Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    So since they show Professor Xavier in the Mansion with Persephone watching over Inmate-X. Could it be that the prisoner must be Moira? If she kept her resetting powers it might be everyone agreed to just keep her locked up and safely away from everything. No more taking sneaky trips to Paris for coffee this time.
    I like it!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Kamala’s in Alaska with Tyke
    She's not. While I'm sure Cyclops would be glad to have her, he also respects that his old friend wants to maintain a secret identity. That'll be why Kamala isn't on any of the three teams, because none of them are based in the New York/New Jersey area. Of course, NYX could stand for New York X-Men (unlike the first time the name was used). There are rumours that this is her own team, and will even be written by her current solo writer/MCU actress, Iman Vellani.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

изображение_2024-03-17_1445235.jpg
    Apparently, NYX could be starring Kamala, Laura and Synch.

Interesting. I’m leaning towards X-Force being the Shalvey book led by Mystique actually. Which could be cool depending on the rest of the team.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

a Mystique led X-Force era would be a lot more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Ugh, lets keep Synch and Laura the Second away from each other.
    That can only get creepy (Though I suppose there's story potential if they lean into it being creepy and awkward, acknowledging her as a separate and distinct individual from the original.)
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Oh god, no, I hope Laura won't be in the same comics as Synch.
    After fridging of Talon I don't trust it to be anything good.

Astonishing Member

Sigh. Whats the over under that marvel trying to have a laura synch relationship ends up making synch come off as ver controlling/stalker lite and or butchering laura and synch characters

What's the over/under that whichever direction they take Laura and Synch, it's reacted to that way regardless by people who are biased against the pairing? In before "she's too young for him bc of the Vault" which never comes up with Wolverine being 100+ years older than his significant others.

I hope they end up in the same book and Laura tries to pursue Synch just to see if people bring all the same bs and vitriol that they did towards Synch in the Krakoa era.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    What's the over/under that whichever direction they take Laura and Synch, it's reacted to that way regardless by people who are biased against the pairing? In before "she's too young for him bc of the Vault" which never comes up with Wolverine being 100+ years older than his significant others.
    It's more the innate projecting of a centuries long relationship on a 20 year old, who did not share those experiences and is fundamentally a different person, that would come with it; but yes, the 100+ years older than his significant others is also creepy, especially if they are only 20, and yes it is creepy with Logan as well, but it's so baked into his character by now, what's the point of commenting? (Though I do recall lots negative opinions at the idea he slept with Squirrel Girl.)
    Last edited by Nazrel; 03-18-2024 at 05:15 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

I love this fandom.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

So is NYX going to be like a teen X-Men Superhero team with no adults?

Fantastic Member

Nyx with a Kamala focus is super weird considering the old NYX was a mature readers series about mutants living and surviving in the ghetto. I feel like they are just reviving the name to keep the copyright active.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is NYX going to be like a teen X-Men Superhero team with no adults?
    It could be a book about 5 X-characters of different age living in the same flat and running a delivery service for online shops in New York, for all we know.