Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Hmm, this raises a curious question
    What characters outside of the Wonder family would people like to see Wonder Woman team up with for a single issue?

Personally I think Xanthe and Dreamer would be interesting to see, since both of them mess with concepts which used to be part of Wonder Womans wheelhouse.
    Nightshade or Zatanna.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I beg to differ. The backups themselves may not be major, but their role in raising Diana's daughter is. And now we know why Donna and Cassie aren't the ones doing it. They weren't even on King's radar.
    Their importance in Trinitys life. Yes. Raising her...not really.

But now we want to put the backup above the main story?

Speaking of Zatanna I think she is going to show up in one of the upcoming Trinity backups.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    In some fairness, isn't that sadly the norm with WW writers in general?
    Hmm, going through the major runs, at least starting from Post-Crisis.

Perez - Hmm, not particularly. There's the standard "WW first meets..." stuff but that's to be expected from a reboot.

WML - Not particularly, I actually think Superman was dead during most of this run. Probably used more C and D DC listers.

Byrne/Luke - I don't recall enough about these runs to decide.

Jimenez - Pretty fair to say, yes. Opening arc is a Batman/Wonder Woman crossover, the "Lois Lane interviews Diana" issue, and the Superman AWAW series that killed Hippolyta.

Rucka - Probably another yes (though probably more Batman). Hiketeia, Batman helping solve the murder early on, and even Rucka's original pitch for Amazons Attack had Superman and Batman scenes.

Heinberg - Yes

Simone - No

Azzarello - No, probably the most disconnected from the regular DC universe the main WW book has ever been.

Finches - I didn't read enough of this run to even remember

Rucka 2.0 - No, only show up in the annual

Robinson - No, but that was the least of that run's problems

Orlando - No.

Wilson - No, but see Robinson.

Cloonan/Conrad - No.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Byrne mostly not. They would be there for scenes such as Diana dying, but while the writer was keen to use villains such as Doomsday and Sinestro (technically), it was more than anything borrowing heavily from Etrigan. Using alot of his side characters and villains with the demon becoming a supporting character who was in about a third of the run.

As for Luke...Well his first arc featured on the trinity. Heck it portrays Wonder Woman and Superman as a couple in a dream world. This is still only three issues of an eighteen issue run, but it still stood out to me. Oh and Oracle was a frequent presence in the run providing intel and tech support

Rucka - Probably another yes (though probably more Batman). Hiketeia, Batman helping solve the murder early on, and even Rucka's original pitch for Amazons Attack had Superman and Batman scenes.
    Positive - Ended his run with Diana and Superman switching costumes. (Which honestly...I would like to read...)

Negative -

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Positive - Ended his run with Diana and Superman switching costumes. (Which honestly...I would like to read...)
    Damn, Max Lord and Infinite Crisis denied us cross-dressing Clark Kent?

Now that event is even worse.

I read the last two issues and I wasn't expecting the supervillain gathering to be dispatched so quickly. I would have enjoyed seeing WW contend with each villain and have them be given their proper due, like, I would have loved seeing Giganta as an imposing villain again. Not sure where the main story was heading now.

The issue was last issue was cute, but I am glad I've been waiting every two months before checking for new issues because I would have been disapointed if this was all I got when I read the comics tonight.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Enjoyed this issue the friendship is fun to explored.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

This issue's pretty much a filler so Sampere has time to do the rest of the Sovereign arc, I'm not gonna get too worked up over it's placement in the timeline.

Does have poor timing coming the day after ''WB and Gunn got no plans for WW'' news drop though.
    How and they're doing a prequel story?

Perez - Hmm, not particularly. There's the standard "WW first meets..." stuff but that's to be expected from a reboot.

WML - Not particularly, I actually think Superman was dead during most of this run. Probably used more C and D DC listers.

Jimenez - Pretty fair to say, yes. Opening arc is a Batman/Wonder Woman crossover, the "Lois Lane interviews Diana" issue, and the Superman AWAW series that killed Hippolyta.

Heinberg - Yes

Simone - No

Azzarello - No, probably the most disconnected from the regular DC universe the main WW book has ever been.

Finches - I didn't read enough of this run to even remember

Rucka 2.0 - No, only show up in the annual

Robinson - No, but that was the least of that run's problems

Orlando - No.

Wilson - No, but see Robinson.

Cloonan/Conrad - No.
    Byrne: didn't use Batman/Superman, but let's be honest, he used WW as an excuse to play with the toys he actually wanted: the Jack Kirby creations. There's a moment of the run where Wondy herself disappears and the title is carried out by Kirby's characters and his own OCs

Rucka: relied more heavily on Superman/Batman, remember that his latest story was a Superman retrospective

Finches: the first arc is filled with DC superheroes invading the series and taking away Diana's protagonism

Rucka 2.0.: the entire Justice League, but mostly Batman/Superman appear at the end to help give the reader an understanding of what Diana is going thru

Cloonrad: they have an arc with the Trinity. I think it was just one number?

Also, after seeing that Patty Jenkins is a sionist, I really lost any hype I could have on Wonder Woman 3. Never had faith on James Gunn to do something with WW either way, but that's me playing a trick because I don't trust Warner Bros at all. Let's see first if Zaslav won't cancel all DC projects at the last minute to save some bucks on taxes.
    Last edited by Garrac; 03-30-2024 at 03:58 AM.

If we want to stretch things we could probably argue that New Gods are Superman's characters and Azzarello used Orion and Highfather.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The book isn't heavily relying on B/S characters. Lets not act as if the backup is a major part of the book
    These are not regular backups which are disconnected from the main story.

King's entire run is built on the idea of Diana becoming a mother, so the backups about her daughter become very important. That's where this story is leading up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    These are not regular backups which are disconnected from the main story.

King's entire run is built on the idea of Diana becoming a mother, so the backups about her daughter become very important. That's where this story is leading up to.
    I dont think that is the Focus of the story. I think Tom King's Focus is trying to tell the story of a woman against the world, and try to get at what makes her cool. Each number is basically Tom King telling why Wonder Woman is the chaddest on diferent ways (its not the first time he does this)

Its also Tom King criticising USA, ofc. Alltho, I guess he can start doing a mommy story later on. But not now.
    Last edited by Garrac; 03-30-2024 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    How and they're doing a prequel story?
    I'll believe that Amazons show is real when we get a trailer and release date.

I have no reason believe Gunn, DC, or WB are pushing for any WW project at the moment outside of the game (which pre-dates the current regime).

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    Byrne: didn't use Batman/Superman, but let's be honest, he used WW as an excuse to play with the toys he actually wanted: the Jack Kirby creations. There's a moment of the run where Wondy herself disappears and the title is carried out by Kirby's characters and his own OCs

Rucka: relied more heavily on Superman/Batman, remember that his latest story was a Superman retrospective

Finches: the first arc is filled with DC superheroes invading the series and taking away Diana's protagonism

Rucka 2.0.: the entire Justice League, but mostly Batman/Superman appear at the end to help give the reader an understanding of what Diana is going thru

Cloonrad: they have an arc with the Trinity. I think it was just one number?

Also, after seeing that Patty Jenkins is a sionist, I really lost any hype I could have on Wonder Woman 3. Never had faith on James Gunn to do something with WW either way, but that's me playing a trick because I don't trust Warner Bros at all. Let's see first if Zaslav won't cancel all DC projects at the last minute to save some bucks on taxes.
    Eh, I think there needs be more than just Superman and Batman appearing for an issue or two to constitute "relying on them". Outside of that Trinity issue, Supes and Bats didn't appear outside of a few scenes in an anniversary issue.

Same with Rucka, they popped up for one issue near the end and the annual.