Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Lot of Women. Yum.

As I said in another thread, these concepts seem very uninspired.
    Every book is about an X-men going home only to decide training new mutants (Yay, more new characters who will soon join the trillions already in limbo).
    I don’t really get what makes each title’s mission very different from each other.
    Rogue’s team seems like the most “superheroe-y”, (protecting a world that hates and fears them) but they’re also dealing with at least 4 new mutants.
    Cyke’s team seems more focused on protecting mutants themselves, but he also has 2 younger members and I’m sure missions will involve saving new young mutants too.
    Then Kitty’s team is closest to an actual “school” book and has even more new mutants.

So everyone goes home and trains young mutants because they can never truly abandon the dream?
    I will say that I really like all of the creative teams, so I’m really hoping there’s more to each of these and they’ve just done a very bad job of announcing the uniqueness of each title.

The costumes are very disappointing. I like that each team has their own visual identity, but the 90’s regurgitation and the sheer ugliness of some of the designs (poor Emma) is underwhelming.
    At least Marquez is able to sell some of the new looks better than Stegman, judging by the trailer. UXM should look good.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Since the X-Office has gone out of it's way to bring back the classic "fun" Beast, I'm surprised they didn't put Hank on the classic Uncanny team, rather than the Scott and Magneto's seemingly strikeforce team.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

It's 90s inspired, but remixed. Bit of Morrison.

Only book of the initial three that seems really interesting is Uncanny X-men.

I would have given a chance to X-men, but I probably wont touch it because of Quire and Oya's pressence (one of the good things that Percy seemed to do in his time writing Wolverine and X-force is that he seemed to have killed off Quire for good, but it seems we can't get rid of him).

And those three new characters will become wallpaller material as soon as that book is cancelled and Eve Ewing leaves. Designs seem boring and uninteresting, potential signal of the three of them being one dimensional.

Hopefully the upcoming books that will be announced will bring more interesting roster of characters.

Yeah , it's official, my money will be safe from the X-books.
    More new mutants that everyone will forgot in 3...2..1...

The blurbs about the books made me LESS interested. lol.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I feel like there was always going to be pushback for undoing Krakoa and going for a straightforward, back-to-basics, traditional line-up (in more ways than one) but I'm cautiously optimistic and I think execution will matter the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Scattering the teams is a weird choice. Having no centralized base, unifying mission statement, or ideology doesn’t make each book feel like a flagship to me, instead it feels like none of them matter. It feels like a transitory period, but there’s no indication that it’s leading to anything new or better.
    Feels like that's "Protect young Mutants," at least it feels like it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    As I said in another thread, these concepts seem very uninspired.
    Every book is about an X-men going home only to decide training new mutants (Yay, more new characters who will soon join the trillions already in limbo).
    I don’t really get what makes each title’s mission very different from each other.
    Rogue’s team seems like the most “superheroe-y”, (protecting a world that hates and fears them) but they’re also dealing with at least 4 new mutants.
    Cyke’s team seems more focused on protecting mutants themselves, but he also has 2 younger members and I’m sure missions will involve saving new young mutants too.
    Then Kitty’s team is closest to an actual “school” book and has even more new mutants.

So everyone goes home and trains young mutants because they can never truly abandon the dream?
    I will say that I really like all of the creative teams, so I’m really hoping there’s more to each of these and they’ve just done a very bad job of announcing the uniqueness of each title.

The costumes are very disappointing. I like that each team has their own visual identity, but the 90’s regurgitation and the sheer ugliness of some of the designs (poor Emma) is underwhelming.
    At least Marquez is able to sell some of the new looks better than Stegman, judging by the trailer. UXM should look good.
    Is it really regurgitating the 90's when it's just modernizing characters' iconic looks like they always do? I think Nightcrawler is the only one in a 1-to-1 same costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Since the X-Office has gone out of it's way to bring back the classic "fun" Beast, I'm surprised they didn't put Hank on the classic Uncanny team, rather than the Scott and Magneto's seemingly strikeforce team.
    Maybe Jed wanted to write Beast ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The fact that they’re scattered to the winds and not operating out the mansion definitely feels to me like a continuation rather than a reset. Some costumes are similar to their 90s looks, but otherwise nothing about this says “nostalgia fest” to me. Maybe helping out mutants in need? That’s pretty consistent throughout their 60 year history honestly.
    Same here. They're not at the mansion and they're at different locations. If anything it sounds more Outback than 90s.

This is sound like claremont at his worst when jim lee had to take over the book to save it.

I think it might be stephanie phillips who's doing the NYX if it's a laura book.

Love it!
    I am so ready for Uncanny X-Men by Simone with Gambit, Wolverine, Rogue, Nightcrawler and Jubs!

Love all characters on this team!

Emma and Jubilee look horrible. I hope that's not their official new costumes.

This is what I was hoping. I can't wait! I started reading X-Books in 1990 and this seems to be hitting all of my happy spots. I was hoping John Proudstar would be there, but we have other books for him to show up in... I like having the teams separated so the characters don't spill over into each others books.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    This is what I was hoping. I can't wait! I started reading X-Books in 1990 and this seems to be hitting all of my happy spots. I was hoping John Proudstar would be there, but we have other books for him to show up in... I like having the teams separated so the characters don't spill over into each others books.
    He still may be in X-Factor or X-Force.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”