Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Gail Stuff!

Gail random question:

If Barbara Gordon found her way into Earth 616, which character do you think she'd get along with first?

Quote Originally Posted by ComixGail View Post
    You know, this is actually a really insightful question. One of my characters offers Wolverine a new look, whether or not he goes for it, I can't say yet!
    As a huge Wolverine fan, I say go for it. I love when characters evolve and try on new looks, just like people do in real life.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Some of these are favorites of mine. The one thing is, I feel like my one story with Longshot, in Domino, I don't feel I got him right. This happened to me one other time, with Cass as Batgirl. It's bugged me all those years, so when I got to write her again, I gave her the MOST powerful juice I could. I would love to redeem myself with Longshot!
    As a massive Cass fan I am having trouble remembering which moment you are referring to here. When did you get to write her again? The future state story in Babs-Batgirl?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    As a massive Cass fan I am having trouble remembering which moment you are referring to here. When did you get to write her again? The future state story in Babs-Batgirl?
    Yeah, she was still quiet in that but I felt it was a much better representation of her character.

Yeah, she was still quiet in that but I felt it was a much better representation of her character.
    It is a good version of her but to talkative for my taste. I prefer her near mute and deep rooted in body language.

X-23 is in my view marvels Cass. Laura and Remy are my favorite non romantic couple, they bring out the best in each other. If you have to pull some sneaky stuff to write her, do it! I’m sure some other writer has grabbed her but she is a Wolverine, she can appear in more than one title at the same time.

Some of these are favorites of mine. The one thing is, I feel like my one story with Longshot, in Domino, I don't feel I got him right. This happened to me one other time, with Cass as Batgirl. It's bugged me all those years, so when I got to write her again, I gave her the MOST powerful juice I could. I would love to redeem myself with Longshot!
    Longshot is my absolute favorite comic character (every character is someone’s favorite, right?). Unfortunately, it seems like no writer has truly “gotten” him since Claremont. I’ve read and reread my Longshot TPB until it wore out. Fortunately it’s been reprinted a few times in hardcover lol. The poor guy has had his memories erased so many times by Mojo, it’s no wonder he’s so hard to follow. He’s always been a freedom fighter that loses his memories and then just goes with the flow in whatever situation he’s dropped into… usually literally. He’s also one of the few X-men who ISN’T a mutant. I would love to see someone tackle him and do right by him instead of just making more of a mess. Also, an artist to remember that ALL denizens of the Mojoverse have three fingers and a thumb! Including Spiral! Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine… But yeah, if you haven’t, read Nocenti/Adams Longshot series from the 80’s. It’s a great piece of work…

Having read your Domino series, I’d say you have. Also the artist got the Mojoworld denizens fingers right, which is a rarity these days!
    Last edited by Thundershot; 04-07-2024 at 03:59 PM.

It's funny but a lot of obscure characters are being talked about right now!
    Does this mean Corben will be getting used in the future?

Amazing Member

Folks, to spare you some time, I probably will NOT be able to answer questions that ask, "Will ________ be in your book?"

Purely because of spoilers and embargos, it's still a ways until the first issues come out.

BUT, please feel free to keep requesting your favorites, I am reading all the posts even if I don't respond!

Sorry and thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Mindful of the stylistic change you made with your artist on BIRDS OF PREY...Which member of the X-MEN is most in need of a hairstyle makeover? :-)
    You know, this is actually a really insightful question. One of my characters offers Wolverine a new look, whether or not he goes for it, I can't say yet!
    Swweeeet. THANKS.
    Bring on the HAIR OF X!

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Dear Gail, thank you for speaking with us.

Here is a few scans about Gambit's telepathy resistance and how Jean, Xavier and even Xavier Skrull saw his mind in comics.
    I think it is a big part of the character that always helped Remy to save his secrets. And Gambit always has his secrets.

Last edited by Purplevit; 04-08-2024 at 12:46 AM.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

Hi Gail,

One of the big things I miss from my early days of reading X-Men is the back and forth between Wolverine and Gambit. From UNX 275 they had a great dynamic which can range from antagonistic rivalry down to drinking buddies. What is your favourite interpretation of their relationship?
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    Hi Gail,

One of the big things I miss from my early days of reading X-Men is the back and forth between Wolverine and Gambit. From UNX 275 they had a great dynamic which can range from antagonistic rivalry down to drinking buddies. What is your favourite interpretation of their relationship?
    Totally agree with this. More Logan and Remy (and Kurt I suppose too) hanging out drinking please! And Rogue's no slouch on the drinking buddy front either.

Folks, please feel free to keep requesting your favorites, I am reading all the posts even if I don't respond!

Sorry and thank you!
    Thanks for being here.

I hope Firestar is in some sort of role.

Would love to see the return of The BioGenes, The Promise and Ann Nocenti creations - Poltergeist, Link, Max Rocker, Ivich and the rest of the Gladiators, Heartbreak Hotel mutants.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

BUT, please feel free to keep requesting your favorites, I am reading all the posts even if I don't respond!

Sorry and thank you!
    Cable. Would love to see him show up in Uncanny, or just be used somewhere in the new era. I know you won't give spoilers, Gail, buuut a tease isn't really a spoiler per se, right? Anything you can say about the X-men's resident "psychic soldier messiah" at this stage? Just that he'll show up someplace, perhaps?

I mean… look at this guy…

IMG_9566.jpg

... so freakin' badass... how could you not want to use him?
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 04-08-2024 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Totally agree with this. More Logan and Remy (and Kurt I suppose too) hanging out drinking please! And Rogue's no slouch on the drinking buddy front either.
    Yes, please!