Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    A few thoughts:
    [LIST][*]A Jinny Hex appearance? Totally forgot she existed
    Same.
    [*]Power Girl / Holliday Girls team-up is interesting.
    Definitely never expected to see the Holiday Girls appear outside Wonder Woman.
    [*]Williamson sticking around on Green Arrow past issue #12 is definitely welcome but I do wonder how much longer he'll be writing that.
    At least makes it seem like he's on it for the long haul...or at least until they wrap the Waller storyline.
    [*]Is Sinestro a red lantern now?
    Yeah, he started using a red ring in Adams' GL. I think this is the first time we've seen him with a Red Lantern suit though.
    [*]Hopefully Zatanna: Bring Down The House does really well partly so we get more Zatanna but also so we get more non-Batman Black Label books.
    [*]Really digging The Strange Case of Harleen and Harley
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Yea, seen the sketches - there's a couple of threads going around where it seems like he may have fed those sketches into AI to render the final product:

https://twitter.com/darkvictories/st...26169574543411
    https://twitter.com/comicskirby/stat...02490365993449
    https://twitter.com/comicskirby/stat...22192018534639
    Damn 89%? I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but it’s not looking great.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Seems like mostly a holdover month until Waid's event stuff and whatever Snyder has planned.

WW and maybe Zatanna. Want to support more non-Batman BL books but Tamaki makes me wait for reviews.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Is it just me or are a few of these being released in both paperback and hardback simultaneously?

If so, I really hope this is a trend going forward. I'm sick of waiting years for the paperbacks to come out. HCs are great for special projects and especially for deluxe editions, but I really don't need to have the latest Superman or Nightwing arc collected in that more expensive format. I've been unimpressed by DC's graphic novel side for a while now, but between this and the really nice job they do with those massive paperback compendiums of older comics, they do seem at last to be on the right track.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I kinda wonder if Absolute Power will actually be the end of the Waller storyline or it's just more set-up like Beast World. Green Arrow, Titans and now Flash are still playing with the storyline.
    I suspect it's more like Waid's "ACT II" event after Lazarus Planet. I guess it's all part and parcel of the event calendar of whatever they call this period of DC. But for sure there's been a running "Waller is totally a supervillain now, do we deal with this?" thing since like, what, Justice League vs. Suicide Squad? Not that she hasn't ostensibly been treading close since the 80s, but obviously with the synergy thing going on and so many titles in the last seven years being like "wait a minute, some of these ideas from these Animated, CW and DCEU shows are worth bringing into the mainstream verse".
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com