Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Sorry, but a huge pet peeve of mine is the sheer abundance of people we've had all era spouting off about what Hickman was CLEARLY doing, planning, building up to, etc, when the fact is, everybody was just speculating. I love speculation! But ppl absolutely had no chill about just packaging their own expectations, wants or theories about what his actual plans were and talking about how it was definitely what he was doing and treating it as an absolute given, and the fact is none of those people had a secret line to Hickman where he was feeding them all the actual intended details. Its just fan theories presented as fact.
    And that’s why following up on Hickman will be near impossible. HoX/PoX were teasers. Setting up the premise but not much more. The biggest character piece we got was Moira but even her with Hickman stayed mostly a mystery . 10 life’s that people could speculate about.

All that speculation and Hickman leaving early before he could prove most true or false. He will stay a legend because in many ways he is still untapped potential and people’s own ideas, wants and needs. Here on CBR users loved to dissect and discuss details and speculate. I think the speculation was a core part of the run. I think what made it so great was all the own ideas people inserted that we will never know would have been true or not.

How can any run compete with that?

Somewhere, Thermite is absolutely seething and is about to fire his agent. First the Hero Academia kid and now a mutant has stolen has gimmick and gone on to greater things.

Now that I get that it kid the way....

1. I was hoping for less X-books. Less is more.

2. Mackay is fine, but I'm not paying for a Gail or Eve Ewing book.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Interesting to see how times have changed. When Hickman’s era was in progress, there were many fans complaining that the mutants were behaving out-of-character, that they had become corrupt and cult-like, and that they just wanted the “real” x-men to come back. Now the x-men are finally returning to a more traditional status quo and folks already want Krakoa back. Not the same people presumably, buts it’s funny how the dominant opinion has swayed.
    I feel like as time goes on there is going to be a ton of nostalgia for Krakoa. Morrison’s New X-Men was also pretty hated towards the end of its run and a few years later people were citing it as one of the greatest X-men stories ever

Yeah I’m already nostalgic for Krakoa. I’ll give this a go but it feels a bit like when pride month has finished for a whole six seconds and the corporations instantly rip all the rainbow flags off everything

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wait, where's Kamala?
    Oh yeah, I thought she would be in the Young X-men book ! That's a letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wait, where's Kamala?
    Probably NYX

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

She got equivalent powers from Wonder Man in Uncanny Avengers, before the Krakoa era even started! In fact it resulted in Simon being gone for a while as he completely merged with her. He was freed from her psyche in Duggan's final issue of that run by Deadpool's healing factor, but she permanently gained a copy of his powers.
    was Rogue ever resurrected by the 5? She would have had lost her WM powers, as they were not part of her original mutant DNA I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    was Rogue ever resurrected by the 5? She would have had lost her WM powers, as they were not part of her original mutant DNA I think.
    According to the Marvel wikia, yes, in one of the infinity comics. I'm going to go with Proteus made sure she had the powers again, like how he gave Laura a full adamantium skeleton because he didn't realize only her claws were supposed to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Probably NYX
    If NYX will also be a teen X-book I wonder what would set it apart from EXM other than their locations.
    If they are keeping Kamala as part of the franchise, Kitty’s team would make the most sense to me.

Fantastic Member

Interesting to see how times have changed. When Hickman’s era was in progress, there were many fans complaining that the mutants were behaving out-of-character, that they had become corrupt and cult-like, and that they just wanted the “real” x-men to come back. Now the x-men are finally returning to a more traditional status quo and folks already want Krakoa back. Not the same people presumably, buts it’s funny how the dominant opinion has swayed.
    Times haven't changed for me. To me the X-Men did become corrupt, cult like, and out of character. I am glad to see that island in the rearview. Don't get wrong, I understand that a lot of fans don't care for this and are sad Krakoa is going away. I'm not one of them and I know that I am not alone in being excited for this..

Im always been a Krakoan believer i understand not all fans like it but MIDDLE GROUND EXIST!! when Utopia was around they did Schism

So if a mutant wanted to go to the School and live with the humans and stuff they will and can do it - if not Utopia were for them

why not this time? Why not to have the option to be or not on Krakoa

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I feel like Brevoort saw everyone’s fear about a return to the mansion (which is just code for basic and regressive), and took it so literally that his solution was to just stick teams in people’s various home towns. Like suuuuuure that definitely addresses the concern.
    At least no one can accuse them of being a cult of separatists, anymore. They will integrate...even if they're lives are miserable and it might ultimately kill them.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    According to the Marvel wikia, yes, in one of the infinity comics. I'm going to go with Proteus made sure she had the powers again, like how he gave Laura a full adamantium skeleton because he didn't realize only her claws were supposed to have it.
    Oh cool. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    At least no one can accuse them of being a cult of separatists, anymore. They will integrate...even if they're lives are miserable and it might ultimately kill them.
    yay integration at the cost of lives yay - constantly living DOFP yay (sarcasm)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    yay integration at the cost of lives yay - constantly living DOFP yay (sarcasm)
    As one writer on Twitter pointed out to me when I said I was tired of the extreme misery and constant decimation regarding X-Men lore...I'm paraphrasing: "But that's what all their stories are about".

And I couldn't really argue with that, thinking back on all the stories I've read since UXM 175. But...that doesn't mean we can't get new and different stories if writers would just think beyond "hated and feared".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!