Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Spectacular Member

People should stop the prejudice that X-Men characters can't get solo books. There are a lot of characters who can not sell in the Avengers, but Brevoort has given them a steady stream of solo books
    Last edited by PotniaTheron; 03-17-2024 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Woah, Silver!!! I needs to stop and admire the scenery in these here parts. Phoenix Jean is EATNG all the right foods.
    Yes, we Jean fans are eating Good!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    lol. Waiting for details about these solos is torturous.
    You know it!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    People should stop the prejudice that X-Men characters can't get solo books. There are a lot of characters who can not sell in the Avengers, but Brevoort has given them a steady stream of solo books
    I guess it's a matter of if Marvel wants to commit?
    I refuse to think Storm doesn't have the amount of fans enough to keep a solo floating. I guess the issue is that we've been so used to X-character mingling with their own peers and not have a life of their own detached from the X-Men, that a solo for any X-Character feels odd. Marvel should pus more X-solos, IMHO, and get us used to X-Characters having more adventures on their own.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    That is because when you had books like Marvel Comics Presents, one shot, back up stories in books, minis sand annuals with slots for solo stories and some books giving a person a spotlight issue-nobody questions it when it's an Avenger.

Go through that Avenger roster and most of the cast have had one or more of the above.

Falcon had an Avenger issue devoted to him.
    Falcon mini.
    Falcon one shot.
    A stint in Marvel Comics Presents
    A guest run in Avengers Spotlight
    Back up stories in Cap America
    ALL before he even put on that Cap America suit.

Avengers get the shots because the Avenger office never held folks hostage to just Avenger books.

Lets look at the X-roster. How many folks have appeared in non-X-Men books NOT named Scott, Jean, Storm, Logan, Wade, X-23, Beast, Rogue, Jubliee, Prodigy, Gambit and Cable?

Synch appeared in ONE non-mutant book while Generation X was going. Amazing Spider-Man written by Tom Deflaco.
    Firestar has done more as a New Warrior and Avenger than here. What has she done since coming here?

That is an X-Office issue. Who hold these guys hostage.

Then when the solos bomb-folks want to point fingers.