Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

As random as this may seem, my very first thought was, "It's a shame they're getting rid of Magik's redesign." I really liked the gold and thought it was symbolic for the development she received in New Mutants. Oh well. As for what we've learned about the new direction, it's not what I was fearing aka 90's nostalgia overload. It seems more like they're trying to go in the diametrically opposite direction of Krakoa: whereas before mutants were united and living together away from humans, now they're all separate and living amongst humans in normal, real world locations (Chicago, Louisiana, Alaska). I don't know much about the creative teams (I've only read one book by Simone, and none by MacKay or Eve Ewing) so I'll leave that to others to discuss/speculate.

As always, I will hope and pray that Angel pops up at some point. He's not going to be in the core books, but there's still a chance he might be in one of the satellites.

Meh this like when we got x-men blue and gold. If this the way marvel is going i fear what they going to in the mcu .

I‘d like to see an Excalibur series. A good one I mean. With actual heroes from the UK. A little bit Excalibur, little bit from MI:13, and The Union. Rotating cast with a few mainstays, working together under the Excalibur banner.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The book I am most disappointed in is Exceptional X-men. As has been stated far too many times, we have plenty of other mutants to choose from, we did not need four new mutants...or three however many there are that's too many. Maaaybe one. Kitty is in Chicago...fine, send Karma, Mirage, and some others with her...throw in Emma for extra snarkiness and ONE new mutant. But then of course when Kitty was introduced so were Emma and Dazzler....anyway, just one. One.

So of thiss:
    X-Men by Gail Simone and David Marquez
    Sentinels by Alex Paknadel
    Young X by Eve Ewing
    Cyclops by Jed Mackay and Ryan Stegman
    Phoenix by Stephanie Phillips
    Wolverine by Saladin Ahmed and Greg Capullo
    Mystique by Declan Shalvey

Betting X-Force is the Declan Shalvey Mystique book. Sentinels could be X-Factor.... Phoenix is surely by Stephanie Phillips as earlier suggested by BC. Just no clue about Nyx's creative team. Unless that's Sentinels?
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Love it!
    I am so ready for Uncanny X-Men by Simone with Gambit, Wolverine, Rogue, Nightcrawler and Jubs!

Love all characters on this team!

Extraordinary Member

Uncanny seems to be the book that's going the hardest for '97 synergy with its cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    And the worst part is: Quire again? Really? One of the good things from Fall of X was that it seemed that Sabertooth killed him for good, probably the only good action that Creed had performed in his own life. And there are like 50 characters that would be more interesting than Oya.

So yeah, the only interesting title of the three announced is Uncanny. I really hope that the next books announced will have more interesting line ups, but Marvel always dissapoints.
    Maybe Jed Mackay can pull a miracle and actually make Quire likeable?
    Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Magik back in the poom poom shorts with the manga sword.
    It looks like she's wearing black pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The unannounced teams of the supporting titles could bring promise. But we are back to a weak generic flagship with supporting books carrying the the meat.
    I think it'll ultimately come down to the execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I'm not seeing much here that makes me think we're going in a direction I'm personally interested in. Because so far, I see

[LIST][*]A return to the old status quo of mutants being hated, hunted and feared, except things are probably going to be even harder for them for a little while now. Yeah I know that stuff still happened in Krakoa, but Krakoa felt like actual progress.
    I guess Orchis won the battle of public opinion in the end.
    [*]Focus on the same old characters, which almost no branching out to lesser known characters.
    Bunch of new OC's though!
    [*]More focus on solo books than team books.
    The three team books seem like the "core" titles, and there's also X-Factor and X-Force.
    [*]More X-Men/Avengers crossover stuff and interaction. I'm fine with them helping each other out now and then, but this could easily lead to the Avengers butting in on things when they don't need to be.
    I don't see Jed Mackay writing his Avengers like that.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    As random as this may seem, my very first thought was, "It's a shame they're getting rid of Magik's redesign." I really liked the gold and thought it was symbolic for the development she received in New Mutants. Oh well. As for what we've learned about the new direction, it's not what I was fearing aka 90's nostalgia overload. It seems more like they're trying to go in the diametrically opposite direction of Krakoa: whereas before mutants were united and living together away from humans, now they're all separate and living amongst humans in normal, real world locations (Chicago, Louisiana, Alaska). I don't know much about the creative teams (I've only read one book by Simone, and none by MacKay or Eve Ewing) so I'll leave that to others to discuss/speculate.

As always, I will hope and pray that Angel pops up at some point. He's not going to be in the core books, but there's still a chance he might be in one of the satellites.
    Yes, exactly. It’s like they chose this direction because it was conceptually as far as they could get from Krakoa without giving any consideration to how these characters would actually choose to move on. I don’t buy that after the war with Orchis, this is how these characters would react, by just doing their own thing wherever.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I guess Orchis won the battle of public opinion in the end.
    They should have just hidden in the WHR and let Orchis wipe out humanity, tbh.

The three team books seem like the "core" titles, and there's also X-Factor and X-Force.
    Yeah, it looks like we're getting a rise in solo books.

Tom Brevoort says there will be less team books, despite the titles shown.
    I don't know if this is just something they're doing at the moment, or something plan going forward. The wording is confusing and could easily be misconstrued. But either way I'm not feeling it.

I don't see Jed Mackay writing his Avengers like that.
    Yeah, I don't see him derailing the Avengers or anything. But Brevoort said that it's "no coincidence" that the writer of Avengers is also writing a flagship X-Men book.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So every book’s concept is that one popular X-men returns home (Gambit to Louisiana, Kitty to Chicago, Scott to Alaska) and there they find new mutants to train? Only McKay’s book doesn’t sound like it’s introducing new characters, but he has two younger mutants on the cast anyway (Idie and Quentin).
    I like the creative teams, but these concepts sound very unimaginative and I’m VERY worried about them introducing new X-kids again. With every relaunch, we get new X-kids and the number of unused existing ones keeps growing and growing.
    I feel like Brevoort saw everyone’s fear about a return to the mansion (which is just code for basic and regressive), and took it so literally that his solution was to just stick teams in people’s various home towns. Like suuuuuure that definitely addresses the concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Yes, exactly. It’s like they chose this direction because it was conceptually as far as they could get from Krakoa without giving any consideration to how these characters would actually choose to move on. I don’t buy that after the war with Orchis, this is how these characters would react, by just doing their own thing wherever.
    I wonder what brings them to this point bc it feels odd that htey wouldnt try to rebuild

Axo, Bronze, Melee…

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Jed Mackay can pull a miracle and actually make Quire likeable?
    It looks like she's wearing black pants.
    It's Magik's old costume: black shorts and black thigh boots. Looks like Jubilee has caught the same sexualization disease.
    Quire is a horrible character. I hope Magik leaves him to rot in... wherever she can teleport him these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I can totally see at least some of the characters trying to cut back and relax a little by going home before getting back into it.

Kitty for one probably would want to take a step back and look at herself after what she went through.
    [QUOTE=Rift;6752282]They should have just hidden in the WHR and let Orchis wipe out humanity, tbh.

Yeah, it looks like we're getting a rise in solo books.

I don't know if this is just something they're doing at the moment, or something plan going forward. The wording is confusing and could easily be misconstrued. But either way I'm not feeling it.
    Five explicit team books seems like enough to me a least.

Yeah, I don't see him derailing the Avengers or anything. But Brevoort said that it's "no coincidence" that the writer of Avengers is also writing a flagship X-Men book.
    At most I expect a team-up/crossover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I feel like Brevoort saw everyone’s fear about a return to the mansion (which is just code for basic and regressive), and took it so literally that his solution was to just stick teams in people’s various home towns. Like suuuuuure that definitely addresses the concern.
    I think the idea is to have the teams living in real places and making them feel closer to the real human/Mutant community compared to Krakoa.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So no news on X-Force, X-Factor and NYX yet?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================