Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

I'm curious if the other books will be staggered like the core books (which is weird to me).

Heir of Apocalypse is double shipping July I believe, so there would be that and Uncanny. I think there are other blood hunts and Wolverine & Deadpool as well. But all of those other than Uncanny should be ending in July which means just X-Men for what's been announced as of now in August.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I'm curious if the other books will be staggered like the core books (which is weird to me).

Heir of Apocalypse is double shipping July I believe, so there would be that and Uncanny. I think there are other blood hunts and Wolverine & Deadpool as well. But all of those other than Uncanny should be ending in July which means just X-Men for what's been announced as of now in August.
    I'm curious too, as staggering them would mean very few books in the first months of the relaunch.
    I'm not sure the new books are getting enough buzz to make up for the drastic decrease in launches if that is true.

And if NYX really is Kamala, then it can start at any time after Mutant Menace finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    The Corps is a different concept than the Nova Corps or Green Lantern Corps, bc the concept is that there is inherently one per reality.
    That's odd, because Captain Britain's mythology is that there's two possible power sources for him. An amulet and a sword. So surely Brian can have the amulet, Betsy can have the sword, and both can be Captain Britain?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Could Marvel really swing Tom Taylor back? I mean, it'd be cool to have Bobby as leader but I'm pretty skeptical of Taylor writing a good team book.
    You know he's currently writing Titans, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    That list sounds made-up and I don't know why Mercury thinks it's genuine.

Gail Simone already said Phoenix is a solo book and Tom Taylor is DC exclusive.
    Is he though? He's about to leave Nightwing. Is his deal expiring? I know he went exclusive during his COVID-delayed Dark Ages series, which was cancelled as a result. It could've been a three year deal that just ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Also some more points where the whole thing falls apart: 1) the creative team for Storm has already been chosen by now, they just haven’t been announced yet and 2) the NYX stuff with Iman Vellani. Sure she’ll probably be writing Kamala in whatever form that takes but they’re not going to shift focus onto Laura when Vellani starts filming another MCU project. That makes no sense.
    Yeah... it makes more sense for Gabby to be the one with the B-plot than Laura. If the other rumours are true Laura would seem to be spoken for by X-Force. Gabby would be an excuse for her to guest in a filler arc but I don't see Laura being a regular if she's on another team.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-21-2024 at 06:57 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm curious too, as staggering them would mean very few books in the first months of the relaunch.
    I'm not sure the new books are getting enough buzz to make up for the drastic decrease in launches if that is true.
    Yeah, staggering the core books feels like an attempt to extend the hype rather than load it all up at the very front of the relaunch.
    I don't think they're getting enough buzz either, but I wonder if that's why Krakoa is ending in May with the epilogue/transition issue in June so that late May and June can be when they build hype right before the relaunch. The books are also releasing in order of how I think the hype is too. Uncanny first (biggest hype, least books) then X-Men (middle hype, some books) and finally Exceptional (least hype, all books).

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Yeah, staggering the core books feels like an attempt to extend the hype rather than load it all up at the very front of the relaunch.
    I don't think they're getting enough buzz either, but I wonder if that's why Krakoa is ending in May with the epilogue/transition issue in June so that late May and June can be when they build hype right before the relaunch. The books are also releasing in order of how I think the hype is too. Uncanny first (biggest hype, least books) then X-Men (middle hype, some books) and finally Exceptional (least hype, all books).
    X-Men is coming in July, Uncanny in August. But I agree with you that it should be the other way around.

I think that Uncanny will outsell X-Men and the main idea for X books to be #1 seller for July and August. Also, with August is even bigger #1 then July will make a continuing effect of rise of X sales instead of continuing decrease after launching the most hyped book first.

Or maybe Jed`s X-Men #1 works better as starting point of relaunch even that Uncanny has intro story in FCBD.
    Do we know if FCBD Jubs story is a separate small story or part of Uncanny #1 like FCBD X story ended up a part of X 0f Swords?

I think Exceptional will be the hardest to sell, but I wish good luck to all of them and I hope all books will be successful.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 03-21-2024 at 07:42 AM.

I Hope we get back to Krakoa in 2025 or 2026... (FOREVER) (Well, almost 5 years more)

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    X-Men is coming in July, Uncanny in August. But I agree with you that it should be the other way around.
    Same. Uncanny will likely be the top seller... until Greg Capullo's Wolverine book launches, that is. I'm betting that outsells everything else in the line, maybe everything else at Marvel. But that's assuming he's still as a big a draw as I think he'll be on a mainstream Marvel book again. Guess we'll see...
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Same. Uncanny will likely be the top seller... until Greg Capullo's Wolverine book launches, that is. I'm betting that outsells everything else in the line, maybe everything else at Marvel. But that's assuming he's still as a big a draw as I think he'll be on a mainstream Marvel book again. Guess we'll see...
    If it launches same month as uncanny, it depends on who's writing wolverine. They might drop wolverine with exceptional x-men

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I just don’t understand the point of commissioning an artist to design a new costume and choosing one that’s almost identical to an already existing costume. Seems a waste of money and talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I just don’t understand the point of commissioning an artist to design a new costume and choosing one that’s almost identical to an already existing costume. Seems a waste of money and talent.
    I would not be surprised if Marvel mandated synergy with the new show but told the artists to modernize the looks instead of straight adaptations. Beyond that by and large most of Gambit's looks draw heavy inspiration from his original look. He looks off model when they try to deviate too much from it

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I would not be surprised if Marvel mandated synergy with the new show but told the artists to modernize the looks instead of straight adaptations. Beyond that by and large most of Gambit's looks draw heavy inspiration from his original look. He looks off model when they try to deviate too much from it
    Most costume updates basically just riff on an older design.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That's arguably because he is one of those characters who managed to have a defacto "look" like that. A design and combination of colors that burned itself into the popular perception of the character.

What's impressive in that regard is that the only other X-men to pull that off with their first appearance are, if memory serves, Wolverine and Nightcrawler. Everyone else either had to go through at least one outfit before finding their most popular version or is still constantly changing, even if they managed to have managed to have one popular example.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Most costume updates basically just riff on an older design.
    That aswell.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    That's arguably because he is one of those characters who managed to have a defacto "look" like that. A design and combination of colors that burned itself into the popular perception of the character.

What's impressive in that regard is that the only other X-men to pull that off with their first appearance are, if memory serves, Wolverine and Nightcrawler. Everyone else either had to go through at least one outfit before finding their most popular version or is still constantly changing, even if they managed to have managed to have one popular example.

That aswell.
    Colossus and Banshee as well; all of their costumes are pretty much their first one with few tweaks here and there. Deadpool was on x-teams, so if he counts, then he as well have the same costume from his first appearance. Cable sort of as well. And Iceman's default "costume" is instead his full-body snow/ice form. Any time he is given a costume it is quickly abandoned and he is again just an ice statue. Oh, and almost all New Mutants always return to their original training uniforms with Magik probably the only exception as her Bachalo's design seems to have managed to become her most iconic and default look.
    Last edited by Harasar; 03-21-2024 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Colossus and Banshee as well; all of their costumes are pretty much their first one with few tweaks here and there. Deadpool was on x-teams, so if he counts, then he as well have the same costume from his first appearance. Cable sort of as well. And Iceman's default "costume" is instead his full-body snow/ice form. Any time he is given a costume it is quickly abandoned and he is again just an ice statue. Oh, and almost all New Mutants always return to their original training uniforms with Magik probably the only exception as her Bachalo's design seems to have managed to become her most iconic and default look.
    Grunty said their first appearance though so Im not sure alot of these would count.

I wouldnt count Cable. He's had such a wide variety of costumes that I dont feel his default standard is a variation of his original.

I dont think the New Mutants would count as training suits are generic suits used for a bunch of characters and not specific to them.