Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by x-mind View Post
    Regarding the royalties, we all can guess how awful the working condition are in the comic industry for the freelancers creators.
    How many "we are new mutants" stories a franchise can get? Especially since we don't let the other mutants get old as well. We need to read Cyclops as a 35-year old character, a character who got tired of continuously fighting , but who still needs to fight for the good cause. We need to read Pixie, Hellion and Armor as these characters who are in their early 20s and they don't know what they suppose to do with their lives, after their teenage years have been so traumatized. Otherwise how we can invest in new characters?
    A 2-3 timeskip might help but the big two are cyclical in nature. Eventually they would revert back or slow down so progress would be slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    My idea for her which never materalized would have been to add her to the Quiet Council specifically to represent the interests of the younger mutants on the island. They didnt have a voice (I guess not until Hope) and Dani would have been perfect for it
    100% agree with this I really thought they were going there and then Gillen took over.

Fantastic Member

I wouldn’t be sitting around waiting for royalties or credits on those new exceptional x-men characters. They are the most generic looking I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by x-mind View Post
    it will never make sense to me why the (mostly inexperienced) writers prefer to create new characters in their flagship title, than using already established ones. Especially since we know that after this run, these new characters will get to background limbo as well.
    Also Bronze, Axo, and Melee? Couldn't they be more creative with their codenames?
    Kind of hard to tell stories about brand new characters learning to get with the whole hated and feared thing if you’ve been a Xavier student for 20 years. This is a thing with the XMen, a part of their journey is as teachers and you need fresh faces for each generation. It’s always been that way and will continue to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Kind of hard to tell stories about brand new characters learning to get with the whole hated and feared thing if you’ve been a Xavier student for 20 years. This is a thing with the XMen, a part of their journey is as teachers and you need fresh faces for each generation. It’s always been that way and will continue to be that way.
    And from what it seems, one student from each generation sticks around and the rest become wallpaper. Sadly, from the New X-Men, it's Quite. From the Lights, it's Oya. From the group before those, it's Laura. The rest appear if a writer really wants to write one of them, but rarely more than that.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And from what it seems, one student from each generation sticks around and the rest become wallpaper. Sadly, from the New X-Men, it's Quite. From the Lights, it's Oya. From the group before those, it's Laura. The rest appear if a writer really wants to write one of them, but rarely more than that.
    I mean Id count Hope too. And Laura and Quire come from the same generation, so I wouldnt count her as being before

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Problem is that every character that came after Academy X suck so bad and are very one dimensional. It's very hard to be invested with such boring characters that will soon be replaced as soon as their creator leaves. Also the X-men story as teachers would work if they were actually good at that and since the original New Mutants they have been a complete and utter failure as teachers.

Over the past decade and a half, I've come to realize the X-Men franchise has exactly two modes, school and island. Everything is on a spectrum between those two specific concepts. The only variation is if the school is actually called a school, if the island is a literal island or one in concept, etc.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Problem is that every character that came after Academy X suck so bad and are very one dimensional. It's very hard to be invested with such boring characters that will soon be replaced as soon as their creator leaves. Also the X-men story as teachers would work if they were actually good at that and since the original New Mutants they have been a complete and utter failure as teachers.
    I think the females from Generation Hope (Hope, Idie, Transonic) as well as Kenji were all interesting. From Bendis' lineup, I liked Tempus and Goldsball was fun (made even more relevant in the current era). It was the Wolverine and the X-men creations that were largely huge misses for me

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Over the past decade and a half, I've come to realize the X-Men franchise has exactly two modes, school and island. Everything is on a spectrum between those two specific concepts. The only variation is if the school is actually called a school, if the island is a literal island or one in concept, etc.
    Sounds like we are working our way up to the ultimate version: School Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Sounds like we are working our way up to the ultimate version: School Island.
    Thats what New Mutants was under Vita Ayala

I still wish we got that Harry Potter magic school teased in New Mutants. I know it'd make things convoluted and be immediately tossed aside someone stopped writing it, but it could have been really cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I still wish we got that Harry Potter magic school teased in New Mutants. I know it'd make things convoluted and be immediately tossed aside someone stopped writing it, but it could have been really cool.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Latve...ce_(Earth-616)

I think the females from Generation Hope (Hope, Idie, Transonic) as well as Kenji were all interesting. From Bendis' lineup, I liked Tempus and Goldsball was fun (made even more relevant in the current era). It was the Wolverine and the X-men creations that were largely huge misses for me
    All of the gen hope kids were kinda interesting, except maybe Velocidad.

I mean Id count Hope too. And Laura and Quire come from the same generation, so I wouldnt count her as being before
    Hope was leading the team and despite being a teenager, wasn't exactly a newbie to being a mutant. I knew Quentin and Laura came from close to the same time, but I didn't think they were part of the same crew. Maybe it's just the Morrison is so weird at times I mentally separate any of his stuff from the rest of the line, no matter if he is in DC or Marvel at the time.
    Dark does not mean deep.