Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Feels like this is a back to basics approach with the X-men kind of scattered to the wind… New Orleans, Chicago, Alaska… and they’re back in the mode of trying to help scared young mutants cope with their emerging powers. Cool with me, as it’s paving the way for their MCU debut I’m sure.
    I like the idea of them scattered, but them all being in the US is a choice… It would be way more interesting to see them in actually new settings and different countries. I guess we’ll never have something like the Outback era again.

anyone have a clip?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I agree with others saying there are so many young characters they can use rather than making new ones. But I also understand creators wanting to make original characters because you never know when one will really take off like Miles and Moon Girl.
    In 99.9% of cases none of them reach any level of popularity.
    Miles was lucky, because he was backed up by the biggest superhero IP in the entire world, and later he was the main character in one of the greatest animated movies of all time.

Additional X-Men titles were just announced that will serve as an easy entry point to fan-favorite characters. Tom Brevoort says there will be less team books, despite the titles shown.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Sweet. Wish we were getting creative teams for those books too, but I guess we’ll have to wait. Especially wanting to know more about Wolverine and X-Force! I’m betting NYX has Laura, and my $$$ says Bishop is in X-Force. Maybe Cable too. Probably led by Wolverine.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Oh wow NYX? That's gotta be where X-23 shows up. Nice to see X-Factor and X-Force returning ofc.

Phoenix, Storm and Wolverine as the solo titles is cool.

Mighty Member

I’ll wait until I see and read about everything, but besides Kwannon’s new outfit, nothing is enticing me. I was digging this era of ninja Kate. I am a bit tired of the whole outlaw stuff. We’ve done that. I guess I can hope for Ororo and Betsy to show up soon, but honestly hope we are not getting Storm with the Mohawk like that glimpse. Her Red look was perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    These interest me way more.
    Finally X-factor is back!
    Love that Storm gets a solo. Hope she’s also a member of a team.
    NYX seems like a Laura vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    Well, now, that is interesting. NYX? And the Storm fans are going to be happy.
    Last edited by Arachne; 03-14-2024 at 01:15 PM.
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    In 99.9% of cases none of them reach any level of popularity.
    Miles was lucky, because he was backed up by the biggest superhero IP in the entire world, and later he was the main character in one of the greatest animated movies of all time.
    What do I care about the odds? LOL. I said I understand why creators do it even if I personally don't agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Oh wow NYX? That's gotta be where X-23 shows up. Nice to see X-Factor and X-Force returning ofc.

Phoenix, Storm and Wolverine as the solo titles is cool.
    For sure. Wondering if X-Force is Cable led or Logan led. My $$$ is on it being Logan led, actually, but with Bishop in it. For more synergy with the cartoon and whatnot. Probably won’t have Cable and Bishop both, since they’re so similar with them being time traveling soldiers and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    For sure. Wondering if X-Force is Cable led or Logan led. My $$$ is on it being Logan led, actually, but with Bishop in it. For more synergy with the cartoon and whatnot. Probably won’t have Cable and Bishop both, since they’re so similar with them being time traveling soldiers and all.
    One of those books will probably be Mystique-led, judging by the leaked list.

X-Men #35/Uncanny #700:
    - A supersized issue with a 10-page epilogue. Will be the second taste of From the Ashes before it officially launches in July.
    - Issue #700 will unite every artist who worked on the Krakoa-era, plus some who inked X-Men before then.
    - The #700 epilogue will also tease what’s happening with Xavier.

- Tom Brevoort teased that it’s no coincidence that the person writing X-Men is also writing Avengers, referring to Jed MacKay.

Hmm, I wonder if we're going to see some mutants end up on the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    One of those books will probably be Mystique-led, judging by the leaked list.
    Oooh, you’re right. Hmm… that could be NYX, X-Factor or X-Force honestly. Most likely the latter two, though. I’m still thinking NYX is focused on Laura in New York. Mystique leading the black ops squad with characters like Logan and Bishop would be dope, but then I wonder what X-Factor’s premise would be and who is on it? Government stooge team again?