Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    The more I think about it, the more frustrating I find it that so many new characters are being introduced while the Academy X kids are left in limbo. They barely even got a look in on Krakoa, where everyone was around. Has Marvel ever addressed why this is? Do writers just not want to write them? It’s just weird that Quire, of all characters, is the one who has the most sticking power from that generation even though he seems to be pretty widely disliked by fans.
    It generally comes down to your editors and what they allow.

As Leah and Vita and even other writers will gladly you tell-there are folks who want to writer "X".

They get shot down. Their pitches do not get listen to and many of those pitches become books elsewhere. The last Wasp title was originally pitched as a Bumblebee (DC character) book.

Then you see the mess with Black Panther-you HIRE writers who do not care for the character. Who OPENLY state that.

Don't think there are NOT folks who want to write these characters. They are out there.

Incredible Member

Vita had the opportunity to write them instead she created like 25 new characters that only got one line each and who's powers and personalities were only posted on Twitter.

At least Leah did gave us the reunion in X-Factor.

I have a lot of questions and concerns about the rosters and mission statements.

Uncanny seems alright to me, back to being outlaws with long term recognizable members. Having them in New Orleans should be interesting seeing more in depth how Gambit relates to his hometown. But the cast, while great characters, nearly lacks diversity. Storm would have been an excellent addition here, but I realize there's other plans. And lets face it, after her character arc in the Krakoan era, you can't just put her back in a box. She's outgrown the X-Men to be honest so it would be weird seeing her on the run.

X-men cast is okay but the mission statement is very vague. I have questions about Beast (I've followed the X-Force storyline with him, just picked the title back up just for this). Why does Cyclops look 15 years younger suddenly? a little better on the diversity front, but still not great.

Exceptional X-Men - probably gonna skip this one. Didn't we go through this storyline with Cyclops/Emma's Uncanny X-Men with Tempus, Triage, etc? Hasn't this story been done to death already? How about instead of introducing new flavor of the week mutants they use some of the ones that have popped up in the last two decades?

Overall, 1 book for sure, one book possible and one book pass. Overall there's not a lot of diversity. Sooo many mutants (many of them being non-white) missing.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Awesome! I'm so glad the BC rumors were not all true and that we are getting more team titles. I like the addition of Jubilee to Gails team. So it isn't simply X-Men , Gails team but uncanny! I can't say that I like all the costumes but if the writings good that's the most important. I'm glad Kurts original costume has gotten tweaked. I'm glad he is going to use his rapier again.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I have a lot of questions and concerns about the rosters and mission statements.

Uncanny seems alright to me, back to being outlaws with long term recognizable members. Having them in New Orleans should be interesting seeing more in depth how Gambit relates to his hometown. But the cast, while great characters, nearly lacks diversity. Storm would have been an excellent addition here, but I realize there's other plans. And lets face it, after her character arc in the Krakoan era, you can't just put her back in a box. She's outgrown the X-Men to be honest so it would be weird seeing her on the run.

X-men cast is okay but the mission statement is very vague. I have questions about Beast (I've followed the X-Force storyline with him, just picked the title back up just for this). Why does Cyclops look 15 years younger suddenly? a little better on the diversity front, but still not great.

Exceptional X-Men - probably gonna skip this one. Didn't we go through this storyline with Cyclops/Emma's Uncanny X-Men with Tempus, Triage, etc? Hasn't this story been done to death already? How about instead of introducing new flavor of the week mutants they use some of the ones that have popped up in the last two decades?

Overall, 1 book for sure, one book possible and one book pass. Overall there's not a lot of diversity. Sooo many mutants (many of them being non-white) missing.
    I have to agree.

We have so many OTHER Newer Mutants that they just decided to create MORE New Mutants. It's really a slap to the face honestly.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Default Question about upcoming character? SPOILERS if you not seen upcoming previews!

Is Melee a new character or this one from the Avengers Initiative comics?

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix7/meleeavtinit.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Is Melee a new character or this one from the Avengers Initiative comics?

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix7/meleeavtinit.html
    Hmm it seems like they might be new but honestly I can see it being the same character. Both like having their arms exposed.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GIp-2-WX...jpg&name=small
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hmm it seems like they might be new but honestly I can see it being the same character. Both like having their arms exposed.
    Thank You!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think Uncanny and X-Men both have very strong writers and artists and I trust both Simone and MacKay to make magic with the mutants.

Exceptional X-Men I think suffers from the "third X-Men core-but-not-really book" syndrome, in that it has a couple of name characters, aims to create some new and has a lower-profile creative team compared to the other two - I'm not familiar with Eve Ewing's writing but I like the premise enough to give it a try.

I think I see what Brevoort aimed for here and I think the idea of the X-Men scattered across the globe and across different teams can be a fun one... and then I expect in 1 or 2 years to have a big storyline that brings all the X-Men back together again, when it's time to revamp the books again before the X-Men's MCU reboot.

I'm curious to see what the rest of the books will bring, in particular the team books, although it sounds like they might be more ensembles than teams.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    The more I think about it, the more frustrating I find it that so many new characters are being introduced while the Academy X kids are left in limbo. They barely even got a look in on Krakoa, where everyone was around. Has Marvel ever addressed why this is? Do writers just not want to write them? It’s just weird that Quire, of all characters, is the one who has the most sticking power from that generation even though he seems to be pretty widely disliked by fans.
    If memory serves someone asked about the Academy X characters in a 2022 X-men Monday featuring an interview with the X-men editor at the time and the answer was basicly that there is a specific kind of spotlight for characters who are young and inexperienced, but once these characters have been around for too long and no longer qualify for it they are added to the pool of "regular characters" who have to compete with everyone else for every other kind of spotlight, in particular the classic old characters that everyone knows, loves and wants to see. Meanwhile someone has to fill the young and inexperienced spotlight, so new characters it is.

In the absence of an exact quote, this should be taken with a grain of salt though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Quentin Quire skating on by through pure infamy. Or spite. Like the writers lowkey want to punish some fans off by forcing him into their field of vision.
    Perhaps they think people love to hate him. But that's somewhat doubtfull because there seems to be no discernable majority of X-men fans who either love or really hate him. Rather most just don't want to see him anymore, like at all.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-14-2024 at 07:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    Okay, can we go back to the outback and be covert in a kinda haunted setting with:

Storm
    Colossus
    Psylocke
    Havok
    Polaris
    Madrox
    Doug
    Dazzler

With visits from Longshot and Stevie Hunter, unused New Mutants, and Layla.
    It ain't the Outback without Maddy, throw in Bishop and Warren and take my money please. That book excites me way more than anything announced so far.

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

This announcement excites me again and I'm so ready to move on from Krakoa. So much 90s vibing and so happy for the Blue Team getting their spots. Looking forward to the next announcement of the other titles with the current rosters.
    Peerless and Fearless

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I hope this new era we have human supports again.

This feels like an enormous step backwards and it's worse than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    This seems like a different character. There was a sketch of the whole team together and it showed their respective heights and this Melee is like 6’3” or something. She’s large!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”