Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    No, he was acknowledging that there were EXPECTATIONS that he would put the toys back in the box, based on him being known for that in past runs. That does not mean that he was confirming or denying anything about how true that would be here. He acknowledged a ton of things people assumed about his work, his past runs or their theories about what he was building up to, but none of those constituted actual spoilers.

Sorry, but a huge pet peeve of mine is the sheer abundance of people we've had all era spouting off about what Hickman was CLEARLY doing, planning, building up to, etc, when the fact is, everybody was just speculating. I love speculation! But ppl absolutely had no chill about just packaging their own expectations, wants or theories about what his actual plans were and talking about how it was definitely what he was doing and treating it as an absolute given, and the fact is none of those people had a secret line to Hickman where he was feeding them all the actual intended details. Its just fan theories presented as fact.
    I feel like a pattern of behavior or choices is a reasonable expectation and I don't see what's bad about that. If he had directly said something against that, it would be a different story.

I get that feeling a bit frustrated that maybe people were misconstruing what he exactly said, but if Hickman felt that strongly about wanting to enforce or continue with Krakoa I think he would have stuck around longer. As it is, there seemed to be conflict of opinions regarding the direction of his ideas and not moving forward from them. As far as speculation goes, I'm not stating this as fact but my impressions given what information we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    The only brightside for me:

No Ms. Marvel so far in the main titles.
    With the three team books being in Chicago, New Orleans and Alaska, it makes sense she isn't there. I can see Mutant Menace ending with her reverting to her original costume, and she'll be in the Spider-Man books for the short term. When they decided to push her as an X-Man, her show had revealed she was a mutant in the MCU, so the comics followed suit. But The Marvels' end credit scene showed she'll be forming her own team of peers, not joining the MCU X-Men (who aren't even being rebooted yet, Deadpool is still in the X-Men universe). In retrospect they should've kept the Champions around, as that team is far closer to her MCU destiny (though it's roster will be more Young Avengers than Champions).

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Does Rogue have her Ms. Marvel powers back!?!?
    She got equivalent powers from Wonder Man in Uncanny Avengers, before the Krakoa era even started! In fact it resulted in Simon being gone for a while as he completely merged with her. He was freed from her psyche in Duggan's final issue of that run by Deadpool's healing factor, but she permanently gained a copy of his powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

So what happened with Shogo? been e mother was Jubilee only personality trait for years and now it seoshe forgot she have a son.

Not good impressions at all with what was revealed.
    I think Stegman art works on characters like Venom, but it's not the best for the X-Men. They should have let Carnero or Marquez do the presenting poster. Maybe we'd get a better impression.

By the by, are we still on track with getting a new New X-Men title at some point in 2024? Or did that change?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    By the by, are we still on track with getting a new New X-Men title at some point in 2024? Or did that change?
    It would probably be another Ms.Marvel mini with not even a cameo of the Academy Kids. Mark my words

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I still have the trailer up but I feel like I'll get in trouble if I post screen grabs. LOL!

The grey hair threw me off too but maybe it's "lighting."
    I also thought it was grey too but when I looked closer it looks like a very light lilac color. Who is the artist for the solicits does anyone know? I'm excited for Uncanny but Jubes new outfit is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I hope it’s Kwannon, not Betsy. It’d be a shame to ditch all the Captain Britain stuff.
    The black hair is a dead giveaway it’s Kwannon. As similar as they may have been, Marvel has been pretty consistent to keeping Kwannon’s hair dark

Wait, where's Kamala?

So we're back to the same old story that's been told for over 40 years?

Look, I didn't like everything about the Krakoa era. I really didn't like resurrection, because I felt like it took away any real danger for the mutants. But at least it was new. It was a new dynamic, a new situation.

This just feels like a tremendous leap backwards.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    IIRC, that was styled in Age of Apocalypse font. Probably retooled into weapon x-men when someone thought a bunch of wolverines would sell better. Or perhaps the Heir of Apocalypse book?

Interesting to see how times have changed. When Hickman’s era was in progress, there were many fans complaining that the mutants were behaving out-of-character, that they had become corrupt and cult-like, and that they just wanted the “real” x-men to come back. Now the x-men are finally returning to a more traditional status quo and folks already want Krakoa back. Not the same people presumably, buts it’s funny how the dominant opinion has swayed.
    Last edited by Dipter; 03-14-2024 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    So what happened with Shogo? been e mother was Jubilee only personality trait for years and now it seoshe forgot she have a son.
    He was transformed into a dragon in Otherworld, in one of Tini Howard's Betsy books. AFAIK he's still there, stuck that way.

Well..it sure is something.

Waiting to see where some characters show up (Colossus, Iceman, hoping for a few others but...), as I'm not really excited about any of the lineups currently. Will pick up Uncanny and adjectiveless though.