Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Isnt there a whole Captain Britan Corps? I dont want Betsy in the role but even if she is, why cant they both be? There's multiple Novas, multiple Green Lanterns. Let there be multiple Captain Britains (which we know there are)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Isnt there a whole Captain Britan Corps? I dont want Betsy in the role but even if she is, why cant they both be? There's multiple Novas, multiple Green Lanterns. Let there be multiple Captain Britains (which we know there are)
    I've always liked this idea. Currently it consists of alt reality Betsy's but I don't see why they can't both be CB. They're twins so it would work for me.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It does kind of suck we are only getting one a new x book a month, I wish all 3 launched the same month.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    It does kind of suck we are only getting one a new x book a month, I wish all 3 launched the same month.
    Yeah I think they could have had Uncanny and Exceptional both come out in August at least instead of staggering the release across 3 months... and maybe even double-ship, because I'm greedy.

Because Marvel fans aren't trained like DC fans to accept those kinds of set-ups. DC is very corps oriented. DC is also very accepting of mantle swaps. Nova is pretty much a take on Green Lantern but Marvel fans and Marvel itself just don't respond to the Nova corps the way DC and DC fans respond to the Green Lantern corps.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Because Marvel fans aren't trained like DC fans to accept those kinds of set-ups. DC is very corps oriented. DC is also very accepting of mantle swaps. Nova is pretty much a take on Green Lantern but Marvel fans and Marvel itself just don't respond to the Nova corps the way DC and DC fans respond to the Green Lantern corps.
    i call bull on that. im sure the Brian fans would rather than then the current alternative which is to not have him in the role at all. The fact is Marvel hasnt tried that set up to even know people wouldnt accept it

The Corps is a different concept than the Nova Corps or Green Lantern Corps, bc the concept is that there is inherently one per reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    The Corps is a different concept than the Nova Corps or Green Lantern Corps, bc the concept is that there is inherently one per reality.
    That sounds like it draws more from Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champion concept (Elric) than the ideas of the Green Lantern Corps. (Which is itself drawn from E E Smith's Lensman series).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Yes they are. Prior to Betsy going back to the British body, she was colored inconsistently with black and purple hair but ever since the Krakoa era, her hair has been colored lilac/light purple and Kwannon has been black. Not dark purple. She's been firmly established as Asian Psylocke with black hair. Any deviation from that is an error. Its the one way that Marvel has made sure to differentiate them in the comics

One of these is Kwannon and the other is Betsy and the hair is a dead give away

Its not even doing that as the hair is clearly black and not purple
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Welcome to the XYZ era…

X-Men
    Yawn
    Zzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I'll wake you up when we get to the Pendulum era.
    I hope the books will be feeling the flow.

(Wait, does that make Krakoa the Synchro era?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    This number is bad regardless, but FWIW, Simone has made clear on Twitter that she intentionally has asked to hold back some of her cast outside of the five advertised so we can meet them in story, so it's not her final cast and might get better.
    I wonder if it's established characters or the new Mutant characters?
    I'm a little tired of shared codenames myself.

Here are some rumors from @XNewsMediaGroup, who seems sweet and genuine, on Twitter. Let’s have fun with the rumors!

Last edited by Mercury; 03-17-2024 at 12:00 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Fantastic Member

Out of all of those the only one sounding decent is Wolverine.

I’m so sick of phoenix already. There’s seriously no other story concepts to revisit aside from that one??

Dude… I really hope this scooper is right re: Wolverine and X-Force. Both sound right up my alley!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Jean is going to have a team of Phoenix users (Herself, Rachel, Hope, etc.)?

How many interesting stories can you get out of a character running for congress?

Of course Captain America would show up in an Ahmed Wolverine book. Bleh on Fury Jr. Although it would be kind of funny that Ryan North set up a new SHIELD in his FF book but we don't see it until Wolverine of all book.

So are Kitty and Kwannon going to hook up? Or Emma and Kwannon? Or Quire with the one male dude in Exceptional? Or Juggernaut?

Could Marvel really swing Tom Taylor back? I mean, it'd be cool to have Bobby as leader but I'm pretty skeptical of Taylor writing a good team book.

Who in their right mind would make Deadpool leader of X-Force? Wouldn't it just turn it into a parody?

They're doing to make real that stupid ship with illyana and her sister Katya, aren't they?

X-Factor and X-Force will be as bad as the rest, it seems. Another old X-Man leading a team.

Saladin Ahmed can be very, very good (but sometimes mediocre too) but not even him can sell me on Sniktbub.

Hope is not enough to make Phoenix better in my book. Maybe if the add Echo too....
    Last edited by mugiwara; 03-17-2024 at 12:02 PM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way