Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Vita had the opportunity to write them instead she created like 25 new characters that only got one line each and who's powers and personalities were only posted on Twitter.

At least Leah did gave us the reunion in X-Factor.
    This post confuses me because Ayala did not create a single New Mutant during their New mutant run. Like not a single one, so I have no clue what this who "25 new characters" thing is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Vita had the opportunity to write them instead she created like 25 new characters that only got one line each and who's powers and personalities were only posted on Twitter.

At least Leah did gave us the reunion in X-Factor.
    Yeah 25 characters who were bland and one dimensional as hell.

And as you said at least Leah was able to get the reunion for X-Factor. A miracle that White allowed her to do that.

Just a recycled codename, yeah.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Seriously, what the **** are you guys talking about?

Ayala's run contained

Magik
    Dani
    Xian
    Wolfsbane
    Thunderbird
    Gabby
    No Girl
    Anole
    Rain boy

The only new character during their run was Cosmar... who Vita did not create and just brought forward from Brisson's run

Yeah, I’m not a fan of the X-kids Vita chose for her run, but at least they were existing characters.
    Why someone would choose Rain Boy over any of the NXM is beyond me, though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah, I’m not a fan of the X-kids Vita chose for her run, but at least they were existing characters.
    Why someone would choose Rain Boy over any of the NXM is beyond me, though.
    I mean, the whole point of Ayala's run was the Shadow King taking advantage of dissillusioned teens whose power manifestations suck.

None of the NXM really fit
    Last edited by Woozie; 03-15-2024 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post

Ayala's run contained

Magik
    Dani
    Xian
    Wolfsbane
    Thunderbird
    Gabby
    No Girl
    Anole
    Rain boy

The only new character during their run was Cosmar... who Vita did not create and just brought forward from Brisson's run
    We are talking about the characters she created for Prisoner X, the mini of Age of X-man and for some reason she thought it was a good idea to bring them to her New Mutants run (they basically appear doing team ups with Warpath). Technically they count as new characters as they also debuted in the main marvel universe during her run.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    We are talking about the characters she created for Prisoner X, the mini of Age of X-man and for some reason she thought it was a good idea to bring them to her New Mutants run (they basically appear doing team ups with Warpath). Technically they count as new characters as they also debuted in the main marvel universe during her run.

You mean the one off side thing that's barely a part of Ayala's run?

That's what y'all are bitching about?

Did they even get 2 issues worth of content in Ayala's 20 issue run?

...Come the **** on, pick a real struggle.

Ayala's run contained

Magik
    Dani
    Xian
    Wolfsbane
    Thunderbird
    Gabby
    No Girl
    Anole
    Rain boy

I guess the complaint comes from her old OCs who mostly existed in the background, like Leonara Eng and Megan Oogawa. They often showed up for a couple of pages and didn't really do anything, other than establish their existence in 616.

There was also Gallura, who just sort of popped into existence and immediately became Karma's girlfriend. But she at least got focus after the fact, albeit in an Unlimited.
    Last edited by Rift; 03-15-2024 at 04:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

You mean the one off side thing that's barely a part of Ayala's run?

That's what y'all are bitching about?

Did they even get 2 issues worth of content in Ayala's 20 issue run?

...Come the **** on, pick a real struggle.
    Doesn't change the fact that they sucked and were one dimensional.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I guess the complaint comes from her old OCs who mostly existed in the background, like Leonara Eng and Megan Oogawa. They often showed up for a couple of pages and didn't really do anything, other than establish their existence in 616.

There was also Gallura, who just sort of popped into existence and immediately became Karma's girlfriend. But she at least got focus after the fact, albeit in an Unlimited.
    Yeah, that's a dumb as **** complaint "oh, Ayala's OCs are wall paper" is such a nothing thing to bitch about. If they're wall paper, they're not taking up any narrative focus so why even mention them?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that they sucked and were one dimensional.
    Would you rather the wallpaper be surge and armor and pixie doing **** all?

If not, what is this complaint?

Extraordinary Member

I get the complaints that Vita's kid characters sound the same in how they're written, but if the complaint is specifically about creating new kids instead of using existing ones, Vita's New Mutants is the last book anyone should be complaining about. Even the kids Vita created pre-Krakoa were tiny cameos compared to the use older characters like ANole and Rain Boy got.

Yeah, that's a dumb as **** complaint "oh, Ayala's OCs are wall paper" is such a nothing thing to bitch about. If they're wall paper, they're not taking up any narrative focus so why even mention them?
    People aren't really bitching. It was like one person making an aside complaint and others agreeing. It's not as big as you're making it out to be lol

And the characters are not exactly page-hoggers or scene-stealers, unlike other OC characters who happened to be named Trinary. But I think it's fair to be annoyed at Ayala contributing to the bloat instead of using those moments to give fun cameos to other characters. Like a cameo where Hellion has a few panels dedicated to a moon mission instead of Leonara would have been (sadly) been a boon for him, who's usually in the background and not giving us any indication that he's doing ANYTHING on Krakoa.

It's not a big deal and I'm sure everyone here knows that. But it's disappointing that spots were used to introduce yet more disposable characters.

(TBH I would have been find with Brother Nature being part of the cast instead of Anole, since Anole didn't fit the role he was given. BN could have, and he has a design and power we don't see very often with X-Men. He's also a transman, which is something we haven't seen among the X-Men and gives him a unique chance to tell certain stories. Like out of all the OCs he was the one I'vebeen wanting to see more of.)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Mighty Member

That feels really disingenuous considering one of the loudest complaints here specifically is using established characters as nothing but wall paper.

How would people feel seeing Transonic or Dust just in the background twiddling their thumbs.

Especially from New Xmen fans where that's like their biggest complaint 24/7.

I can understand choosing someone other than Anole, but complaining about ocs in the background is so silly.

I was initially giving the benefit of the doubt that they mixed up Ayala's New Mutant run with the one that came after