Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    It's from Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix. And used in a few other Phoenix minis in the 90s well.
    This logo is not exactly that font, but it is certainly inspired by it. It's sleeker.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    You said it looks boring. With so many unanswered questions, I was just pondering how you arrived at that conclusion. Seems premature. Can’t speak for Sunspot, but I’d be shocked if Bishop doesn’t show up in either X-Factor or X-Force. And as for Storm’s hair… well, I suppose if that’s a big deal for you then I can see where that’s a boring regression. My condolences.
    It's the same tired watered down story about American racism that's always been there. There is no innovation, it's just a new version of gen x and x-men in different cities. I think that's pretty boring considering what we just had in krakoa. .

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    It's from Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix. And used in a few other Phoenix minis in the 90s well.
    That is not the logo used for that mini series. Also what other Phoenix minis existed in the 90s where you saw this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    That would be the BIGGEST Slap to the Face. If the Phoenix Solo was in fact Echo. LOL

Because last time I check Echo still has the Phoenix Force.
    You havent been checking for her in a while. Echo lost it last year and it returned to Jean last summer. She had a whole solo mini where we saw them reunite
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-14-2024 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    That would be the BIGGEST Slap to the Face. If the Phoenix Solo was in fact Echo. LOL

Because last time I check Echo still has the Phoenix Force.
    She lost it at the end of Aaron's Avengers run a year or so ago.

Just saying, but Phoenix should be Hope, just going around with her guns, being the real Kid Cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ...She had a whole solo mini where we saw them reunite
    They've never really been apart.

Just like Deity Claremont always intended.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    They were though. Functionally, Marvel had them seperated for years while they let the Avengers play with the PF and only let it be something used with Jean again last year

Just like Deity Claremont always intended.

NowAndForeverNowAndForeverNowAndForeverNowAndForev erNowAndForeverNowAndForeverNowAndForeverNowAndFor everNowAndForeverNowAndForeverNowAndForeverNowAndF oreverNowAndForeverNowAndForeverNowAndForeverNowAn dForeverNowAndForeverNowAndForeverNowAndForeverNow AndForeverNowAndForeverNowAndForeverNowAndForeverN owAndForeverNowAndForeverNowAndForeverNowAndForeve r

*Bird Screech*
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

They were though. Functionally, Marvel had them seperated for years while they let the Avengers play with the PF and only let it be something used with Jean again last year
    Appearances are deceiving, and the canonical text says otherwise. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time someone hosts Phoenix while Jean manifests her birthright (see Phoenix Endsong and AvX). The two are not mutually exclusive.

Appearances are deceiving, and the canonical text says otherwise. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time someone hosts Phoenix while Jean manifests her birthright (see Phoenix Endsong and AvX). The two are not mutually exclusive.
    Stop playing. You know exactly what Im talking about

Stop playing. You know exactly what Im talking about
    And you know exactly what I'm talking about.

And you know exactly what I'm talking about.
    Mercury, I usually appreciate your enthusiasm and positivity, but let's be real, you have a habit of twisting things to fit your narrative. I kinda get it, because I like Jean as Phoenix too and want it to be hers and not a completely seperate character or plot device that can jump into any character. But let's be real, it's a fact that there was a time where Marvel, or at least the X-Office and some of its writers (plus Jason Aaron), didn't want for Jean to be Phoenix/have the Phoenix/anything of the sort. Phoenix Resurrection ends with the conclusion that they should go their separate ways, in Red Jean kept saying she was better off without the Phoenix, etc.

People should be allowed to acknowledge that without you coming with the "well akshually" panels/lines every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Just saying, but Phoenix should be Hope, just going around with her guns, being the real Kid Cable.
    Honestly, I would be all for a Hope/Cable/Rachel story.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, I wish both were in team books instead. These X solos just never have the support to last long enough for any significant impact unless you're Gambit, Cable, or Wolverine. I appreciate the attempt though so we'll see.
    Yeah same, solo books for most of the X-Men never work that well. I’m hoping they’re mini series which lead into team(s)
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Mercury, I usually appreciate your enthusiasm and positivity, but let's be real, you have a habit of twisting things to fit your narrative...
    I'm not twisting anything. I posted panels from recent comics and a quote by Claremont, who created Phoenix. The bottom line is: Jean and Phoenix have an unbreakable connection, and that's been said for nearly fifty years, before, after, and despite the retcon. When a fan of Ororo's states she's a goddess, even though there are plenty of panels indicating otherwise, are they "twisting things"? I think not.