Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Ask Gail Stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Does that mean ... a classic softball game??

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for SUNFIRE:
    - I like that he first appeared outside the X-books and always had his own life outside the team,(especially since he's never on it for long) which can still be explored.
    - The first time I saw him was on "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends" mackin' on Firestar so... yeah, he's awesome.
    - He's a jerk and a hero. That's always fun. I feel nobody's really taken advantage of what he brings to a group dynamic. (not that I've read anyway. There's been a lot of X-books)
    Sunfire has never stuck around long enough on any team to reach his potential. The fault of that is the creative teams and not the character if you ask me. Here's hoping he'll be a later addition to one of the upcoming teams. Same for Banshee and Thunderbird too. And to make it clear. I want them used as heroes too. All 3 deserve to shine as heroes in this new era.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Sunfire has never stuck around long enough on any team to reach his potential. The fault of that is the creative teams and not the character if you ask me. Here's hoping he'll be a later addition to one of the upcoming teams. Same for Banshee and Thunderbird too. And to make it clear. I want them used as heroes too. All 3 deserve to shine as heroes in this new era.
    Three of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by ComixGail View Post
    Three of my favorites.
    You just made my day, Gail!

Hi Gail!

Thanks for your last answer!

I'm back ... because this week has been PAINFUL. Beautifully, horribly painful. And now I need a distraction from my escapism even. Ugh.

So here goes ... What do you find most enjoyable about writing married characters versus single characters and what do you think keeps married characters interesting to readers since long-form storytelling so often seems allergic to the notion?

BTW SO in love with David Marquez's teaser art! I mean we all know he does gorgeous work, but it's just so heartwarming!

Eagerly looking forward to Uncanny!

Oh and I nearly forgot random character plugs. Got any enthusiasm for any of Gambit's past promient side characters like Courier, Fence, Tante Mattie or Lapin?
    Last edited by AppleJ; 04-13-2024 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shugahfree View Post
    Attachment 138784

I'm still convinced, if its mutant horror you want then none other than Generation X are better suited!

Monet, Chamber, and Synch particularly although Skin, Mondo, and Husk deserve love too.

Two mutant families with Jubilee as the center point.
    lol Husk can peel her skin off, she totally fits right in.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Hi Gail, since you can't talk about what's to come to much, let's talk about what's been...what are some of your favorite storylines or character moments that have stood out the most to you?
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Gail:

Since your book was described as “globetrotting super hero adventures where the X-Men show the world all the good mutantkind can accomplish” — in this Marvel.com article about McKay and Stegman’s ‘X-men’ title: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-cover-details) — can you tease some of the locations your team will visit in the upcoming months/year? I love seeing the X-men in different real-world locales across the globe, so this sounds right up my alley.

Thanks.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I know theres not much fans can do about having characters appear but can you have this new X-office keep it in the back of their minds or whatever cool meetings you all have that it would be awesome to get some spotlight on pre existing latino/a/e or hispanic X-characters.

It would be awesome to get some representation and elevate characters like: Wind Dancer, Skin, Magma, and Rictor.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Hi Gail,

Can we expect any sort of connectivity between your Uncanny and Jed's adjectiveless? Or any other X-books in particular maybe?

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

From Tom’s Substack newsletter.
    “i was suggesting we move Nightcrawler in a specific, more pious, direction. But Saladin Ahmed and Gail Simone both argued to do something else, and now I’m very glad I listened to them and let them do their own thing.”

Good call, Gail, pious Kurt is my least favourite Kurt*

*I don’t mind him having faith, but it’s an aspect of his personality, I don’t want it to be his Raisin d'Ętre. But then, I was chucked out of Sunday School at 11 for wanting to be The Morrigan when I grew up. For some reason, they didn’t consider this to be a suitable career choice, wusses.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Gail, since you're accepting character suggestions, I'd like to put mine for Thunderbird.
    His death was so influential to X-men history that for me it's a huge bummer that he hasn't been given much focus since his return.
    I think he should be front and center in one of the main X-teams. It would be great seeing him interact with Kurt and Logan after all this time too.
    Thunderbird is one of my all-time favorites.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Gail:

Since your book was described as “globetrotting super hero adventures where the X-Men show the world all the good mutantkind can accomplish” — in this Marvel.com article about McKay and Stegman’s ‘X-men’ title: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-cover-details) — can you tease some of the locations your team will visit in the upcoming months/year? I love seeing the X-men in different real-world locales across the globe, so this sounds right up my alley.

Thanks.
    Hmm...we actually DON'T globetrot much, for a while. The main location is outside New Orleans and we have some huge stuff coming! There are a couple of my favorite places in the world in this first arc but I want to keep them secret for now.

Amazing Member

Yes, quite a bit. We all talk every day.

But some of this is smaller connectivity. We are trying to make it so people can follow one book and get everything they need with those characters.

Amazing Member

I have been looking at the art for all the books.

Good lord, Marvel dug deep. All the books look great, some look AMAZING.

Very excited to see the Sunfire love! Especially because I was just about to harass you with this after the open call for pitching favs:

And speaking of underrated friendships: