Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

So they're bringing back Rightclops?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So they're bringing back Rightclops?
    I can only hope they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I can only hope they are.
    I get it's a really popular take on Cyke though I feel like he kind of outgrew that.

I get it's a really popular take on Cyke though I feel like he kind of outgrew that.
    I don't want to see Cyclops go back to his survivor mode again, but it will be nice to see him regaining some agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So xmen is the brotherhood?
    Pretty much. And Magneto is supposedly involved too.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    In Jed Mackay and Ryan Stegman's 'X-Men,' Cyclops Reignites Mutant Revolution
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-cover-details...
    Yeah, that's about what I was expecting from this title. It's far from a fresh take, but it's more interesting than standard superheroics. I like the cast, I'm willing to give MacKay a chance, but man I do not like Stegman's art.

After giving it some thought, I think Uncanny is the book I'm the most uninterested in and the least likely to buy. I like most of the cast, and Marquez' art is very pretty. But I've seen these characters in a team before, I know exactly what to expect with their interactions, and the generic mission statement bores me. I'm not at all curious or excited about what what will happen in that book.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Why would he outgrow it?

The fight's never ending and there always has to be someone to lead the call to action.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Why would he outgrow it?

The fight's never ending and there always has to be someone to lead the call to action.
    Not outgrow the fight but like the revolutionary mindset that was born from all the genocide...but I guess it happened all over again so...

Not outgrow the fight but like the revolutionary mindset that was born from all the genocide...but I guess it happened all over again so...
    I'm hoping for a take in between, maybe early Utopia or Astonishing. The situation doesn't look to be one where he can have his early Claremont to 90s take, that makes no sense either.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Yeah I've seen one person describe him as like potentially "less of a revolution and more of a "stand up for what's right" kind of mindset."

Which makes sense cause he's no longer in that unpopular phase where the heroes are against him, but a mutant hero. Still direct but also respected so a nice in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Juggernaut and Kwannon were both on Cyclops's makeshift Uncanny team during Age of X-man, and Juggernaut has really proven himself during Fall of X. It makes sense that Scott would trust them both and willingly add them to his team.

People also forget that in Hellions, Scott trusted her to protect Alex and keep Sinister in check. He went behind the Council's back and used her as a mole for him. That series helped establish a working relationship between them

When he stepped down from being Captain Commander, he recommended her to replace Gorgon and they worked together in that capacity as well. I definitely think it tracks that he trusts her
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-12-2024 at 04:35 PM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

The Bendis attitude era was the most obvious influence from the initial announcement with the structure and missions of three main books, but this one really goes back to Bendis. It’s almost tempting, except I’ve seen it, seen Scott succeed, and then seen it evaporate into nothing as books reset. It was great as an anti-Avengers/anti-Wolverine positioning steeped in confidence and fan service, but I don’t feel the need to read the arc again, knowing it will go nowhere again

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    The Bendis attitude era was the most obvious influence from the initial announcement with the structure and missions of three main books, but this one really goes back to Bendis. It’s almost tempting, except I’ve seen it, seen Scott succeed, and then seen it evaporate into nothing as books reset. It was great as an anti-Avengers/anti-Wolverine positioning steeped in confidence and fan service, but I don’t feel the need to read the arc again, knowing it will go nowhere again
    The problem is that most stuff seems to go nowhere now - if that's an issue then the answer is basically to abandon the big two almost entirely.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    In Jed Mackay and Ryan Stegman's 'X-Men,' Cyclops Reignites Mutant Revolution
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-cover-details

The fall of Krakoa will go down as one of the darkest chapters in mutant history, but Cyclops refuses to allow the X-Men to be victims.

The first X-Man, mutantkind’s ultimate leader, and arguably the most brilliant strategic mind in the entire Marvel Universe, Scott Summers steps up to guide his species towards a better future in Jed MacKay and Ryan Stegman’s X-MEN. Announced last month, X-MEN will be the first of three flagship X-titles set in the upcoming From the Ashes era.

No longer living under the protection of Krakoa, it’s a dangerous time for mutants everywhere, and dangerous times call for radical action! Cyclops gathers a group of his most trusted and reliable mutant soldiers along with the brightest of the next generation to tackle the most prevalent threats to mutantkind, including an existential new enemy that rises out of the remains of Orchis. Prepare for a reckoning as this team handles explosive mutant-specific issues without restraint. Humanity can hate them all they want, as long as they fear them!

FROM THE ASHES! Krakoa is gone, Orchis has fallen... but the X-Men remain, always. Cyclops leads, because that is what he does. Beast builds, because that is what he does. And from their new home in Alaska, the X-Men raise a flag of defiance. Mutant business is their business. Join Cyclops, Beast, Magneto, Psylocke, Magik, Kid Omega, Temper, and Juggernaut as new forces in the world move into position, battling for the destiny and philosophy of the mutant species.

"Taking on the X-Men is always a daunting prospect, but I'm extremely psyched to take this team of mutants back into the world with Ryan!" MacKay said.

"When I first got into comics, drawing X-Men was THE job you wanted as an artist," Stegman added. "To have the opportunity now is mind-blowing."

With three flagship titles and a host of additional satellite series, the upcoming From the Ashes era will present fans with a wide range of different approaches to the X-Men’s mission statement. Gail Simone and David Marquez’s UNCANNY X-MEN delivers globetrotting super hero adventures as the X-Men show the world all the good mutantkind can accomplish. Eve L. Ewing and Carmen Carnero’s EXCEPTIONAL X-MEN focuses on the trials and training young mutants need to undergo to survive in a world against them. Meanwhile, MacKay and Stegman’s X-MEN sees mutantkind flex their strength and keep hope alive by any means necessary!
    Seeing this cover makes me wonder about the biggest question I have about From the Ashes: is Beast mascara really kiss proof AND cry proof?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    It felt so odd when the Krakoa stuff started and Scott was back to being chummy with Xavier as if nothing happened. It felt like such an absurd 180° ignoring years of character development. So I'm all for Scott to go back to how he was after so much interesting growth and development. Krakoa Scott felt like a regression in some ways, at least as far as I read. I didn't stick with it after a while.