Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    This right here. And I guess Gail’s book is introducing FOUR new characters? I get the desire to create an OC when coming into the X-office. Built in origin story and guaranteed royalties if the characters get used elsewhere. However, can these writers please limit themselves to just ONE?!? Look at how Feint was received in Dark X-Men vs. CotA. In the latter she was just part of a set that no one thought would go anywhere, but now folks actually seem to enjoy the dynamics she’s created with existing characters and at least don’t mind when she shows up (dare I say some even get excited).
    I'm choosing to believe that the new characters will mostly be support and not main characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    I just realized that one or two things is for sure:

A lot of Krakoan Age characters will disappear into limbo.

A lit of mutants being killed in the last few month won't probably be resurrected
    Yes, but I think that was the original idea behind Krakoa via Hickman. Paraphrasing from what I remember, but he alluded to "putting all the toys back in the box" when the era wrapped up.

Spectacular Member

I am very reserved about this. Being even more hated and feared seems such a huge step back to outdated concepts from over 60 years ago. I knew the krakoa age had some pitfalls and could have been much better, but this seems like it is going to suck really bad. Off course it could be a ruse to throw us of while marvel works towards something else .

Whew finally watched the trailer and caught up on comments. Initial thoughts:

1. I cannot STAND when a new X-Men status quo is just “hated and fear MORE THAN EVER.” We get that humans will never like them, but damn this is what gets the writers thinking they need to top each other and pile on genocides. How the hell do they get more hated than the current status of mass deportations, massacres, and concentration camps? Sorry just a pet peeve.

2. I’m reminded most of the Blue/ Gold post IvX era. That being said Disney is no longer trying to push the X-Men aside, so the situation is nowhere near as dire.

3. None of these premises are inherently exciting, so everything is going to rely on the writing and art. No more skating by on an interesting status quo and interconnectivity.

4. I’m choosing to not react to “who‘s missing?!?” yet because we have 5 whole titles to learn about. Staying very neutral on those on those and which characters get the spotlight until more is revealed.

Does Rogue have her Ms. Marvel powers back!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Does Rogue have her Ms. Marvel powers back!?!?
    Wonderman powers 1:1

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    Apperantly all the new characters are based on Twitter personalities Gail Simmone has interacted with over the last few years.
    And in this moment one might have heared a few thousand hands hitting forheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    And introducing another wave of young OC, while having a freaking bunch of them already and not giving them development they deserve, well, it's just like nothing changed.
    "Welcome to the young generation of X-men, hope you don't mind falling into limbo or becomming wall paper within 3 or so years."

They know these characters have no chance, the previous Editor admitted so himself in an interview, they are sitting on a gold mine of allready existing young characters and they keep creating this forlorn hope of newbies... someone should hire Michael Mando to tell X-editiorial the definition of insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I hope it’s Kwannon, not Betsy. It’d be a shame to ditch all the Captain Britain stuff.
    I mean, they essentially ditched Brian Braddock as Captain Britain in a flat attempt to rectify a lousy 90s bodyswap story, so turnabout is fair play.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Yes, but I think that was the original idea behind Krakoa via Hickman. Paraphrasing from what I remember, but he alluded to "putting all the toys back in the box" when the era wrapped up.
    That's actually been misrepresented and falsely attributed to him throughout the entire era. What he actually said was him referencing how he's KNOWN for putting all the toys back in the box in other runs, and people built expectations around that, but he truly never said or even hinted at the idea that everything he was setting up was intended to be undone by the end of his run. He simply acknowledged that it was an expectation people had for his work based on the fact that it'd been true in other runs.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    That's actually been misrepresented and falsely attributed to him throughout the entire era. What he actually said was him referencing how he's KNOWN for putting all the toys back in the box in other runs, and people built expectations around that, but he truly never said or even hinted at the idea that everything he was setting up was intended to be undone by the end of his run. He simply acknowledged that it was an expectation people had for his work based on the fact that it'd been true in other runs.
    I mean, that doesn't sound like he was disagreeing with that sentiment if he outright acknowledged it? I think as a comic creator, you sorta have to have that mind-set anyway as it's a continuous medium.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Whew finally watched the trailer and caught up on comments. Initial thoughts:

1. I cannot STAND when a new X-Men status quo is just “hated and fear MORE THAN EVER.” We get that humans will never like them, but damn this is what gets the writers thinking they need to top each other and pile on genocides. How the hell do they get more hated than the current status of mass deportations, massacres, and concentration camps? Sorry just a pet peeve.

2. I’m reminded most of the Blue/ Gold post IvX era. That being said Disney is no longer trying to push the X-Men aside, so the situation is nowhere near as dire.

3. None of these premises are inherently exciting, so everything is going to rely on the writing and art. No more skating by on an interesting status quo and interconnectivity.

4. I’m choosing to not react to “who‘s missing?!?” yet because we have 5 whole titles to learn about. Staying very neutral on those on those and which characters get the spotlight until more is revealed.
    Personally, I would massacre the vast majority of these characters who have either not been used or failed to grasp anyone’s imagination.

Hard to be a minority in superhero world when there are probably more Mutants than non-Mutants.

4 titles a month with each having a core cast of no more than 8 and give everyone a chance to shine.

So excited Krakoa is about done.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Wonderman powers 1:1
    As long as she’s super strong and can fly they can come from whoever they want! So happy about that.

Yay for the return of Illyana’s best costume! I’m not ashamed to admit it: I love my Russian Final Fantasy anime goth girl. Boo for Quentin Quire, I’m so sick of him. The new outfit designs are more misses than hits for me. Something about them screams “MCU aesthetic trial run” which has me feeling cynical about the future.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I mean, that doesn't sound like he was disagreeing with that sentiment if he outright acknowledged it? I think as a comic creator, you sorta have to have that mind-set anyway as it's a continuous medium.
    No, he was acknowledging that there were EXPECTATIONS that he would put the toys back in the box, based on him being known for that in past runs. That does not mean that he was confirming or denying anything about how true that would be here. He acknowledged a ton of things people assumed about his work, his past runs or their theories about what he was building up to, but none of those constituted actual spoilers.

Sorry, but a huge pet peeve of mine is the sheer abundance of people we've had all era spouting off about what Hickman was CLEARLY doing, planning, building up to, etc, when the fact is, everybody was just speculating. I love speculation! But ppl absolutely had no chill about just packaging their own expectations, wants or theories about what his actual plans were and talking about how it was definitely what he was doing and treating it as an absolute given, and the fact is none of those people had a secret line to Hickman where he was feeding them all the actual intended details. Its just fan theories presented as fact.