Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I cant beleive the editor behind New Avengers thought this seemed like a winner and signed off on it

This is a completely uninspired relaunch

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    All new characters in Kate and Emma's book, which takes place in Chicago.

Man these costumes are just, not good. The boy’s jacket is nice but it causes the look to be very similar to what Quentin is wearing. Were all of the talented designers busy?

Astonishing Member

And introducing another wave of young OC, while having a freaking bunch of them already and not giving them development they deserve, well, it's just like nothing changed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So every book’s concept is that one popular X-men returns home (Gambit to Louisiana, Kitty to Chicago, Scott to Alaska) and there they find new mutants to train? Only McKay’s book doesn’t sound like it’s introducing new characters, but he has two younger mutants on the cast anyway (Idie and Quentin).
    I like the creative teams, but these concepts sound very unimaginative and I’m VERY worried about them introducing new X-kids again. With every relaunch, we get new X-kids and the number of unused existing ones keeps growing and growing.
    And the Blood Hunt tie-ins also have characters 'going home' to Russia and Japan, incidentally, 2 characters that are on Scott's team.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    of course every new era has to add new mutants when they have a plethora to use from already.
    Ugh yeah, it’s time to give the x-men franchise a vasectomy, we can’t support all these kiddos. I’m disappointed that Emma and Kitty’s team is a bunch of newbies, I feel like that’s drastically going to drag the comic’s potential and longevity down. I don’t even like their designs, they give off tumblr energy and remind me of those cancelled new warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    And introducing another wave of young OC, while having a freaking bunch of them already and not giving them development they deserve, well, it's just like nothing changed.
    Yeah this is pretty disappointing.

Outside of the possibility of more new mutants, I do love the premise of Gail's book. Mutant outlaws in Louisiana sounds very fun.

So the sleeves was a miscolour in Women of Marvel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    All new characters in Kate and Emma's book, which takes place in Chicago.

No surprise there since that's where Eve Ewing is based. Surely Ironheart has to show up at some point, not only has Eve previously written Riri (in both her solo and Champions), Chicago is coincidentally where Riri lives (it was actually Bendis who came up with that).

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So every book’s concept is that one popular X-men returns home (Gambit to Louisiana, Kitty to Chicago, Scott to Alaska) and there they find new mutants to train? Only McKay’s book doesn’t sound like it’s introducing new characters, but he has two younger mutants on the cast anyway (Idie and Quentin).
    I like the creative teams, but these concepts sound very unimaginative and I’m VERY worried about them introducing new X-kids again. With every relaunch, we get new X-kids and the number of unused existing ones keeps growing and growing.
    That explains Ms. Marvel not being on any of the teams - she wouldn't want to leave the New Jersey/New York area. I'd guess now she's going to either get a solo book or be sent back to the spider office (where she could serve as supporting cast to either of the Spider-Men).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    New Wolverine suit is sick…

Agreed. Logan and Kwannon look fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Ugh yeah, it’s time to give the x-men franchise a vasectomy, we can’t support all these kiddos. I’m disappointed to see that Emma and Kitty’s team will be made up of newbies, I feel like that’s drastically going to drag the comic’s potential and longevity down. I don’t even like any of their designs, they give off tumblr energy and remind me of those cancelled new warriors.
    Yeah, we really don't need new characters right away. I can get it with one book, but three? Maybe some won't survive the first issues.
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

I agree with others saying there are so many young characters they can use rather than making new ones. But I also understand creators wanting to make original characters because you never know when one will really take off like Miles and Moon Girl.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Feels like this is a back to basics approach with the X-men kind of scattered to the wind… New Orleans, Chicago, Alaska… and they’re back in the mode of trying to help scared young mutants cope with their emerging powers. Cool with me, as it’s paving the way for their MCU debut I’m sure.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I agree with others saying there are so many young characters they can use rather than making new ones. But I also understand creators wanting to make original characters because you never know when one will really take off like Miles and Moon Girl.
    That's like playing the lottery, though. The odds of it happening are far from good.
    No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new doorway for the human spirit.
    - Helen Keller

Looks like I will be taking a break and catching up through reviews and spoiler chats.

They went way too back to basics.