Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    IDK I don’t think it’s in good taste to say such things, especially when you could actually rip them in half. It’s also not the kind of language that decent people tend to use
    But she’s being very human in this situation. She already hates going to this mall because she’s been looking for parking for 2 hours? And this guy is trying to make her move out the spot he claims he seen? Should she just say oh you can have it and keep looking?

Thought this was alright for a filler issue. Reminded me more of Morrison than Alan Moore despite the title.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Yeah it was decent. Nothing special. Definitely not as fun as his SM/BM double date at the carnival.

Probably would've been better if Tom just used it as a prequel to show Diana's history with her team or villains.

But ready to get back to the main story.

Meh

If I have to smoke something like that, put Shayera instead of Supperman, sorry not sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Yeah it was decent. Nothing special. Definitely not as fun as his SM/BM double date at the carnival.

Probably would've been better if Tom just used it as a prequel to show Diana's history with her team or villains.

But ready to get back to the main story.
    I enjoyed it and the banter at certain points made me laugh (Supperman, getting their nails done, etc), but definitely not as good as his Batman/Superman issue. A big step up from his Batman/WW issue however.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think I can agree with everyone. This issue was cool, but I do wish she would’ve went with a group of girl friends and went tried on clothing. It made me think of the uncanny X-men when Jubilee was first introduce. I think my favorite scene was when they went to get mani pedis.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

This is a cute issue, especially after the heaviness of the first 6.

Hilarious how Supes reveals how handles his nails and convinces WW to join for a spa-day. Self-care is no joke folks.

Plus if we have to have a fill-in artist, better to make it a filler issue so they don't have to draw the main story heh.

King has a knack for winning me over in the first coupla pages of each of his new Wondy issues. “By the thunderbolts of Jove”—I’m all in!

ETA: I can see why a segment of the Batfan community doesn’t mess with King. Though I haven’t read his work on Bruce, I can tell just from this issue alone he likes to take the wind out of Batman’s wings. LOL. I’m not mad at it.

A fun diversion, this issue.

…oh, and one more thing: Sozomaika’s Women’s History Month variant cover, which I’ve named “Wonder Woman as photographed by George Hurrell for an MGM publicity still, circa 1942” is just…chef’s kiss!
    Last edited by Largo161; 03-19-2024 at 05:43 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This was cute and fun, even if I would have preferred this in an annual or a shared Trinity or JLA issue and not the one monthly WW book. Still, as far as Superman showing up in this book goes, this is upper tier (not saying much).

I loved Clark getting his nails done and Diana casually ribbing him about his death TWICE

I still wish Kings' voice for Diana was a little less stiff.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

March is...March.

I very much enjoyed this light, fun, heartfelt gift-shopping interlude for Diana and Clark.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still wish Kings' voice for Diana was a little less stiff.
    I actually found it better this issue.

Maybe it's the lack of Sovereign narration.

Positives:
    - No Sovereign narration
    - No Lizzie

Negatives:
    - Everything else. I'm sorry, but I don't care about Superman/Batman in my WW content, especially when their mythos take priority over hers. It should've been in a separate Trinity book.

I just can't seem to muster up the desire to read this issue.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

It's a totally pointless issue. I like a little slice of life from time to time but this didn’t feel natural which kinda defeats the purpose. I don’t much care for how she’s written either, I noticed she goes “keep walking” as they pass the maternity store, what do we make of that...
    I’m also a bit annoyed at how much space Batman, Superman, Jon and Damien take up in this run