Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Gail Stuff!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Dear Gail,

Many of us feel the kids of New/Young X-Men are left in Limbo for way to long. Rogue used to coach many of them in Mike Carey's run like Hellion, Anole, Trance and Indra.

I understand you might not want to spoil names, but can you at least let us know if any of the former Academy X kids will have roles in your series?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Incredible Member

Hi Gail,

I was just wondering what you think about the character Bishop? As a character from a hundred years into the future who grew up fighting Nimrods, he got some time to shine in Krakoa, being a part of the Marauders and two great miniseries, but it's not always a guarantee that he'll be involved in the future. So even if he's not involved, it'd still be cool to see what you think about him in case he ever does show up in your plans.

With the X-Men's diverse cast, I'm feeling a little anxious to see the current announced line ups pretty skimpy on LGBT characters. What are your plans for the LGBT mutant characters?

Gail, I am a fan of your work and excited to see what you bring to the X-table, but for the love of God can you please tell your fellow Marvel creatives this about Storm?:

IMG_9141.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Gail, I am a fan of your work and excited to see what you bring to the X-table, but for the love of God can you please tell your fellow Marvel creatives this about Storm?:

IMG_9141.jpg
    Quoted for the truth. And she used to look so good in X-men Red :'(

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Will the solos crossover with the main books?

Will we see more costume options? These are fine but very safe redesigns of classic looks.

Were there any characters you didn't get to use you wanted?

Will the ongoings interact much outside of events?

Is this leaning toward a comedy or a drama?

Why did you choose the Big Easy?

Does Rogue still own Destiny's house there? I really can't remember. I feel like it got destroyed in Carey X-Men but it's been a minute.

Apologies if you've already answered these and thanks for making the thread.

First, I love some of your work and one of the only things keeping me post krokoa IS the creative line up... I believe in you

now my question: Going forward, assuming you are given the choice, would you keep the team as you are writing it or have it be a growing shrinking and rotating cast?
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Hello Gail!

I asked this on twitter but thought it might be better here, so my question is:

Will Kurt and Rogue's sibling relationship be explored?

I'd love to see how they interact as family since I feel we barely get anything about how they view each other & Raven/Irene as their parents.
    (Also I've been screaming for days over how excited I am for this book, thanks!)

I cannot wait to see you writing Remy, another one of my favorite characters. Highly anticipating this comic!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Hi, Gail.

Thanks for posting and answering questions.

Back in Spurrier’s run, he established an orphanage, what happened to those babies?
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Hello Gail!

I asked this on twitter but thought it might be better here, so my question is:

Will Kurt and Rogue's sibling relationship be explored?

I'd love to see how they interact as family since I feel we barely get anything about how they view each other & Raven/Irene as their parents.
    (Also I've been screaming for days over how excited I am for this book, thanks!)

I cannot wait to see you writing Remy, another one of my favorite characters. Highly anticipating this comic!
    got my answer and im so hyped

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    got my answer and im so hyped
    Yeeeeeeessssss

Quote Originally Posted by ComixGail View Post
    I love Warren, he's one of the OG characters and I always feel like he gets the short end of the stick. I can't say anything at this point, I'm sorry. But I absolutely hear what you're saying.
    Very later here, but thank you so, so much for these kind words for Warren. Lately (recent years) he was labelled in not a good way, and it's always refreshing to hear an X-author talk good about it. No matter if they'll use him or not. Just the words.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

What are your feelings on using Scanner and/or Screener in comics going forward?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Quoted for the truth. And she used to look so good in X-men Red :'(
    She has a solo book, she's not in Uncanny!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Welcome Gail ! I admit I almost never read your writing but I'm excited to get into it.

It's not a question, as I guess any future storyline spoiler would be out of the table here, but I hope, with Rogue and Nightcrawler on the team and after X-men Blue, that we get some "Darkholme" family moments.
    Also, Candra !

I wish I could be more specific. The biggest problem we all have is trying to fit all the good stuff in that we can without making it seem like a Pokemon guidebook!