Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Gambit's costume looks so good in those black/white stills

Astonishing Member

Lol Pokemon.

Wolverine is Pikachu.

Marquez is great. I’m ambivalent regarding the 18 issues a year news because it means there will be tons of fill-in artists and Marvel (and DC) haven’t been great at picking artists with similar quality and style to the lead artists.
    So we’ll probably get like 5 issues of gorgeous art by Marquez and then constant fillers.
    I think the last time the X-books had consistent alternating art teams was when Greg Land and Terry Dodson were drawing Fraction’s UXM (consistent as in regular, because we did have to suffer through Greg Land’s terrible tracing) while Clayton Crain and Mike Choi alternated on X-force.
    Now we typically have one “lead” artists and several inconsistent fill-ins of different styles, so we never know what we’ll get.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Marquez is great. I’m ambivalent regarding the 18 issues a year news because it means there will be tons of fill-in artists and Marvel (and DC) haven’t been great at picking artists with similar quality and style to the lead artists.
    So we’ll probably get like 5 issues of gorgeous art by Marquez and then constant fillers.
    I think the last time the X-books had consistent alternating art teams was when Greg Land and Terry Dodson were drawing Fraction’s UXM (consistent as in regular, because we did have to suffer through Greg Land’s terrible tracing) while Clayton Crain and Mike Choi alternated on X-force.
    Now we typically have one “lead” artists and several inconsistent fill-ins of different styles, so we never know what we’ll get.
    I think it would be good to have a couple of regular artists alternating with Marquez and Stegman, especially since they're doing 18 issues from the very start, rather than a multitude of people rotating, so as to bring some consistency to the artwork. I had already cast my vote for Nicola Scott to alternate with Marquez on Uncanny and I'll double down on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    18 issues? Where was that revealed? Its reminding me of the Gold/Blue era before Krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    18 issues? Where was that revealed? Its reminding me of the Gold/Blue era before Krakoa
    https://www.thepopverse.com/x-men-un...-issues-a-year

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Awesome!
    So
    July
    X-Men 1

August
    X-Men 2 and 3
    UXM 1

September
    X-Men 4
    UXM 2 and 3

October
    X-Men 5 and 6
    UXM 4

November
    X-Men 7
    UXM 5 and 6

December
    X-Men 8 and 9
    UXM 7

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

18 issues? Oh boy, get ready for lots of guest artists. I really don't believe they can churn out 18 books in a year and have them all be of the same quality, unless they started producing the books in January of 2024. I'll believe this when I see it, but going to keep my expectations very low.

In Jed Mackay and Ryan Stegman's 'X-Men,' Cyclops Reignites Mutant Revolution
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-cover-details

The fall of Krakoa will go down as one of the darkest chapters in mutant history, but Cyclops refuses to allow the X-Men to be victims.

The first X-Man, mutantkind’s ultimate leader, and arguably the most brilliant strategic mind in the entire Marvel Universe, Scott Summers steps up to guide his species towards a better future in Jed MacKay and Ryan Stegman’s X-MEN. Announced last month, X-MEN will be the first of three flagship X-titles set in the upcoming From the Ashes era.

No longer living under the protection of Krakoa, it’s a dangerous time for mutants everywhere, and dangerous times call for radical action! Cyclops gathers a group of his most trusted and reliable mutant soldiers along with the brightest of the next generation to tackle the most prevalent threats to mutantkind, including an existential new enemy that rises out of the remains of Orchis. Prepare for a reckoning as this team handles explosive mutant-specific issues without restraint. Humanity can hate them all they want, as long as they fear them!

FROM THE ASHES! Krakoa is gone, Orchis has fallen... but the X-Men remain, always. Cyclops leads, because that is what he does. Beast builds, because that is what he does. And from their new home in Alaska, the X-Men raise a flag of defiance. Mutant business is their business. Join Cyclops, Beast, Magneto, Psylocke, Magik, Kid Omega, Temper, and Juggernaut as new forces in the world move into position, battling for the destiny and philosophy of the mutant species.

"Taking on the X-Men is always a daunting prospect, but I'm extremely psyched to take this team of mutants back into the world with Ryan!" MacKay said.

"When I first got into comics, drawing X-Men was THE job you wanted as an artist," Stegman added. "To have the opportunity now is mind-blowing."

With three flagship titles and a host of additional satellite series, the upcoming From the Ashes era will present fans with a wide range of different approaches to the X-Men’s mission statement. Gail Simone and David Marquez’s UNCANNY X-MEN delivers globetrotting super hero adventures as the X-Men show the world all the good mutantkind can accomplish. Eve L. Ewing and Carmen Carnero’s EXCEPTIONAL X-MEN focuses on the trials and training young mutants need to undergo to survive in a world against them. Meanwhile, MacKay and Stegman’s X-MEN sees mutantkind flex their strength and keep hope alive by any means necessary!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I like this cover better than the other. Nice that they finally took the time to differentiate each X-men team's mission statement.
    This feels very much like the Extinction team. Uncanny will be the more heroic one it seems.

This team and mission feels like Cyclops former teams and missions pre-Utopia, pre-Krakao.

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    This team and mission feels like Cyclops former teams and missions pre-Utopia, pre-Krakao.
    I presume you meant post-Utopia, pre-Krakoa? The autowronger strikes us all eventually.

It does remind me a lot of the Extinction team, or his Revolutionary team post Phoenix possession (I don't want to type even the abbreviation for that horrible crossover event).
    Dark does not mean deep.

If Quentin is considered "the brightest of the next generation," then there is no hope for the future
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I'm going to put back my message that I had on the art tease thread:

definitely no for Stegman's art, I'm really not a fan, and the cover with the team protecting a mutant, it's still the revolutionary Cyclops that we've already seen 1000 times, notably under Bendis, the synopsis is déjà vu over and over again that for me it's just absurd to see Cyclops and his team playing the rebel again all this to change his mind and become a hero again until the next genocide where Cyclops will become a revolutionary again.

Speaking of genocide, we already have a group of generic anti-genocidal mutant numbers 7856 who will take Orchis' place... I suppose it's them who transform the school into a prison.

I wasn't expecting anything for the future of X-Men since the announcement of Brevoort as publisher but the synposis of terragene, m-day etcetera)

“The first X-Man, ultimate leader of mutantkind and arguably the most brilliant strategic mind in the entire Marvel Universe, Scott Summers steps in to guide his species to a better future in Jed MacKay and Ryan Stegman's X-MEN”

What could be better than having your own nation and a mutant planet?

and uncanny x-men will be the team of mutants under stockholm syndrome who will continue to protect "those who fear them" and who destroyed their nations to show that they are "good muties" and will be thanked by a genocide again, lord gods...

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    In Jed Mackay and Ryan Stegman's 'X-Men,' Cyclops Reignites Mutant Revolution
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-cover-details

The fall of Krakoa will go down as one of the darkest chapters in mutant history, but Cyclops refuses to allow the X-Men to be victims.

The first X-Man, mutantkind’s ultimate leader, and arguably the most brilliant strategic mind in the entire Marvel Universe, Scott Summers steps up to guide his species towards a better future in Jed MacKay and Ryan Stegman’s X-MEN. Announced last month, X-MEN will be the first of three flagship X-titles set in the upcoming From the Ashes era.

No longer living under the protection of Krakoa, it’s a dangerous time for mutants everywhere, and dangerous times call for radical action! Cyclops gathers a group of his most trusted and reliable mutant soldiers along with the brightest of the next generation to tackle the most prevalent threats to mutantkind, including an existential new enemy that rises out of the remains of Orchis. Prepare for a reckoning as this team handles explosive mutant-specific issues without restraint. Humanity can hate them all they want, as long as they fear them!

FROM THE ASHES! Krakoa is gone, Orchis has fallen... but the X-Men remain, always. Cyclops leads, because that is what he does. Beast builds, because that is what he does. And from their new home in Alaska, the X-Men raise a flag of defiance. Mutant business is their business. Join Cyclops, Beast, Magneto, Psylocke, Magik, Kid Omega, Temper, and Juggernaut as new forces in the world move into position, battling for the destiny and philosophy of the mutant species.

"Taking on the X-Men is always a daunting prospect, but I'm extremely psyched to take this team of mutants back into the world with Ryan!" MacKay said.

"When I first got into comics, drawing X-Men was THE job you wanted as an artist," Stegman added. "To have the opportunity now is mind-blowing."

With three flagship titles and a host of additional satellite series, the upcoming From the Ashes era will present fans with a wide range of different approaches to the X-Men’s mission statement. Gail Simone and David Marquez’s UNCANNY X-MEN delivers globetrotting super hero adventures as the X-Men show the world all the good mutantkind can accomplish. Eve L. Ewing and Carmen Carnero’s EXCEPTIONAL X-MEN focuses on the trials and training young mutants need to undergo to survive in a world against them. Meanwhile, MacKay and Stegman’s X-MEN sees mutantkind flex their strength and keep hope alive by any means necessary!
    This synopsis is a bold faced lie

Cyclops has never been friends or trusted Quire and Idie. I dunno about Kwannon and Caine though.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.