and Psylocke.
    I would like that.

I’m excited for a Storm book and very curious to see the line-ups and teams behind X-Force and X-Factor. I hope Betsy, Mystique, Destiny and Northstar are in one of these…

Where would you like our gal to be?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Have you noticed that Kwannon s new costume looks very much like an updated Revanche costume? ❤️

Now I know where I saw Oyas hair before..

IMG_4912.jpg

Yeah, only Adjectiveless interest me and only marginally, maybe Uncanny depending on reviews and word of mouth. I have absolutely no interest in exceptional, Kitty, Emma or new characters so that's an easy pass. Hopefully X-FORCE and X-Factor are winners, since I am pretty underwhelmed right now.

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

Need to know the creative teams and rosters of X-Factor and X-Force ASAP, as I’m on the fence about this whole relaunch so far based on those three announcements.

No Colossus so far… Him being on X-Force again would be a surprise. Assume Cable and Deadpool (and also Bishop?) will feature in X-Force.

The unannounced teams of the supporting titles could bring promise. But we are back to a weak generic flagship with supporting books carrying the the meat.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

The only brightside for me:

No Ms. Marvel so far in the main titles.

I'm not seeing much here that makes me think we're going in a direction I'm personally interested in. Because so far, I see

• A return to the old status quo of mutants being hated, hunted and feared, except things are probably going to be even harder for them for a little while now. Yeah I know that stuff still happened in Krakoa, but Krakoa felt like actual progress.
    • Quentin Quire
    • Focus on the same old characters, which almost no branching out to lesser known characters.
    • At least Oya's here! She's always a shining star, even if you're looking kinda lame right now. Unfortunately, the dark specter Quentin Quire and a possible make up hangs over us all.
    • Yet they still found room for yet more new teen mutants, who will undoubtedly get thrown into the pile with the others.
    • More focus on solo books than team books.
    • Quentin Quire
    • More X-Men/Avengers crossover stuff and interaction. I'm fine with them helping each other out now and then, but this could easily lead to the Avengers butting in on things when they don't need to be.
    • Whatever NFT shenanigans might be going on with digital comics.
    • Quentin Quire
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.