Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I will take a break for a long while. Not excited at all. Reminds me of the worst x-men eras tbh.

Maybe I read storm and Phoenix. The main titles do not excite me at all.
    what era would that be? You mean IvX?

I feel like at least for Uncanny the new Mutants are probably just going to be supporting characters instead of main characters like the actual team.

Think of like in BoP where you had the Birds (Babs, Dinah, Helena, Zinda) but you had characters who interacted with and bounced off around them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Emma's look, I really don't understand. What are those to pieces of fabric hanging in front of her ???
    I think it's meant to be like a piece-meal skirt. I feel like it looks better in motion.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Interesting that the official blurb calls her Kate but the author calls her Kitty. I'm concerned about the "unfortunately for Kate, Emma Frost thinks so as well". Their dynamic has been great and I hate for it to get undone.
    Even the character design calls her Kitty.

Maybe they're transitioning her back to that while Emma still calls her "Kate."

So could Psylocke actually be Betsy and Kwannon merged into one being?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The cast of these three is rather boring overall. Just same old, same old.

AND WHY ARE THEY STILL IGNORING THE ACADEMY X KIDS??!?!?!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post

well for Academy, X, we’re probably gonna have to wait another 10 years for the riders nostalgic for that era to appear. I personally am not looking forward to decimation nostalgia, even if I missed the Academy X team.

Besides, at this point, their ass should be trained, lol. I’m trying to remind myself that when remender’s uncanny xforce came out that seemed like the most boring team ever that was easily the best book of the lost years.

Mighty Member

Man, I feel like they are about to announce X-Cutioner's Song 2 with this stuff. This is going straight back to the late 80's and early 90's and feels really jarring after Krakoa at least attempted a bunch of new concepts.

Sadly, the only two characters I care about in these rosters are Kurt and Kate. And not much interested in Kate completely divorced from the rest of the lineup the way she seems to be.

Uncanny, for Simone's effort is probably the only one I'll actually try. Curious to see how hard 90's the X-Factor and X-Force books go. Maybe on both pending the creators and lineups.

Not sure why this is surprising. "Back to basics" aka only the cash cows.

Because they aren't from the 90's. And of you aren't from the 90's you don't matter right now.

Spectacular Member

Positives:
    - Logan and Kurt on the same team
    - Logan and Kurt written by Gail Simone
    - Jubes back on a main team
    - Emma and Kate on the same team
    - Emma and Kate teaching again
    - Beast reformed after Krakoa

Cons:
    - Honestly just some of the costumes for me. Jubilee's and Juggernaut's immediately caught my eye, obviously not in a good way.
    Kate's and Rogue's are not bad BAD, but they're kinda uninspired. I guess I could point Nightcrawler and Gambit being too similar to their classic designs too.
    I didn't have a problem with Emma's, but after seeing the other designs they did, there were just way better options overall.

So I guess for me at least the good seems to outweight the bad.

PERFECT!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So could Psylocke actually be Betsy and Kwannon merged into one being?
    Dont even joke about that. They better not.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Did something happen with Betsy/ captain britain? And not that I'm complaining, but where's colossus?
    Last edited by protege; 03-14-2024 at 03:37 PM.

I wouldnt know. This is all they released of the new era. But it would be dumb to merge them back together. Like legitimately stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Honestly, just kill off Kwanon, make Betsy Psylocke, and give Brian Braddock the Captain Britain helm back. That whole bodyswap from the 90s has aged horribly and the attempts to course-correct have fallen flat. Betsy has had enough experience now she can be Psylocke and wield a sword herself, without any kind of Kwanon (who let's be honest, was always more cheesecake than character) influence.

I'm curious about each title, but the era feels like a mixed bag so far.

So it's a wait and see.

I'm 91% sure it's Kwannon. The not-purple hair seems to be in the indicator.

Also, maybe it's the cut of the top, odd perspective or the effect of the firecrackers, but Jubilee looks like she has a huge rack. lol

Again, I'm really looking forward to this, as the Jim Lee X-Men #1 is "MY" era of X-Men second only to the Outback era.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I'm 91% sure it's Kwannon. The not-purple hair seems to be in the indicator.

Also, maybe it's the cut of the top, odd perspective or the effect of the firecrackers, but Jubilee looks like she has a huge rack. lol

Again, I'm really looking forward to this, as the Jim Lee X-Men #1 is "MY" era of X-Men second only to the Outback era.
    I think it's just Stegman. The Marquez Jubilee has a more regular sized chest.