Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

It will be fun to get Xorn back on a team.

And there's no stopping Glob Herman. Being created by Grant Morrison, his absolutely bonkers visual and instant recognition status give him staying power.
    Last edited by Uncanny X-Man; 04-23-2024 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    It will be fun to get Xorn back on a team.

And there's no stopping Glob Herman. Being created by Grant Morrison, his absolutely bonkers visual and instant recognition status give him staying power.
    I like most of Morrison’s creations (or at least their take on them - Quentin became a completely different through Aaron and Percy).
    But I’ll always associate Glob with the mediocrity of Brisson’s X-runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Jed Mackay confirms Glob Herman and Xorn are in his book.

Field team: Cyclops, Psylocke, Magik, Juggernaut, Oya and Kid Omega.
    Back at base: Beast, Magneto, Glob, Xorn (team's healer).

Other mutants might be seen hanging around the factory in Alaska.

https://comicsxf.com/2024/04/23/tcxfip-300-jed-mackay/
    They're really bringing their A-game with this relaunch, huh. At least Xorn's in a book, I liked him. I think about him a lot, and how I'd like to see him do more than be backup. Which we might not be getting here, but at least it's focus.

Every new announcements makes me less and less hyped.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Kid Omega and Glob. I really dont get why writers gravitate towards pink so much.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Xorn (I hope he'll get development) and the Great Glob are making the line-up way better.
    If there isn't at least one awkward interaction between Xorn and Magneto, then I owe all of you a soda

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Kid Omega and Glob. I really dont get why writers gravitate towards pink so much.
    It's a color form thing. Bright colors stand out more, so writers try to have some bright colored characters around. Its why so many Transformers toys have ridiculous paint jobs.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Xorn thats neat. Wonder which one
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Xoooorn? I haven't read anything with Xorn since Morrisons run. He was one of my faves during that era. I actually liked Quinten too. He was getting a lot of hatred then and I never really understood it. I found him fresh and original and he formed a bit of a cult. TBH I haven't read much of anything with him in it since Morrison. But I heard he sucks now.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Xoooorn? I haven't read anything with Xorn since Morrisons run. He was one of my faves during that era. I actually liked Quinten too. He was getting a lot of hatred then and I never really understood it. I found him fresh and original and he formed a bit of a cult. TBH I haven't read much of anything with him in it since Morrison. But I heard he sucks now.
    I never liked Quentin originally and thought he was a creep but I'm not a fan of Morrison's run anyway. I only got to like Quentin in Jason Aaron's WATXM.

Xorn has always been way too convoluted for my taste. At this point, he's better used as a mask that another character hides behind, whether it's (fake) Magneto or Jean in the future.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I like how Xorn is a case of not wanting to waste a cool design so they made him real after the whole Magneto biz.

Which makes perfect sense, its a really cool design. Shame to waste it on being a disguise for Mags.

I believe he was a member during Cullen Bunn's Uncanny X-Men run. Gave him actual spotlight to further show he's an actual person with his own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I never liked Quentin originally and thought he was a creep but I'm not a fan of Morrison's run anyway. I only got to like Quentin in Jason Aaron's WATXM.

Xorn has always been way too convoluted for my taste. At this point, he's better used as a mask that another character hides behind, whether it's (fake) Magneto or Jean in the future.
    I liked him starting a teen rebellion. I don't remember him being a creep, just a troublemaker. Now Xorn may be convoluted but that's the sane as many other characters. Look at X-Men: Blue for instance.
    I liked Morrisons era as he introduced the idea of mutant celebrity's and humans tried to find a way to get superpowers of their own, He expanded the school. He focused on less powerful characters, "useless mutants" as well as "ugly" ones like Beak. I guess it's just personal taste, Different strokes for different folks and all that.

I liked him starting a teen rebellion. I don't remember him being a creep, just a troublemaker. Now Xorn may be convoluted but that's the sane as many other characters. Look at X-Men: Blue for instance.
    I liked Morrisons era as he introduced the idea of mutant celebrity's and humans tried to find a way to get superpowers of their own, He expanded the school. He focused on less powerful characters, "useless mutants" as well as "ugly" ones like Beak. I guess it's just personal taste, Different strokes for different folks and all that.
    Mutant celebs technically existed way before. But they were mutant celebs in the sense that they were superhero mutant celebs. Wanda, Pietro, and Beast on the Avengers for example. Dazzler even if she became a pariah after she was exposed as a mutant. The O5 as X-Factor were the closest the X-Men ever achieved to mainstream acceptance with parades being hailed for them and getting film offers. And actually, even in their O5 days, they vacillated between being viewed as public heroes like the Avengers and FF versus being seen as a strange menace like Spider-Man.
    And when the X-Men first went to San Francisco, during the Secret Wars II era, they also received more widespread acceptance there.

The school being opened up was also a thing I didn't care for. I never understood why Marvel mandated the destruction of Genosha because there were too many mutants but then let Morrison open up the school to hundreds of students. I guess that was movie synergy like the black leather costumes since the movie really started that and everything else followed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

I believe he was a member during Cullen Bunn's Uncanny X-Men run. Gave him actual spotlight to further show he's an actual person with his own stuff.
    Missed this. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Mutant celebs technically existed way before. But they were mutant celebs in the sense that they were superhero mutant celebs. Wanda, Pietro, and Beast on the Avengers for example. Dazzler even if she became a pariah after she was exposed as a mutant. The O5 as X-Factor were the closest the X-Men ever achieved to mainstream acceptance with parades being hailed for them and getting film offers. And actually, even in their O5 days, they vacillated between being viewed as public heroes like the Avengers and FF versus being seen as a strange menace like Spider-Man.
    And when the X-Men first went to San Francisco, during the Secret Wars II era, they also received more widespread acceptance there.

The school being opened up was also a thing I didn't care for. I never understood why Marvel mandated the destruction of Genosha because there were too many mutants but then let Morrison open up the school to hundreds of students. I guess that was movie synergy like the black leather costumes since the movie really started that and everything else followed.
    In regard to mutant acceptance in the Avengers it wasn't completely true, sure Beast was loved by the public but many didn't know he was a mutant, but I read Sterns run and there were protestors outside Avengers mansion telling muties to go home. And Pietro and Wanda were controversial to the human public dubbed as 'Caps Kooky Quartet' along with a reformed Hawkeye. Morrison brought in then idea of humans wanting to be mutants and even going so far as to try to get powers. And then there is Beak as I already mentioned that got focus. He wasn't pretty and he wasn't powerful and in the older comics they would have just tossed him in with the Morlocks. So, we will have to agree to disagree. Anyway, I am looking forward to Xorn getting some shine this coming era.

ETA: And blowing up Genosha yeah that was editorial but I found it interesting that the school was open to the public instaed of mutants being either recruted or just falling into their laps.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-24-2024 at 04:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Glob Herman? Jesus.
    I usually like McKay but it’s starting to feel like we don’t have similar tastes in X-characters.
    I could get past Quentin, but Glob is an instant turn-off.
    At least Xorn has a bit more potential I guess.
    Idie, Quinten, Glob.
    He’s bringing back the Jason Aaron Wolverine and the X-Men cast.
    I wouldn’t bat an eye if Evan Apocalypse showed up at this point.