Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I just don’t understand the point of commissioning an artist to design a new costume and choosing one that’s almost identical to an already existing costume. Seems a waste of money and talent.
    One the contrary I'm all for keeping a recognizable look, and updating it to fit either a narrative, or a more modern perception of what costumes should be, and present-day fashion trends.
    I love some weird costume changes, of course, but the brand is important for me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I just don’t understand the point of commissioning an artist to design a new costume and choosing one that’s almost identical to an already existing costume. Seems a waste of money and talent.
    Every time they try to change the 90s X-men designs it always looks wrong. You don’t change Superman’s costume and you don’t change Jim Lee’s X-Men

How do you top perfection?

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    Every time they try to change the 90s X-men designs it always looks wrong. You don’t change Superman’s costume and you don’t change Jim Lee’s X-Men

Jim Lee's X-men are far from perfection and look horribly dated by today's standards. With few exceptions, Rogue, Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, Storm, Psylocke and Jubilee should never be put back in those costumes and whenever they have, its looked off. People were complaining when the books did a nostalgic kick the past few months
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-21-2024 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post

I feel like very few of the 90s X-Men are in their best outfits, and most of the ones that are in their best outfits are just in slightly tweaked versions of outfits that predated Jim Lee. The only characters whose designs he really owns for me are the characters who were introduced around the time of his tenure (Gambit, Jubilee, Asian Psylocke).

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Most likely everything but Z
    Storm Phoenix and NYX. BARING CAST AND Creative teams for x-factor and X-force
    X-Men Forever

Back to the boring status quo? Peace out. ✌🏿
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jim Lee's X-men are far from perfection and look horribly dated by today's standards. With few exceptions, Rogue, Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, Storm, Psylocke and Jubilee should never be put back in those costumes and whenever they have, its looked off. People were complaining when the books did a nostalgic kick the past few months
    Wolverine goes back to brown and tan all the time and for good reason. It's not his only good outfit but it's one of the good ones, with Rogue her going back to yellow and green with the bomber jacket is indeed more nostalgia but there's no other outfit of hers that is definite, saying she should never go back to it is incredibly dramatic.

With Cyclops is either 90s or full body condoms, which dates itself in it's own right or something new, and while his latest look is good, it's not so good to premanently invalid everything else he has ever worn.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Wolverine goes back to brown and tan all the time and for good reason. It's not his only good outfit but it's one of the good ones, with Rogue her going back to yellow and green with the bomber jacket is indeed more nostalgia but there's no other outfit of hers that is definite, saying she should never go back to it is incredibly dramatic.

With Cyclops is either 90s or full body condoms, which dates itself in it's own right or something new, and while his latest look is good, it's not so good to premanently invalid everything else he has ever worn.

Wolverine's Krakoa suit >>>>>> the Jim Lee look from the 90s. Thats the look that is what we were referring to. The one he wore in TAS that he wore for the bulk of the 90s and is what is is currently back in

Rogue's Excalibur suit >>>>> the Jim Lee they threw her back in. They retired that in the early 00s and then went almost 15 years giving us different variations of her classic white/yellow, many of which were better at the time.

As for Cyclops, underwear over tights went out of fashion decades ago. He looks ridiculous running around in that today.

The 90s costumes look horribly dated. Modernized versions that are tweaked can be fine but going back to the same tired designs dont work for me
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-22-2024 at 02:01 AM.

Wolverine's Krakoa suit >>>>>> the Jim Lee look from the 90s. Thats the look that is what we were referring to. The one he wore in TAS that he wore for the bulk of the 90s and is what is is currently back in

Rogue's Excalibur suit >>>>> the Jim Lee they threw her back in. They retired that in the early 00s and then went almost 15 years giving us different variations of her classic white/yellow, many of which were better at the time.

As for Cyclops, underwear over tights went out of fashion decades ago. He looks ridiculous running around in that today.

The 90s costumes look horribly dated. Modernized versions that are tweaked can be fine but going back to the same tired designs dont work for me
    Jim Lee didn't draw Wolverine for "the bulk of the 90s". He only drew Wolverine in the blue and yellow in '92. He had him in the brown and tan longer. Or I guess 1990 and 1991 don't count as 90s.

Rogue's Excalibur outfit isn't >>>> anything. It's fun for a lil bit because it's new, not an instant classic to forevermore displace all that came before.

Rogue's Excalibur's outfit was almost just a recoloring of her 90s look so that mostly proves that you often come back to well-known costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Rogue's Excalibur's outfit was almost just a recoloring of her 90s look so that mostly proves that you often come back to well-known costumes.
    Its a different jacket. And i did say tweaks are fine. They literally threw her into the same exact look when she became an X-men. IMO she looks better in darker colors with green/black being her best color scheme

The AOX suit is her best look that she never used and I wish would return

Jim Lee didn't draw Wolverine for "the bulk of the 90s". He only drew Wolverine in the blue and yellow in '92. He had him in the brown and tan longer. Or I guess 1990 and 1991 don't count as 90s.

Rogue's Excalibur outfit isn't >>>> anything. It's fun for a lil bit because it's new, not an instant classic to forevermore displace all that came before.
    Good lord, you know what is meant and I explained it because it didnt seem clear to you. No need to further argue that point
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-22-2024 at 08:07 AM.

Good lord, you know what is meant and I explained it because it didnt seem clear to you. No need to further argue that point
    It's not like Jim Lee created the yellow and blue suit either. It's what Wolverine wore for the entirety of the 70s X-Men run too. saying the Jim Lee look is not something Wolverine should never go back too is just not done. It's swearing off everything from the last century from one of Marvel's most popular characters. That is not realistic.

Rogue's Excalibur suit has too much green and the jacket doesn't look as good in my opinion.

It's not like Jim Lee created the yellow and blue suit either. It's what Wolverine wore for the entirety of the 70s X-Men run too. saying the Jim Lee look is not something Wolverine should never go back too is just not done. It's swearing off everything from the last century from one of Marvel's most popular characters. That is not realistic.
    Again updated models are fine. The look Wolverine will be wearing in Uncanny is a good modernization. Going back to the actual look from the 90s, however is not

I wouldn’t be surprised if he wore his new yellow one in Uncanny, and most guest appearances, but still rocks the brown Krakoan era one in his solo book by Capullo and also X-Force, assuming he’s in the new X-Force book. He might not be if that team goes back to Cable. I’d be fine either way.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”