Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Guaranteed royalties and the slight chance that they end of being a breakout character. Plus it’s probably easier to do a character arc with an OC than with 50-60 year old characters that Marvel won’t let you change in the slightest.
    Royalties? Marvel owns the characters, not the writers. And im sure in 2024, they arent contracting out work to writers that would guarantee them royalties for any new characters created

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I can see people thinking that Jubilee in such a costume seems a bit...off. But Emma? That's kind of her brand - I expect her to be the very last woman in the greater X-universe to cover up, maybe the very last hero in Marvel. Well, a tie between her and Namor.
    It's about on par for how she dressed in X-Terminators.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Gamora and Starlord were doing WHAT in comics before Bendis?
    Jessica Jones and Like Cage before Bendis?
    To nitpick here =)

RR was a cult favorite in the 70’s under Gerber and Mantlo. Then he rose to prominence in Annihilation, Giffen’s big cosmic epic. Then DnA’s Guardians of the galaxy. Which turned into a movie and Bendis version.
    Gamora was Starlins creation and she had a prominent role in his stories. So Infinity Gauntlet and the Infinity trilogy. Also reintroduced in Annihilation->GG.
    Star lord had his ongoing, faded to obscurity and then by Annihilation->GG was reintroduced.

These three were popular, very much so, before Bendis got his hands on them.

Jessica Jones was created by Bendis.

Amazing Member

Regarding the royalties, we all can guess how awful the working condition are in the comic industry for the freelancers creators.
    How many "we are new mutants" stories a franchise can get? Especially since we don't let the other mutants get old as well. We need to read Cyclops as a 35-year old character, a character who got tired of continuously fighting , but who still needs to fight for the good cause. We need to read Pixie, Hellion and Armor as these characters who are in their early 20s and they don't know what they suppose to do with their lives, after their teenage years have been so traumatized. Otherwise how we can invest in new characters?

Right now the appeal of Exceptional X-men are the new faces. I'm a sucker for that as Evolution and Academy X were my gateway into X-men.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-19-2024 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    There were new characters introduced in Jim Lee's X-MEN #1?
    Magneto's Acolytes? Evil Moira v1.0?

Sorry, I meant not including any characters introduced after that period of time. I was just using that issue as a marker. Basically, have the Uncanny team Claremontian.

Spectacular Member

Not feeling the new young mutant characters...they are usually lame. Why not bring back some of the previous ones like surge, hellion, dust etc ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimboBabies View Post
    Not feeling the new young mutant characters...they are usually lame. Why not bring back some of the previous ones like surge, hellion, dust etc ...
    Because the story she wants to tell, cant be done with existing characters

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The X-Men's mission means new mutants will turn up once in a while. It's just the mentorship roles should be taken up by some newer generation characters rather than the old guard as usual.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The X-Men's mission means new mutants will turn up once in a while. It's just the mentorship roles should be taken up by some newer generation characters rather than the old guard as usual.
    I actually dont have a problem with that. Why would the younger generation want to babysit and train the new kids when most of them are still waiting in line for a chance to become main X-men themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I actually dont have a problem with that. Why would the younger generation want to babysit and train the new kids when most of them are still waiting in line for a chance to become main X-men themselves?
    Yeah the problem is the mid-generation characters (New Mutants, X-Force, Gen X) should be bigger players in the main teams. I don't want them being squad leaders or teachers.

Crazy to not see Synch, Monet, Dani Moonstar, and Sunspot all over these main lineups after their successful stints in Krakoa.

Would like to see the characters age up (not Batman Beyond level but just older) so we can see a shift in roles.

I don't really mind new characters as long as they aren't little internet jokes like every character Jason Aaron added.

Quote Originally Posted by shugahfree View Post
    Yeah the problem is the mid-generation characters (New Mutants, X-Force, Gen X) should be bigger players in the main teams. I don't want them being squad leaders or teachers.

Crazy to not see Synch, Monet, Dani Moonstar, and Sunspot all over these main lineups after their successful stints in Krakoa.

Would like to see the characters age up (not Batman Beyond level but just older) so we can see a shift in roles.
    Did Dani have a successful stint? I dont realy think she shined much this era ad the last volume of NM stuck her back in that teaching role

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Did Dani have a successful stint? I dont realy think she shined much this era ad the last volume of NM stuck her back in that teaching role
    Yeah hers is harder to say is a success despite the quantity of issues she appeared in. She starred in one of the longer running Krakoan books and had some sweet moments with Xuan, but was robbed of not being made a Captain Commander or whatever that role was lol

Also crazy she was never up for the X-Men vote!

Quote Originally Posted by shugahfree View Post
    Yeah hers is harder to say is a success despite the quantity of issues she appeared in. She starred in one of the longer running Krakoan books and had some sweet moments with Xuan, but was robbed of not being made a Captain Commander or whatever that role was lol

Also crazy she was never up for the X-Men vote!
    My idea for her which never materalized would have been to add her to the Quiet Council specifically to represent the interests of the younger mutants on the island. They didnt have a voice (I guess not until Hope) and Dani would have been perfect for it