Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

I think it's pretty telling that a small mission lasting a couple of pages, and a few lines of dialogue, would still be better than what a majority of those characters got during 5 years of Krakoa.

And I said, it's not a big deal. It's nothing super offensive or anything. I don't think these are some golden, fix-all opportunities being wasted. But it is an example of a bigger problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    That feels really disingenuous considering one of the loudest complaints here specifically is using established characters as nothing but wall paper.

How would people feel seeing Transonic or Dust just in the background twiddling their thumbs.

Especially from New Xmen fans where that's like their biggest complaint 24/7.

I can understand choosing someone other than Anole, but complaining about ocs in the background is so silly.

I was initially giving the benefit of the doubt that they mixed up Ayala's New Mutant run with the one that came after
    Wallpaper > not being used at all.

She also wrote Children of the Atom with another 5 brand new characters of Wich only one has been used since the book ended.

My problem is creating so many brand new disposable characters, and Vita was the worst offender in the Krakoans era.

I remember when the era started Hickman and JDW said there was a veto on creating new mutants and instead used some of the thousand that already exist, have history and are not being used.
    Last edited by Milici; 03-15-2024 at 05:11 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I think it's pretty telling that a small mission lasting a couple of pages, and a few lines of dialogue, would still be better than what a majority of those characters got during 5 years of Krakoa.

And I said, it's not a big deal. It's nothing super offensive or anything. I don't think these are some golden, fix-all opportunities being wasted. But it is an example of a bigger problem.
    The initial post was in response to Ayala not being in the writing team and acting like these wall paper moments were such a pivotal reason why Ayala got passed over.

So it must have mattered a lot to go out of the way to act like it's justification why Ayala aint around any more.

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    Okay, can we go back to the outback and be covert in a kinda haunted setting with:

Storm
    Colossus
    Psylocke
    Havok
    Polaris
    Madrox
    Doug
    Dazzler

With visits from Longshot and Stevie Hunter, unused New Mutants, and Layla.
    An Outback inspired team for X-Force or X-Factor would be amazing. Storm has her solo but she needs to also be a leader in book so this would be my take:

Storm - leader
    Colossus
    Betsy
    Havok
    Dazzler
    Polaris
    Iceman
    Bishop

If this is X-Factor then X-Force could be:
    Cable
    Mystique
    Archangel
    Domino
    Destiny
    Maddie
    Sabretooth

By the way we should start a speculation thread for the other titles still to be revealed.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    The initial post was in response to Ayala not being in the writing team and acting like these wall paper moments were such a pivotal reason why Ayala got passed over.

So it must have mattered a lot to go out of the way to act like it's justification why Ayala aint around any more.
    I don't see how their post implied anything like that. Just general frustration with how Ayala went about things.

And it's not like one is "going out of their way" to make a single, two sentence post about it on a forum. I'm expending more energy by making all my giant-ass paragraph posts where I ramble on about nothing. You expended more energy by responding to the original comment after the "conversation" about Ayala had died down, then responded to anyone who agreed with the person to try and argue with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yeah. No more Krakoa. More 90s stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    An Outback inspired team for X-Force or X-Factor would be amazing. Storm has her solo but she needs to also be a leader in book so this would be my take:

Storm - leader
    Colossus
    Betsy
    Havok
    Dazzler
    Polaris
    Iceman
    Bishop

If this is X-Factor then X-Force could be:
    Cable
    Mystique
    Archangel
    Domino
    Destiny
    Maddie
    Sabretooth

By the way we should start a speculation thread for the other titles still to be revealed.
    I doubt Sabretooth is going to end up on a hero team after Percy's Wolverine run.
    "Cable was right!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

I doubt Sabretooth is going to end up on a hero team after Percy's Wolverine run.
    If Beast can I don't see why Sabertooth shouldn't.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    If Beast can I don't see why Sabertooth shouldn't.
    Because Percy brought back a younger, non-crazy version of Beast. What are you on about?
    "Cable was right!"

Agreed. I’m thinking X-Force could be the Mystique book, since that rumored lineup Bleeding Cool posted was directionally correct and particularly in terms of the lead characters (e.g., it listed McKay and Stegman on a Cyclops book when Scott was actually the lead of the X-men book, but the creative team was correct and so was the main character; it had Gail and Marquez on X-men when that one was actually Uncanny X-men, etc.). Could be cool to see Raven lead a hardcore X-Force team of mercenary badasses or something like that.

The other option could be X-Factor with it being more of a stealth solo book for her, since she was on X-Factor in the 90s, but my gut tells me that one is Storm led and has a small team that acts as the government liaison team. Perhaps with Bishop, Warren and a few others.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Incredible Member

Because Percy brought back a younger, non-crazy version of Beast. What are you on about?
    Just bring back AoA or Axis Sabertooth?

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Just bring back AoA or Axis Sabertooth?
    I was pretty pissed when they changed Sabretooth‘s moral axis again. It would have been interesting to have his First X-Men team confront him, especially with a resurrected Holo.

Interesting…

That X-Men Gossip In The Light Of The X-Men Relaunch
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/that...-men-relaunch/

Forgot about that ‘Sentinels’ book by Alex Paknadel, so now I’m actually thinking this is ‘X-Factor’ likely by that same writer. And ‘Mystique’ by Declan Shalvey probably is indeed ‘X-Force’ led by Mystique, which could be cool.

Wonder if we can entice bishop66 to weigh in here on what he’s heard about X-Force that has him so excited, and whether it aligns with the above?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

so if this version of the beast is the cloned one they brought back, what will happen to the original?

Astonishing Member

So jubliee just left her son in otherworld

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    so if this version of the beast is the cloned one they brought back, what will happen to the original?
    We dont know which version of Beast will be used.Id wait till all of X finishes playing out