Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I'm 91% sure it's Kwannon. The not-purple hair seems to be in the indicator.
    What color is Kwanon's hair currently? Looking at that image, it's not purple, but it seems closer in tone to Betsy than what I recall Kwanon having, hair-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's just Stegman. The Marquez Jubilee has a more regular sized chest.
    It's just weird when Rogue bust (who's had bigguns since... Jim Lee) looks absolutely dwarfed by Jubilee's apparently titanic titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    What color is Kwanon's hair currently? Looking at that image, it's not purple, but it seems closer in tone to Betsy than what I recall Kwanon having, hair-wise.
    Depends on the colorist. She's supposed to have black hair, but often it's black with purple highlights. Or, when a colorist doesn't realize it's a different Psylocke, dark purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Honestly, just kill off Kwanon, make Betsy Psylocke, and give Brian Braddock the Captain Britain helm back. That whole bodyswap from the 90s has aged horribly and the attempts to course-correct have fallen flat. Betsy has had enough experience now she can be Psylocke and wield a sword herself, without any kind of Kwanon (who let's be honest, was always more cheesecake than character) influence.
    Amen. Or just update Betsy's origin if you have to have a Betsy of Asian descent.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Amen. Or just update Betsy's origin if you have to have a Betsy of Asian descent.
    No, please. Betsy has had enough retcons....

It's not the Cyclops solo that was rumored, but he is back on a team with Ilyana, so that's a very big plus. Those two became my favorite non-romantic pairing under Bendis (it might be the best thing he did on X-Men), so I'm always up for more.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It's not the Cyclops solo that was rumored, but he is back on a team with Ilyana, so that's a very big plus. Those two became my favorite non-romantic pairing under Bendis (it might be the best thing he did on X-Men), so I'm always up for more.
    Scott and Ilyana on the same team is the best thing on this era so far.

I really wanted the Cyclops solo rumor to be true, but wasn't really buying. But it does seem like whoever leaked it had some information, because the creative teams are spot on. I wonder if their information wasn't from an earlier stage, when perhaps Cyclops was actually getting a solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    I think this would work well for adaptations, but not really the main continuity.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...creative-teams

The Future of the X-Men Revealed

Jed MacKay and Ryan Stegman's 'X-Men,' Gail Simone and David Marquez's 'Uncanny X-Men,' and Eve L. Ewing and Carmen Carnero's 'Exceptional X-Men' will be the core ongoing series in an all-new era of mutant storytelling.

Over their 60-year history, the X-Men have been many things. Outcasts. Teachers. Revolutionaries. Heroes. Above all, they’re a species, and the future is still theirs for the taking!

Krakoa showed the world what homo superior is truly capable of and now, the X-Men have to fight harder than ever to keep Professor X’s dream alive. These three core series will approach the X-Men’s vital mission with distinct and relevant perspectives while remaining faithful to the storytelling power of the mutant metaphor!

X-MEN
    Written by Jed MacKay
    Art by Ryan Stegman
    On Sale 7/10

Krakoa is no more… but the X-Men fight on! From their new base in Alaska, the X-Men raise a flag of defiance! Join Cyclops, Beast, Magneto, Psylocke, Kid Omega, Temper (formerly Oya), Magik and Juggernaut as they assemble against new forces, battling for the destiny and philosophy of the mutant species. Mutant business is their business.

UNCANNY X-MEN
    Written by Gail Simone
    Art by David Marquez
    On Sale 8/7

Outlaw heroes once again, the X-Men embark on a new mission! Making themselves at home in the Big Easy, the X-Men protect a world that hates and fears them! Join Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Jubilee, and Wolverine on explosive super hero adventures. Uncanny as ever, the X-Men are back to saving the day mutant-style!

"I think X-Fans are special in that we identify with having something different about us...and you're going to feel that in this book, and what it means to have that thing about you that's different, or exceptional. We go deep into the emotional part of that," Simone told the crowd.

"David Marquez is the perfect artist for this book," she continued. "He does amazing action, amazing character work, and he’s really excited about getting into the characters appearing in this book. I knew from the very first panel that this book was going to be super exciting and gorgeous. He just knows how to knock it out of the park!"

EXCEPTIONAL X-MEN
    Written by Eve L. Ewing
    Art by Carmen Carnero
    On Sale 9/4

Mutantkind’s two greatest teachers mold the next generation of X-Men! Kate Pryde has returned home to Chicago following the war with Orchis. Having stepped away from the world of mutantdom, she is nevertheless called back into action as she crosses paths with a trio of new young mutants, Bronze, Axo, and Melee, who clearly need training and guidance. Unfortunately for Kate, Emma Frost thinks so as well!

"Longtime fans of Kitty Pryde can count on the kinds of adventures you expect from her as a classic favorite, while I hope new and old readers alike will get to love this all-new team of young mutants," Ewing shared. "Kitty, the one-time kid sister figure of the X-Men, has to reckon with her own memories—good and bad—of being a child of Xavier as she navigates a role as leader and mentor for a new generation of mutants who are trying to make their way in a time of crisis."

"I always try to strike a chord between appealing to veteran comics fans and new readers, but since so many people fell in love with the X-Men as teens and this book is about a team of young folks, that feels especially important to me here," she continued. "I hope that for some 13- or 14-year-old readers, this might be the first comic book they pick up.

"Working on this series has been a ton of fun already, as Carmen Carnero's art is bringing so much dynamism to these pages and the entire X-team of writers is in a flurry sharing scripts and feedback and ideas," she added.

"The X-Men are fractured in the aftermath of the end of Krakoa, scattered across the globe without a central base of operation," Marvel Comics VP Executive Editor Tom Brevoort explained. "What that means in practice is that all three titles carrying the name X-MEN are core X-MEN series—they all center around one of the major aspects of what the team has been about at different points. This is very much by design. We want to field a wide assortment of X-titles with different styles and tones and approaches, an X-MEN book for virtually any taste."
    All sounds absolute shite.

I like Simone but her quality can vary from excellent to unreadable.

This synopsis sounds unreadable.

The more I think about it, the more frustrating I find it that so many new characters are being introduced while the Academy X kids are left in limbo. They barely even got a look in on Krakoa, where everyone was around. Has Marvel ever addressed why this is? Do writers just not want to write them? It’s just weird that Quire, of all characters, is the one who has the most sticking power from that generation even though he seems to be pretty widely disliked by fans.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Spectacular Member

Okay, can we go back to the outback and be covert in a kinda haunted setting with:

Storm
    Colossus
    Psylocke
    Havok
    Polaris
    Madrox
    Doug
    Dazzler

With visits from Longshot and Stevie Hunter, unused New Mutants, and Layla.
    Last edited by JJS; 03-14-2024 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    The more I think about it, the more frustrating I find it that so many new characters are being introduced while the Academy X kids are left in limbo. They barely even got a look in on Krakoa, where everyone was around. Has Marvel ever addressed why this is? Do writers just not want to write them? It’s just weird that Quire, of all characters, is the one who has the most sticking power from that generation even though he seems to be pretty widely disliked by fans.
    Quentin Quire skating on by through pure infamy. Or spite. Like the writers lowkey want to punish some fans off by forcing him into their field of vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think this would work well for adaptations, but not really the main continuity.
    Or just put Betsy and Kwannon in a mini where they fight like the super up shadow king or something like him and he or it would almost kill both and pull them from their bodies maybe to fight on the Astral plane and they win only to have one of the two ladies having to stay behind to seal the baddie or defeat it and Kwannon comes full circle from her former life as an assassin and volunteer leaving Betsy to go back. Though the only viable body is the Asian one and the X-Men are shocked yo find Betsy back in that body. Then just go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Quentin Quire skating on by through pure infamy. Or spite. Like the writers lowkey want to punish some fans off by forcing him into their field of vision.
    It does seem weird how many writers seem to love him. I guess it's same reason so many love villains? They want a chaotic force on their teams.

Anyway, leave Kwannon alone. Marvel loves the psychic asian ninja image and it was her body first. Betsy existed as her own character in the 80s and should have her own story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boys View Post
    SIAP, but has any hints been given to what NYX may be?
    The original NYX was the book Laura Kinney debuted in, so it's probably a Wolverine book.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, an adaptation would be able to make Brian Asian as well (because they're twins). The comics can't do that, but a movie version could be Anglo-Japanese (British father, Japanese mother).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Technically the body that Kwannon is on right now was never her body but one that Jamie Braddock made for Betsy, so...