Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    I’m going to write this here what I just wrote on the Cyclops thread because it blew my mind. What if the reason they are drawing Cyclops younger is because he is killed in this awful storyline and when Jean resurrects( if she does) everyone who has gone…she has to pull a younger Cyclops from…bendis stoyline?….that fits into the present?
    That way Jean can go off and roam the stars without being tied down with someone?
    I agree it’s a possibility. I’ve mentioned Tyke multiple times in these threads recently.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member

If characters are being resurrected from their pre-Krakoa incarnations it would explain why Magik is regressing to her old stripper costume and losing her magical girl transformation costume.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    If characters are being resurrected from their pre-Krakoa incarnations it would explain why Magik is regressing to her old stripper costume and losing her magical girl transformation costume.
    that sounds way too messy. I dont think thats happening at all.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    *Sob* I was naive to think we were escaping the worst x-costume and find a way to lend her some growth...

Spectacular Member Galen Nycroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    looks like marvel had a bunch of layoffs today which might explain why we have such c and d list talent on the x-books. kinds weird it went from talking with the likes of remender and jim lee and supposedly some other high end talent to what we ve been given so far
    I don't think this applied to comics creative teams. In terms of lesser talent, that is 100% subjective. Personally, I don't think Marvel can afford top talent anymore because the comics division is so strapped for cash. Even if it could afford top talents, the X-Men brand has become somewhat radioactive due to corporate and editorial flipping it from a men and boys brand, to a mostly female and queer/LGBTQIA+ brand.

I've heard the rumors about talents like Remender being considered, but again, I doubt Marvel can afford someone of this caliber, and he probably doesn't even want to go near the brand in its current state. The only ones who will touch the brand are the talent we currently have lined up for the relaunch, which is not terrible, with a few exceptions (Kelly and Lanzing, Stephanie Phillips...what is Marvel thinking?!). Gail Simone is pretty respected in the comics community, Geoff Thorne is a decent writer that doesn't do the typical things with characters, Jed MacKay is competent most of the time but can't really write female characters well though, Eve Ewing is hit or miss...she makes "gurl books", meaning her books always tend to feminize or minimize male characters to uplift or showcase female ones.

I remain cautiously optimistic and will give most of the relaunch books a shot. It is going to take a lot to win fans back to the X-Men comics and brand. The animated series reboot can't do all the heavy lifting.

Jed Mackay confirms Glob Herman and Xorn are in his book.

Field team: Cyclops, Psylocke, Magik, Juggernaut, Oya and Kid Omega.
    Back at base: Beast, Magneto, Glob, Xorn (team's healer).

Other mutants might be seen hanging around the factory in Alaska.

https://comicsxf.com/2024/04/23/tcxfip-300-jed-mackay/

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

It's nice to see the Avengers won't be the bad guys for the foreseeable future .

Though Cyke being Mackay's choice gives strong "main character and his supporting cast team members" vibes.

I'm now having even more reservations about Beast being on MacKay's X-Men after reading this on reddit:

1) He says that his X-Men book will be a different spin on what a team book is. Doesn't specify what that means.

2) He asked for Cyclops specifically.

3) All the members of his X-Men team have not been shown yet. Cyclops, Magik, Juggernaut, Psylock, Idie and Kid Omega are the away team. But the home team who run the base will be Beast, Magneto who is the "spiritual leader" Xorn who is the team healer and Glob Herman who just kind of hangs out. He also says other X-Men members will pop up from time to time.

4) Jed says that as of right now his X-Men and the Avengers are on relatively good terms. He says he's sick of the Avengers being The Man with their boot on the necks of other heroes. He points to the first issue of his Avengers run where Carol say's "we are not cops". If he did have them come to blows, it would have to be a really good reason and a really good story before he would consider it.

So, instead of being out punching bad guys like I hoped, Beast gets ANOTHER desk job where he sits at the base like during X-Force.
    5) He says there is an unannounced X-title that he has read the script of and it's phenomenal
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I'm now having even more reservations about Beast being on MacKay's X-Men after reading this on reddit:

1) He says that his X-Men book will be a different spin on what a team book is. Doesn't specify what that means.

2) He asked for Cyclops specifically.

3) All the members of his X-Men team have not been shown yet. Cyclops, Magik, Juggernaut, Psylock, Idie and Kid Omega are the away team. But the home team who run the base will be Beast, Magneto who is the "spiritual leader" Xorn who is the team healer and Glob Herman who just kind of hangs out. He also says other X-Men members will pop up from time to time.

4) Jed says that as of right now his X-Men and the Avengers are on relatively good terms. He says he's sick of the Avengers being The Man with their boot on the necks of other heroes. He points to the first issue of his Avengers run where Carol say's "we are not cops". If he did have them come to blows, it would have to be a really good reason and a really good story before he would consider it.

So, instead of being out punching bad guys like I hoped, Beast gets ANOTHER desk job where he sits at the base like during X-Force.
    5) He says there is an unannounced X-title that he has read the script of and it's phenomenal
    Wow, more reasons to avoid that book. My only hopes for the main books now rely on Uncanny.

Fantastic Member

so a few thoughts jed mckay book will be good hes one writer that i know does his homework when writing characters.....uncanny x-men is going to sell people on these boards may not think so but that name still has quite a bit of cache attached to it regardless of the writer. i generally like gail simone.....no spoilers but the free comic book issues are out there and the x-men one is just not good not good at all very dated like we expected. as for exceptional just reread ewing 10 issue black panther run and wow was it bad honestly 6 issues max for that book. really wished there was some better talent on these books dont even get me started on x-force and phoenix no chance either makes double digits its a shame wish fox still was in the x-world been very impressed with him and there free comic book ultimate story by CAmp was really really good wish he was on x-force

Spectacular Member

Sounds great, finally a writer who actually likes Cyclops, it’s been a while since the last one (probably Bendis).

Jed MacKay is a really good writer, his Moon Knight run is one of the best Marvel ongoings, easily better than any X-Men book of the Krakoa era, if his X-Men run is anywhere near as good as that, it’s gonna be really good.

Amazing Member

When did the FCBD issues drop?

Xorn (I hope he'll get development) and the Great Glob are making the line-up way better.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Water Spire View Post
    When did the FCBD issues drop?
    They are not released yet, not until FCBD. The books are printed well in advance so there will be people who have read them and possibly leak stuff that happens.

Glob Herman? Jesus.
    I usually like McKay but it’s starting to feel like we don’t have similar tastes in X-characters.
    I could get past Quentin, but Glob is an instant turn-off.
    At least Xorn has a bit more potential I guess.