Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boys View Post
    Didn't have this on my pull list, is this worth getting as for as anything to do with Amazing/Superior run?
    Nah. Nothing from Superior and only thing for Amazing is setting up a story for Spider-Man vs Tombstone and more eluding to Osborn returning to his old self.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boys View Post
    Didn't have this on my pull list, is this worth getting as for as anything to do with Amazing/Superior run?
    I skimmed it...just a few pages of tease for each of the books. As Kurolegacy said...the Spidey/Tombstone story line gets set up, Jess in San Fran and her reasons for being there, Peter/Miles team up book, etc...

I would say skip it and save your money for something with more substance.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

I'm interested in virtually nothing offered in this anthology.

spoilers:
    All the stuff teasing Wells' stuff was yawn inducing. The same Spidey/Tombstone stuff we've been dealing with since the first arc and "woooh! Green Goblin Norman is back and scarier than a demon Goblin!" Blegh.

Miles was probably the most fun one but that's a given.

Jessica deserves better than spotlighting all of Marvel's fake spinoff sidekicks.

So Gwen is stuck in 616 to protect her from some random supernatural threat in Earth-65? Also here's OB for synergy even though he looks nothing like Ke Huy Quan.

It's funny how Maddie was happy to Ben's jailer but now she's "not into that" so she's just letting him go to do whatever. Maddie in Spider-Man books sucks.

It was nice to see Kaine.

Gwen Goblin was cooler and I don't care about the Spider-Society.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Hoping Anya actually gets to be the focus of the Spider-Verse event this go around even if I'm admittedly Spider-Verse'd out. Be nice for her to finally get her flowers in one of these big crossover stories.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    That is the problem...they need to make her interesting by giving her more to do than showing up in Peter's life and being cryptic. She was an Avenger. Have her show up in their book and go along on a mission. Or do a story of her own getting hands on with some bad guys.

I think something interesting for her would be that her daughter is sick and needs a bone marrow transplant. While she is always at the hospital she keeps having visions that lead her to original 616 Nighthawk and his business that is going to get attacked by some bad guys (maybe the Serpent Society) and she and him fight them out of costume...but the real reason for the visions was not stop the bad guys but that Kyle is a match for Rachel's bone marrow transplant....and she winds up with Nighthawk's powers too.
    That's similar to She-Hulk's origin. Jennifer Walters needed a blood transplant, so they had to find a match. The only one available was her cousin Bruce Banner... and the transfusion of course turned her into another Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm interested in virtually nothing offered in this anthology.

spoilers:

So Gwen is stuck in 616 to protect her from some random supernatural threat in Earth-65? Also here's OB for synergy even though he looks nothing like Ke Huy Quan.

It's funny how Maddie was happy to Ben's jailer but now she's "not into that" so she's just letting him go to do whatever. Maddie in Spider-Man books sucks.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I did notice it said "Earth-65?", with a question mark at the end. So something is going on there.

I think Maddie and Havok were being written out here, so that the X book relaunch writers can do what they like with them, if so the spider office are blameless this time. Chasm needed separating from them.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Hoping Anya actually gets to be the focus of the Spider-Verse event this go around even if I'm admittedly Spider-Verse'd out. Be nice for her to finally get her flowers in one of these big crossover stories.
    Although the last story wasn't the perfect showing for her...

Im guessing Wells run will end with Peter vs Tombstone not with Green Goblin. Chasm is finally out and its good to see Kaine do something. I am tired of Gwen being different villains also when did Miguel meet Gwen?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Im guessing Wells run will end with Peter vs Tombstone not with Green Goblin. Chasm is finally out and its good to see Kaine do something. I am tired of Gwen being different villains also when did Miguel meet Gwen?
    Um...considering this is Earth-2099 Miguel, it would have been during End of the Spider-Verse, when both of them were turned into Wasp Totems.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    It would bring the run full circle.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why can't we get more MJ variants...then again, Gwen is basically Marvel Barbie (and not Millie the Model).
    I agree we should have more MJ variants, and I do want to see interaction between variants, not a passing conversation. But this could means they still have some plans for her, whether it is going to be good, remains to be seen.

As always ASM was hype but the ending will fall flat, not interested with Ben and Kaine, even though I love these characters. Look like Gwen is getting the Miles treatment, could they thing up something better or different. Love Jessica, I am glad in the few she is not connected what is going on with Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by 9AlphaOmega1 View Post
    I agree we should have more MJ variants, and I do want to see interaction between variants, not a passing conversation. But this could means they still have some plans for her, whether it is going to be good, remains to be seen.

As always ASM was hype but the ending will fall flat, not interested with Ben and Kaine, even though I love these characters. Look like Gwen is getting the Miles treatment, could they thing up something better or different. Love Jessica, I am glad in the few she is not connected what is going on with Spider-Man.
    she never fits with spider-man no matter how much they try to push it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

The Spectacular Spider-Men tease was a lot simpler than I was expecting. I guess the patrons and barista on the left will be new additions to the Coffee Bean cast. No idea who they are.

spoilers:
    The blind man that stalks Peter and Miles is Libra. He was one of the main antagonists in Weisman's short-lived Starbrand and Nightmask. Maybe he'll continue that plotline in the second story arc.
    end of spoilers
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    Meh. Sucks that Ben or Peter couldn't give Maddie a bit of humbling, instead of her letting Chasm go, 'just because'. May she never dawn the Spider books again.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    spoilers:
    Meh. Sucks that Ben or Peter couldn't give Maddie a bit of humbling, instead of her letting Chasm go, 'just because'. May she never dawn the Spider books again.
    end of spoilers
    Lazy writing, they use this issue to explain away things without any efforts. Readers who didn't pick up this issue will not know how he got out, and of course the reason is dumb letting him out.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Really like how McGuinness draws Goblin, that cover looks great, also Kaine spoilers:
    has his classic scar and long hair back
    end of spoilers , I have a feeling it will never be acknowledged that Miguel has never actually met all the other Spiders before since he’s not the original Miguel, earth 928/og Miguel might just fade from existence at this point lol