Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I liked this issue a lot. The team-up with Batman was great, the detective work was solid, and I always love when Dick and Bruce enter Dynamic Duo mode when they have to fight together.

Also, I really like seeing Dick being angry; I don't remember many instances in the run where he let his emotions get to him.

And Bruce being a human being instead of a freak like in his main book is also a great change of pace.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Everytime dick saves a child I want him to keep them. When will it be his turn to be a parent

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Everytime dick saves a child I want him to keep them. When will it be his turn to be a parent
    I know they are pushing Dick with Babs right now, but I would love to see Mar'i Grayson again. I bet she would look adorable as a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I liked this issue a lot. The team-up with Batman was great, the detective work was solid, and I always love when Dick and Bruce enter Dynamic Duo mode when they have to fight together.

Also, I really like seeing Dick being angry; I don't remember many instances in the run where he let his emotions get to him.

And Bruce being a human being instead of a freak like in his main book is also a great change of pace.
    Same. This Bruce strikes the right balance to me. Reserved and scary from a distance, but always looking out for his boys and caring in his own way. And always protecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    For a future story definitely but I hope they hold off on anything like that in the main continuity for a while.

This was a fun and sweet Dick and Bruce team-up, pretty in-line with this books' tone and style.

I don't think any writer has explicitly had the "father/son" stated in text as much as Taylor has.

This is probably the nicest Taylor has ever written Batman. Taylors' Batman feels like he has two modes "uncompromising, manipulative, and cold jerk" or "compassionate, caring, and understanding dad" and which one you see really depends on what book you're reading.

Not really sure where this "Son of Gray" backups are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not really sure where this "Son of Gray" backups are going.
    Neither do I. I really don't see the point of this backup. At least it's already over.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Other than the back up, this was a near perfect issue. Bruce and Dick teaming up was great and the action and plotting of the over all mystery were both really tight.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Sweet issue issue, I like this Batman. Though maybe a bit too complimentary over Dick. Art was good too. Gonna have to keep an eye on this artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Sweet issue issue, I like this Batman. Though maybe a bit too complimentary over Dick. Art was good too. Gonna have to keep an eye on this artist.
    Kind of how characters work in this book .

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I liked this issue. I love batman Being written like this.
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member

I'm normally quite unmoved by "present day" mentions of the characters considering themselves family. I don't object, but it's basically what every group of lead characters considers themselves in all media.

But, call me an old softy, when it's just Bruce and Dick, and Dick is a child having a bit of a Moment and Bruce is really putting the effort in, him talking about them being a family was quite effective.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    It's the price Dick pays because there's multiple versions of the same character running around at the same time. Remember there's fans who believe teen Titans 2003 robin is Tim because of the costume, bo stuff and more serious personality. Or YJ robin is Tim because of his hacker and tech skills.
    Yeah. Jason is considered the Robin with anger issues.

So, many people consider other Robin showing anger issues as copying Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I'm normally quite unmoved by "present day" mentions of the characters considering themselves family. I don't object, but it's basically what every group of lead characters considers themselves in all media.

But, call me an old softy, when it's just Bruce and Dick, and Dick is a child having a bit of a Moment and Bruce is really putting the effort in, him talking about them being a family was quite effective.
    I don't completely mind it even if I think Tayloar has an issue with having subtext become text and making sure you know about it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Another really good and enjoyable issue...although I'm really jonesing for Redondo's art.

I wish they would stop it with the back-ups, here and over in WW, they add nothing to the story and they're never very interesting.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!