Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

No Betsy on the core titles again? Not surprising, but disappointing.

Fantastic Member

Any predictions for X-factor and X-force cast?

Factor: Iceman, Angel, Polaris, Havok, Siryn

Force: Cable, Warpath, Domino, Dani Moonstar, Mystique

Incredible Member

This is underwhelming I can’t lie and I generally try to stay positive about stuff like this. Characters like Sunspot, Polaris, and Synch really took a step forward past few years. It would suck if they get shelved and that progress forgotten. I’m hoping they will be in the other books like X-Force or X-Factor. So far I’m not excited by what’s been announced so far. I am a fan of Gail Simone and trust her writing.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    This feels like an enormous step backwards and it's worse than I thought.
    I couldn't agree more. This is regression.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    I couldn't agree more. This is regression.
    hard agree. this just seems like a spin your wheels in the mud run. nothing about this seems exciting and they're just waiting for a big name down the road with mcu synergy

i feel like simone hasn't written anything really good/interesting since secret 6 and that was what? like 15 years ago? ewing did ironheart, so that doesn't spell quality to me and mackay could be good but stegman's art never seemed like a good fit for anything x-related

mega pass on this. still can't stress enough how editorial screwed up the entire era when you had hickman gold for the first year

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I've been meaning to get back into X-Men especially since Krakoa got a bit overwhelming so I'm hoping I can follow up on this.

I'll go with X-Men and Uncanny, I like the characters in those teams.

Fantastic Member

I'm wondering if Sentinels turns out to be X-Force. Alex Paknadel seems like he would be a good fit for that kind of book. And maybe Mystique is either X-Factor (because she was a member) or NYX (since she has spent a lot of time there in Uncanny Spider-Man). Watch me be totally wrong.

Mighty Member

I know people either loved Krakoa era or hated it, but I don’t know what this is.. this announcement just feels like they’re Avenger books. There’s just something about Avengers titles that poor the hell out of me when I look at them. Regressing the title to their old look is uninspired. If Krakoa was alt world maxi series like AoA, that would be one thing, but getting rid of most of what happened (we really don’t know what’s staying, what’s being written out, the fallout etc..) is just bleh. Like disassembled era where it was insane nonsense at the end for kind of like “lol jk, why have a whole nation now”. I really need to see how the ending of FoX ends and sets up this status quo.

No mansion. No island. I hope there are still some hold overs of the last 5 years or what was the point?

I was expecting a lot more buzz around the announcements, but it really looks like most are unimpressed.
    I’m hoping the other books are a big more exciting and that more fan favorites get to shine.
    Crossing my fingers that Betsy, Synch, Monet, Polaris, Banshee, Sunfire and at least of some of the NXM get recurring roles somewhere…

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    It ain't the Outback without Maddy, throw in Bishop and Warren and take my money please. That book excites me way more than anything announced so far.
    I was actually going to edit to include Maddy and Warren.

M and Siryn too.

Great minds and all that ��

Don’t suppose there’s enough money in the world to get Brian K. Vaughan to write it?
    Last edited by JJS; 03-14-2024 at 08:07 PM.

Marvel's next big mutant

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Awesome! I'm so glad the BC rumors were not all true and that we are getting more team titles. I like the addition of Jubilee to Gails team. So it isn't simply X-Men , Gails team but uncanny! I can't say that I like all the costumes but if the writings good that's the most important. I'm glad Kurts original costume has gotten tweaked. I'm glad he is going to use his rapier again.
    Agree. I need to know about X-Force and Wolverine next.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

This could be nothing but I noticed that almost all of the characters revealed to be on rosters so far are all currently outside of the White Hot Room. Jubilee is the only one that's in there. Makes me wonder if the mutants that are stuck in there will continue to be and that's part of Phoenix's book.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Wondering where Firestar, Synch, Polaris, Sunfire, The New Mutants, Frenzy, Dazzler, Northstar, and Aurora will end up if anywhere.

Also hoping Changeling, Petra, and Sway will be brought back before FoX concludes.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume