Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who in their right mind would make Deadpool leader of X-Force? Wouldn't it just turn it into a parody?
    My guess would be no one makes him leader. He just reforms X-Force on his own for some mission, and as folks keep joining up they become a team. Or something like that. Maybe Deadpool, Mystique, Logan, Laura… who knows who else? Hilarity and blood and guts ensue from there…
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Here are some rumors from @XNewsMediaGroup, who seems sweet and genuine, on Twitter. Let’s have fun with the rumors!

I’ll call bull on Tom Taylor, he’s still DC exclusive. Interestingly Jackson Lanzing was asked on Twitter what his dream X-lineup would be and he responded with “hmmmmmmmm” and Michael Conrad (Batgirls) also got involved in the thread.

Added this to my original post, too.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Thy're doing to make real that stupid ship with illyana and her sister Katya, aren't they?
    There is a vocal minority that really wants to see Kitty bang the younger sister of her ex-lover as well as the kid she used to babysit and who she was stated on-panel to have motherly feelings towards.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Thy're doing to make real that stupid ship with illyana and her sister Katya, aren't they?
    Oh shoot, I was trying to think of which character would make sense with Kitty and completely forgot Illyana was in the cast. Oh wow, can't believe they are going for it if true.

Also no Uncanny rumors? ;( sorry gail From those, X-Factor has my attention but surprised I'm not seeing Mystique anywhere here.

I think the obvious longtime coming same sex pairing is Kitty and Magik, no?

Also, I really hope Deadpool is not the leader of X-Force.
    A picture would last longer darling...

That list sounds made-up and I don't know why Mercury thinks it's genuine.

Gail Simone already said Phoenix is a solo book and Tom Taylor is DC exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    The Corps is a different concept than the Nova Corps or Green Lantern Corps, bc the concept is that there is inherently one per reality.
    thats how it was presented but there's no reason why they couldnt flip that on its head and make the twins be an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Not really.
    Okay, with nothing to back up the contratary. Okie dokie

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

The Jean Grey solo series was a solo book but it still very much dealt with the other Phoenix hosts are recurring characters/guests. This sounds similar to that
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-17-2024 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

I said the poster who shared this seems genuine, and they’ve only shared what a source they trust has shared with them. And I posted it for fun and to encourage discourse and speculation. Not everything pertaining the X-Men has to be dire and dour. Lastly, a solo book can and usually does have supporting characters.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I said the poster who shared this seems genuine, and they’ve only shared what a source they trust has shared with them. And I posted it for fun and to encourage discourse and speculation. Not everything pertaining the X-Men has to be dire and dour. Lastly, a solo book can and usually does have supporting characters.
    Their source is probably just doing the same thing Bishop66 does in here let’s be real. Taking stuff we know and extrapolating further and adding some wishful thinking. The Tom Taylor bit is where the whole thing falls apart. As I mentioned, he’s exclusive to DC and on top of that, if he wasn’t and came back to Marvel, why isn’t he writing one of the flagships? He’s a big enough name that he would be writing one of the three if he were involved.

Also some more points where the whole thing falls apart: 1) the creative team for Storm has already been chosen by now, they just haven’t been announced yet and 2) the NYX stuff with Iman Vellani. Sure she’ll probably be writing Kamala in whatever form that takes but they’re not going to shift focus onto Laura when Vellani starts filming another MCU project. That makes no sense.

Speculating's part of the fun of the boards.

I'd love to see it actually be Kate and Illyana but I don't trust it. I don't see a way in which the two teams interact with the info we've been given so far. Yeah Kate's team has newer X-kids but it doesn't feel like a school at this point. Maybe if it changes later to an actual school and the adjectiveless team begins dropping the younger mutants off there it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    Their source is probably just doing the same thing Bishop66 does in here let’s be real. Taking stuff we know and extrapolating further and adding some wishful thinking. The Tom Taylor bit is where the whole thing falls apart. As I mentioned, he’s exclusive to DC and on top of that, if he wasn’t and came back to Marvel, why isn’t he writing one of the flagships? He’s a big enough name that he would be writing one of the three if he were involved.

Also some more points where the whole thing falls apart: 1) the creative team for Storm has already been chosen by now, they just haven’t been announced yet and 2) the NYX stuff with Iman Vellani. Sure she’ll probably be writing Kamala in whatever form that takes but they’re not going to shift focus onto Laura when Vellani starts filming another MCU project. That makes no sense.
    That's when I stopped paying attention to the account, when they said the X-Office is still looking for writers for some of the newly announced titles. The industry doesn't work that way. They recently posted, "We deleted some of our older scoops that were either no longer relevant and/or found out to be false. We try not to spread misinformation on this account the best we can. For anyone who saw those posts and got worried about the state of affairs, know that the X-Men offices have it all sorted out, and the ship is sailing smoothly." I'm glad they did this as a reminder to take things with a grain of salt.

Still that won't stop some fans from reading some rumors as gospel and screeching at the creators about them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Amazing Member

The Storm part better be fake, especially the bit about Arakko getting dissolved. And running for Congress so mutants have representation? What a fucking downgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Karthak View Post
    The Storm part better be fake, especially the bit about Arakko getting dissolved. And running for Congress so mutants have representation? What a fucking downgrade.
    IKR? That sounds like such a boring concept for an ongoing. Its more of a subplot in another book

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    i call bull on that. im sure the Brian fans would rather than then the current alternative which is to not have him in the role at all. The fact is Marvel hasnt tried that set up to even know people wouldnt accept it
    Wouldn't happen because...

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    The Corps is a different concept than the Nova Corps or Green Lantern Corps, bc the concept is that there is inherently one per reality.
    Marvel spent decades training their audience to think of DC as the "Distinguished Competition", which is a nice way of calling them dorks. you can't expect them to follow along when the powers that be wakes up one day and decides that Modern Marvel will now become Pre-Crises DC.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest