Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    If I had to guess laura becomes the ny street level wolverine while Logan dose all the crazy **** we know and love
    That's what I think as well - since they're scattered across the country, Laura might be acting as a hero in New York, maybe interacting with other heroes, with Spider-Man or Daredevil, for example. Maybe there's going to be attempt to repeat Taylor's All New All Different vibe, or something like that.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Will Phoenix be Jean?

I hope whoever is writing the Storm book can keep up the Ewing momentum.
    Should be Jean since Brevoort said the solos would be easy entry points to fan favorite characters.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I am VERY happy for both Jean and Storm.

But I am also very concerned about this. I need to know WHO will be writing these Ladies. Whoever is writing Storm I hope they can keep the Storm Momentum.

Because she has been phenomenal.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Those are ugly titles.
    Its from their 90s solo.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    X-men scattered to the winds… in New Orleans, Alaska, Chicago, and New York (assuming NYX takes place there)… with Storm (your namesake) getting a solo… and you think it’s boring!? Huh.

It’s certainly not the return to the mansion everyone thought. So I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt.
    Scattered for what? Scott looks deaged. Where are the black x-men? Where is synch, bishop, sunspot...? I have no idea what the solo is about or who is writing it. I have no trust in breevort. The mohawk and her potentially running for office looks bad after being the voice of sol and all the major galactic powers knowing her name.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I was wondering this myself. Don’t want to get interested and it’s a bait and switch.

Could be Echo for all we know. (or some random Homeless person the way that name has been thrown around)
    That would be the BIGGEST Slap to the Face. If the Phoenix Solo was in fact Echo. LOL

Because last time I check Echo still has the Phoenix Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Those are ugly titles.
    VERY Ugly Titles.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Will Phoenix be Jean?

I hope whoever is writing the Storm book can keep up the Ewing momentum.
    Definitely this!!! I'm cautiously excited. Once I hear the creative team I can fully get on board.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Scattered for what? Scott looks deaged. Where are the black x-men? Where is synch, bishop, sunspot...? I have no idea what the solo is about or who is writing it. I have no trust in breevort. The mohawk and her potentially running for office looks bad after being the voice of sol and all the major galactic powers knowing her name.
    You said it looks boring. With so many unanswered questions, I was just pondering how you arrived at that conclusion. Seems premature. Can’t speak for Sunspot, but I’d be shocked if Bishop doesn’t show up in either X-Factor or X-Force. And as for Storm’s hair… well, I suppose if that’s a big deal for you then I can see where that’s a boring regression. My condolences.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I am VERY happy for both Jean and Storm.

But I am also very concerned about this. I need to know WHO will be writing these Ladies. Whoever is writing Storm I hope they can keep the Storm Momentum.

Because she has been phenomenal.
    Here's the deal: Jean has an unbreakable connection to and with Phoenix. She is always and forever Phoenix, whether or not others are using her abilities.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I'm not gonna lie, I wish both were in team books instead. These X solos just never have the support to last long enough for any significant impact unless you're Gambit, Cable, or Wolverine. I appreciate the attempt though so we'll see.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While I'm very happy for a Storm solo (FINALLY!!!Thank the Goddess.) I remain very cautious based off of what was shown/teased...gawdsuckingawful mohawk and a boring-AF business suit. Waiting to see who the creatives are on this and Jean's book. They better come damn good.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I'm happy that Storm will have a book. I was about to get worried. I am hoping for good things for both Jean and Storm. I think it is safe to assume these will be miniseries ? And after they conclude maybe we'll see Jean and Storm in one of the team books. We know Wolverine's book should last - it would be nice to see Jean and Storm have longer running series (or what we consider as such during these times), but with so many 4 issue miniseries I half expect a 4-5 issue series.

At any rate I am eager to learn more about the direction and creatives teams for both Phoenix and Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Its from their 90s solo.
    Ah thanks for the info. That explains why it feels so stale and old.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Its from their 90s solo.
    Storms is but Jean never had a solo until Jean Grey in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Let’s go!!! And announce Greg Capullo on Wolverine already… worst kept secret ever!
    Greg........Land

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storms is but Jean never had a solo until Jean Grey in 2017
    It's from Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix. And used in a few other Phoenix minis in the 90s well.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/