Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Phoenix and Storm get SOLOS under Brevoort!

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Question is, which book will have Hellion? One, or both?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Let’s go!!! And announce Greg Capullo on Wolverine already… worst kept secret ever!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Mighty Member

I wish I could say I was excited for this bit not really. This new era looks so boring

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    I wish I could say I was excited for this bit not really. This new era looks so boring
    X-men scattered to the winds… in New Orleans, Alaska, Chicago, and New York (assuming NYX takes place there)… with Storm (your namesake) getting a solo… and you think it’s boring!? Huh.

It’s certainly not the return to the mansion everyone thought. So I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I usually prefer team books to solos. My interest depends heavily on the creative teams involved. It’s very unfortunate that Storm is probably going back to the limp little mohawk.

I think Jean and 'Ro are going to do big things, and I'm totally here for it.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    X-men scattered to the winds… in New Orleans, Alaska, Chicago, and New York (assuming NYX takes place there)… with Storm (your namesake) getting a solo… and you think it’s boring!? Huh.

It’s certainly not the return to the mansion everyone thought. So I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt.
    I don't think NYX is a team book. That's the name of the book Laura Kinney debuted in - it's probably her book. Couldn't call it Wolverine because Logan's is called that, couldn't call it X-23 if she isn't reverting back to that name, hence the revival of the NYX name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think NYX is a team book. That's the name of the book Laura Kinney debuted in - it's probably her book. Couldn't call it Wolverine because Logan's is called that, couldn't call it X-23 if she isn't reverting back to that name, hence the revival of the NYX name.
    I’m down with that. Will be buying that one if it is indeed Laura’s book. Wonder what she’ll go by, though? Wolverine still? Talon? Something else?

Astonishing Member

If I had to guess laura becomes the ny street level wolverine while Logan dose all the crazy **** we know and love

I can go with this.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Those are ugly titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m down with that. Will be buying that one if it is indeed Laura’s book. Wonder what she’ll go by, though? Wolverine still? Talon? Something else?
    I'd guess it's still Wolverine, else there'd be no reason not to use her codename as the name of the book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Will Phoenix be Jean?

I hope whoever is writing the Storm book can keep up the Ewing momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Will Phoenix be Jean?

I hope whoever is writing the Storm book can keep up the Ewing momentum.
    I was wondering this myself. Don’t want to get interested and it’s a bait and switch.

Could be Echo for all we know. (or some random Homeless person the way that name has been thrown around)
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.