Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Nightwing #112 Preview

Nightwing #112 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Sami Basri
    Backup Writer: Michael Conrad
    Backup Artist: Francesco Francavilla

Dick in this flashback is very reminiscent of Jason in the Urban Legend flashback. What is DC doing? Will John become Jason's father too ? Although it also reminds me of Tim from the 90s and even Damian. I wonder if Duke is also similar to them at that age....

I think it's realistic Dick would have some anger issues to work out but it's kind of weird to see a training sequence that most people would assume was from Jason's training.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's realistic Dick would have some anger issues to work out but it's kind of weird to see a training sequence that most people would assume was from Jason's training.
    Why people would assume that? Only Jason got trained in boxing?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

It's very simple comics canon - Jason trained as Robin by punching, Dick by smiling, and Tim by doing crossword puzzles. Everyone knows that!

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Why people would assume that? Only Jason got trained in boxing?
    I'm talking about emotional stuff.

I guess Tim is the only Robin that didn't need to work through anger issues during their training.

I guess Tim is the only Robin that didn't need to work through anger issues during their training.
    Dick's struggle with anger was something that he had to deal with even in his Nightwing days.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Dick's struggle with anger was something that he had to deal with even in his Nightwing days.
    But that felt like more because of growing up and feeling out of sorts with whether he wanted to still be Robin.

But that felt like more because of growing up and feeling out of sorts with whether he wanted to still be Robin.
    It wasn't just at that time, he had some anger issues years after leaving the Robin persona.
    He almost killed the Joker in a burst of anger, well after becoming Nightwing.

Him and Bruce used to have heated arguments.

It wasn't just at that time, he had some anger issues years after leaving the Robin persona.

It's the price Dick pays because there's multiple versions of the same character running around at the same time. Remember there's fans who believe teen Titans 2003 robin is Tim because of the costume, bo stuff and more serious personality. Or YJ robin is Tim because of his hacker and tech skills.

Extraordinary Member

I guess hes the odd one out

https://youtube.com/shorts/sHKV1X4mu...ANT816x0gJ37zk

Extraordinary Member

If you look at some of his stories from the 90s, Tim had also occasionally anger problems.

The whole Idea that Jason was the only angry, reckless and disobedient Robin, doesn't really hold up if you look at the actual comics.

I remember the time when he left the team and broke up with Starfire because she married another dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    If you look at some of his stories from the 90s, Tim had also occasionally anger problems.

The whole Idea that Jason was the only angry, reckless and disobedient Robin, doesn't really hold up if you look at the actual comics.
    Dick and Tim have the occasional anger issue, but for a time, Jason WAS a walking, talking, anger issue that occasionally displayed other emotions.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Are people still pushing the ninja turtles narrative with the robins?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory