Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    spoilers:
    Meh. Sucks that Ben or Peter couldn't give Maddie a bit of humbling, instead of her letting Chasm go, 'just because'. May she never dawn the Spider books again.
    end of spoilers
    they are too weak for her
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    they are too weak for her
    There are always ways of payback that don't involve one on one fights...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Hoping Anya actually gets to be the focus of the Spider-Verse event this go around even if I'm admittedly Spider-Verse'd out. Be nice for her to finally get her flowers in one of these big crossover stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although the last story wasn't the perfect showing for her...
    Alas, but considering the writer of this one, Alex Segura, wrote the novel Arana/Spider-Man 2099: Dark Tomorrow that had them team up . . . I'm hopeful he can still give Anya some big moments.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's similar to She-Hulk's origin. Jennifer Walters needed a blood transplant, so they had to find a match. The only one available was her cousin Bruce Banner... and the transfusion of course turned her into another Hulk.
    Jen, Eli, I think even Bucky got a transfusion from Nick Fury Jr and got his Infinity Formula blood.

I think it would be cool if Julia's daughter had powers...just not spider powers. Then have John Walker teach Rachel how to fight.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Jen, Eli, I think even Bucky got a transfusion from Nick Fury Jr and got his Infinity Formula blood.

I think it would be cool if Julia's daughter had powers...just not spider powers. Then have John Walker teach Rachel how to fight.
    Considering Walker and Julia worked together in the West Coast Avengers, which later became Force Works, and then reunited in the post-Civil War/Initiative era's Omega Flight series . . .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Considering Walker and Julia worked together in the West Coast Avengers, which later became Force Works, and then reunited in the post-Civil War/Initiative era's Omega Flight series . . .
    That is why I say I would throw John into the story. He has a history with them both.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

That is why I say I would throw John into the story. He has a history with them both.
    History, indeed.

Extraordinary Member

History, indeed.
    Too many writers today either ignore or have no idea about connections like these. They should go back and read the characters history.

Too many writers today either ignore or have no idea about connections like these. They should go back and read the characters history.
    At least browse one of those Fandom Wikis before writing about the characters professionally, since the Fandom Wikis usually cite the exact books or arcs in which many of those connections were formed and those developments occurred.

At least browse one of those Fandom Wikis before writing about the characters professionally, since the Fandom Wikis usually cite the exact books or arcs in which many of those connections were formed and those developments occurred.
    That said, a lot of fandom wikis get into blow by blow accounts of every issue which is more detail than one really wants or needs.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    That said, a lot of fandom wikis get into blow by blow accounts of every issue which is more detail than one really wants or needs.
    Maybe . . .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Maybe . . .
    More is better than less...

And it depends on the character. Some long term, popular characters get all or most of the info. Others just get a little here or there.

But I stand by my point. Writers need to actually research the characters they use and root out some of those minor appearances to get a complete view of the characters history and relationships.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 03-28-2024 at 06:09 PM.