Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iatet View Post
    I just noticed the new X-men Teams are mostly white people and blue (White) people. It seems after Krakoa, all the POC are back in the shadows again. At least Psylocke got a much better costume.
    Yup. 4 pocs on the 3 main teams (maybe more with the kids, hard to guess with Stegman's work). Not a good look.

I don’t see that it’s much different to what we have now? If you take X-Men, Immortal X-Men, and X-Men Red as comparable three lead books, across those main casts you have Synch, Ms Marvel, Storm, and Sunspot, unless I’m forgetting anyone.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Yup. 4 pocs on the 3 main teams (maybe more with the kids, hard to guess with Stegman's work). Not a good look.
    I think Melee in Exceptional (I presume the guy with the spikey bits is Melee) is ambiguously brown (ethnicity unknown, as comic art means he could be anything, even just a white guy with a decent tan), so he probably makes 5. I have no idea what ethnicity the black haired girl is on the same cover though. Seeing as how I'd think Psylocke and Jubilee were white if I didn't know who they were and had to judge by the art alone, we might actually have six, but that remains to be seen.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Nothing that piques my interest so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I don’t see that it’s much different to what we have now? If you take X-Men, Immortal X-Men, and X-Men Red as comparable three lead books, across those main casts you have Synch, Ms Marvel, Storm, and Sunspot, unless I’m forgetting anyone.
    Ah that's true XD
    Immortal especially has been really impressively tonedeaf about that.

Forge in X-Men.
    Not sure I would count Sunspot in X-Men Red, considering how little he appeared.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

The way the purple light hit that one kid’s eye made me think he was The Dreamer

He and Ironcloak should have been on Kate and Emma’s team.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

In terms of structure, this makes me think of the Bendis attitude era. I’m sure the writers will do it differently, but so much of it reminds me of how Bendis’ Uncanny/All-New worked, just now split into three books. Four of the P5, remote location, and Scott’s team did these three roles … Emma and Kitty as the teachers for new/young Mutants, saving Mutants among humans, and acting as outlaw heroes.

If they give everyone the Bendis confidence and do the same amount of fan service (like how teen Jean and Tempus owned Wanda and the Avengers), I could be swayed.

I think that from what I'm seeing he got the best redesign, maybe with Psylocke.
    Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    The problem with that Psylocke design is it looks exactly like one Domino used to wear when she was part of X-Force. Now that's all I think about when I see this version of Psylocke.

Attachment 138335
    I can see the ressemblance, but it looks a bit more to me like Revanche's costume.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    The problem with that Psylocke design is it looks exactly like one Domino used to wear when she was part of X-Force. Now that's all I think about when I see this version of Psylocke.

Attachment 138335
    I can see the ressemblance, but it looks a bit more to me like Revanche's costume.

Was wondering if this is Kwannon or Betts, the Marvel announcement site hotlinks to Kwannon's wiki so I guess that's the correct conclusion.
    I'm seeing reference to the Hand Assassin costume via the leg striping effect created by the straps on her thighs. Stegman has shown us sample of his Psylocke in the past. A strong, smooth inker is going to make a difference.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Red at various points had other POC in the cast. In its first half… Frenzy, Manifold, Thunderbird, and Wiz Kid. And several of the Arakki are definitely meant to be POC. Even if we don’t count the ones with visual mutations like Isca, there’s still Fisher King and his daughters. Also Craig as a supporting character and love interest.

Welcome to the XYZ era…

X-Men
    Yawn
    Zzzz
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Welcome to the XYZ era…

X-Men
    Yawn
    Zzzz
    I'll wake you up when we get to the Pendulum era.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Does anybody know if there are better quality images of the character/costume designs from last Thursday floating around anywhere?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

Was wondering if this is Kwannon or Betts, the Marvel announcement site hotlinks to Kwannon's wiki so I guess that's the correct conclusion.
    I'm seeing reference to the Hand Assassin costume via the leg striping effect created by the straps on her thighs. Stegman has shown us sample of his Psylocke in the past. A strong, smooth inker is going to make a difference.
    Kwannon has black hair. Betsy has lilac hair. This character is inked tp Kwannon's wiki bc its Kwannon

This number is bad regardless, but FWIW, Simone has made clear on Twitter that she intentionally has asked to hold back some of her cast outside of the five advertised so we can meet them in story, so it's not her final cast and might get better.