BANNED

Default what are your thoughts/opinions on girls in elementary school joining wrestling?

Just wondering what other people's thoughts/opinions on girls in elementary school joining the wrestling team?

My hometown and the nearby neighboring town they now have girls from elementary school joining wrestling teams for sports. That's kind of cool but little girls in elementary school being in wrestling for sports I dunno about that.

that sport might be a bit rough for them. if its middle school and/or high school girls wrestling for school sports that's fine. and as long its girls team separate from the boys wrestling tatmes so its fair for them etc

I would be fine with it as long as they stay strict on who is allowed to fight who.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I say whoa.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I would be fine with it as long as they stay strict on who is allowed to fight who.
    This basically.

I admit I don't really get the fascination with competitive sports - it's good for kids to move, sure, but it should be fun and I think that too much competitiveness takes away from that and puts too much pressure on people, especially that young.
    But that aside, if those kids want to participate in any specific sport (as in, they want to do it and are not pushed into it by their parents), why put up barriers, especially over something like gender? Girls and women are much more likely to be victims of physical attack, so any sport that helps them know basic self-defence is actually more beneficial for them than for boys.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

BANNED

Same here. Can't have a little girl to be in a wrestling match with a boy during a wrestling tournament. wrestling is a rough sport for middle and high schoolers.

Dunno if it's even a good idea to begin with for elementary kids even for the girls.

I worry that our darling little cowboys might have their fragile egos damaged if they’re absolutely crushed by a little girl in front of their friends and relatives. They may grow up with an attitude of respect and equality toward females instead of being misogynistic patriarchal assholes.
    We can’t have that.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by XandertheWise View Post
    Just wondering what other people's thoughts/opinions on girls in elementary school joining the wrestling team?

My hometown and the nearby neighboring town they now have girls from elementary school joining wrestling teams for sports. That's kind of cool but little girls in elementary school being in wrestling for sports I dunno about that.

that sport might be a bit rough for them. if its middle school and/or high school girls wrestling for school sports that's fine. and as long its girls team separate from the boys wrestling tatmes so its fair for them etc
    ^^^I'm fine w. it.
    And, if they start in elementary school, by the time they get to middle school, they’ll have a great understanding of the rules and fundamentals, and their bodies will have adapted to the rigors of the sport.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    I worry that our darling little cowboys might have their fragile egos damaged if they’re absolutely crushed by a little girl in front of their friends and relatives. They may grow up with an attitude of respect and equality toward females instead of being misogynistic patriarchal assholes.
    We can’t have that.
    FWIW, I can't think of one girl I ever went to school with that would have had the strength to best me in wrestling. It's not like I was huge, either.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Same here, MM.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Back when I was certifying in combatives, our classes were co-ed.

What the women lacked in physical strength they made up for in speed, flexibility, and yes, pure meanness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Dracula View Post
    We can’t have that.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

When I was a kid I thought misogynist was another word for masseur.

I think it’s ok as look as they’re taught kayfabe properly.