Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    It seems to be Kwannon. The black hair, the katana. I’m happy she got a new uniform finally.

But… where are Betsy and Storm?

Not super in love with the lineups yet. The one that attracts me the most is Cyclops’s for Magik, Kwannon and Magneto. I love Jubes, Gambit, Rogue, Logan and Kurt together as well. The third team I only care for Emma.

But without my two favorite gals confirmed I refuse to be excited.
    Yeah i agree. So it looks like the new era is full on staying with Kwannon getting all the butterfly motifs.

Not excited yet, I guess I will have to wait for some of the satellite titles, but no single core team impressed me.

So the rumors were:
    X-Men by Gail Simone and David Marquez
    Sentinels by Alex Paknadel
    Young X by Eve Ewing
    Cyclops by Jed Mackay and Ryan Stegman
    Phoenix by Stephanie Phillips
    Wolverine by Saladin Ahmed and Greg Capullo
    Mystique by Declan Shalvey

Maybe instead of "Phoenix" and "Mystique" being solos they'll be team books with Jean and Mystique as leaders.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah i agree. So it looks like the new era is full on staying with Kwannon getting all the butterfly motifs.
    It seems so. I was hoping they would give Kwannon her own thing.

So so curious to see how they will handle Betsy in this new era. Her role, looks, power, team..
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    No sign of Storm, Jean, Cable, Bishop, Betsy, Rachel. I didn’t spot Illyana and Piotr.
    Magik's there.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'm sure we'll get full promo team shots soon but here's a grab as close to the middle as I could get haha.

I really like how prominent Jubilee is in the trailer. I like the secret "m" hand signal. Looks like we're not going back to the mansion, at least not yet.

Is Magneto on Genosha?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So the rumors were:
    X-Men by Gail Simone and David Marquez
    Sentinels by Alex Paknadel
    Young X by Eve Ewing
    Cyclops by Jed Mackay and Ryan Stegman
    Phoenix by Stephanie Phillips
    Wolverine by Saladin Ahmed and Greg Capullo
    Mystique by Declan Shalvey

Maybe instead of "Phoenix" and "Mystique" being solos they'll be team books with Jean and Mystique as leaders.
    I can see the Mystique one being X-Force. Phoenix could be X-Factor? The O5 were the original version of that team, and Iceman and Archangel are also unaccounted for so far.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Magik's there.
    So they are ditching her upgraded outfit and powerset for her older look? Also Scott looks 13 here

Astonishing Member

Quentin Quire... and right there the expectations are lowered by 30%.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Very true!

I think Uncanny and adjectiveless have VERY solid creative teams. I have every confidence Simone and MacKay are gonna crush it and they will look so pretty doing it. I'm not terribly familiar with Eve Ewing's writing so I will reserve judgement until Exceptional X-Men hits, but I'm definitely glad we got Carmen Carnero's sublime art back with the mutants.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Didn’t get a chance to see the trailer, from what I can see here I’m not impressed with the casts and the costumes look very disappointing. The MacKay book has the best cast, but I really don’t care for Stegman’s art. I’ve heard good things about Eve Ewing and I like Carnero’s art so I’ll probably check that out. Right now Uncanny doesn’t interest me, maybe the premise will change my mind.

image.jpg

Yeah, this is definite Kwannon. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think Uncanny and adjectiveless have VERY solid creative teams. I have every confidence Simone and MacKay are gonna crush it and they will look so pretty doing it. I'm not terribly familiar with Eve Ewing's writing so I will reserve judgement until Exceptional X-Men hits, but I'm definitely glad we got Carmen Carnero's sublime art back with the mutants.
    Very solid indeed imo.
    Carmen Carnero drawing Emma again is gonna be so lovely. She looked beautiful when she appeared in that Captain America issue.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'm sensing (or choosing to sense) that the exclusion of Jean and Ororo means (a) they're doing things too big to reveal at this point and (b) they may be on a team book together again. We'll see.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Who was that walking with the canes beside M at the end? I'm wondering if...

...perhaps "Prisoner X" is Selene... and the person walking with the canes was Betsy... (Maybe a spoil for the X-Men Unlimited going down right now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I'm sensing (or choosing to sense) that the exclusion of Jean and Ororo means (a) they're doing things too big to reveal at this point and (b) they may be on a team book together again. We'll see.
    Those are big omissions for sure. I’m hoping we find out where they are in about two minutes.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”