Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Yes, by the current definition of Omega, there is not such thing as Beyond Omega, but is important to make it clear, that not all Omegas are created equal.

It doesn't matter how many energy Vulcan manipulates or how much cosmic wind Storm moves around, at the end of the day they are not in the same level as the guys who can create a new reality. Not even, among the reality warpers they are the same.

P.S.: The current definition of Omega is flawed, imo, because, how the hell isn't Manifold an Omega?
    What would he be omega for? His mutant power is to communicate with the universe to bend reality around him essentially manifesting as teleportation. That has a defined limit as it only works in his native reality and he's powerless in other universes. Most characters dont lose their powers when traversing universes. He effectively does

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowItMakesSense View Post
    Thank God, now undo Pietro and Wanda and then One More Day for good measure while you're at it.
    From your mouth to the ears of the Marvel Gods.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-19-2024 at 04:37 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but you guys just went back to beyond omega and made up that Infinity +1 description, which wasnt used to describe that original omega data page. Either we are going by the current description of omega status or not. Because there are inconsistencies when that term was thrown around prior to HOX streamlining what that meant and to my knowledge "Beyond omega" hasnt been a term used
    The term probably isn't active, but it's still canon that full potential Franklin would clear the majority of Omegas. The whole point of the conversation was how the term wouldn't make sense in the first place, and I was saying how it does, because Franklin is on an entirely different level than those Omegas. We're talking about the scale of his powers in comparison to others, not if the term is valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    The term probably isn't active, but it's still canon that full potential Franklin would clear the majority of Omegas. The whole point of the conversation was how the term wouldn't make sense in the first place, and I was saying how it does, because Franklin is on an entirely different level than those Omegas. We're talking about the scale of his powers in comparison to others, not if the term is valid.
    But he's only considered an omega for reality manipulation which means he should only be compared to other reality warpers. Like for example if we just considered telepathy, do you think he'd stand a chance against Jean Grey? She's an omega for that; he isnt and I doubt he has the potential to exceed her in that power

But he's only considered an omega for reality manipulation which means he should only be compared to other reality warpers. Like for example if we just considered telepathy, do you think he'd stand a chance against Jean Grey? She's an omega for that; he isnt and I doubt he has the potential to exceed her in that power
    Good point.

I get why people want Pietro and Wanda to be mutants again, but I don't think I get why Franklin benefits being a mutant or how the X-Books narratively benefit having another reality warper.

It wouldn't matter if his powers are direct upgrades to other Omegas or not. It's not about that. It's about how he's so much more than them, in terms of power. Maybe he doesn't know how to play hopscotch like the rest, but he's a master at 4D Chess. That's why he's Beyond Omega: he's almost incomparable to them. Most of them combined wouldn't be able to beat him. That's the whole point of all of this: his powers go beyond what even other Omegas are capable of.

This is somewhat related, but this is just me going into hypotheticals and isn't directly related to my point. This isn't part of my thesis statement or anything, this is just fan-wank, theorizing and musing about Franklin in comparison to Jean.
    spoilers:
    I'd depend on how you rank full power Jean/Phoenix to him. I personally put full power Phoenix on a higher power tier, but like, we don't have much of a reference here. The Phoenix is what I consider an abstract entity, but I'm sure someone could argue that it's not as strong as full power Franklin. But whatever side you fall on the debate, I'd probably put full-power Phoenix/Jean as a Beyond Omega, as well.

As for Franklin beating out Jean, we'd have to separate Jean from the Phoenix or assume the Phoenix is not as powerful as Franklin. So for the sake of this argument, Franklin eats the Phoenix and craps out eggs.
    Many of Franklin's abilities are psychic in nature. The Wiki says he has telepathy, and I'm sure he does, but I don't remember any exact instances of him using telepathy, specifically. (There are instances where he's seemingly controlling the minds of others or sensing things, but considering the absurd nature of his reality warping, one could, for whatever reason, make the case that he just rewrote reality on small levels to control them.) But with his power, he could potentially beat out Jean as a telepath because his powers essentially be infinite, or maybe he could will his telepathy stronger, or whatever.

EDIT: Marvel.com has described some of his feats as telepathic. Also, one of his alters was described as "virtually omnipotent," which should tell you just how balls he can be.

Now let's check on Storm. Franklin could theoretically rewrite reality and change the environment in ways Ororo can't, in addition to doing everything she already can with her powers. I'd still consider her an Omega because she is the best at what she does and her power can't be surpassed by any measurable fashion. Franklin excluded, because he's such an outlier to, well, everything. If you included him on the same tier, then no other mutant could be Omega ever, because he's just the best. It would destabilize the entire system.

So I guess my point is, Franklin is that much of an anomaly to justify the existence of a Beyond Omega classification.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Rift; 03-19-2024 at 06:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Franklin was supposed to be one of "The Twelve" but I think writers didn't know what to do with him and he was replaced.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Attachment 138385

Franklin and Val?
    I know the image isn't clear (posted from my phone) but I'm honestly wondering if that is supposed to be Franklin.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Attachment 138385

Franklin and Val?
    From what a I can make out, I don’t think it’s to do with Frank and Val. They aren’t twins, and Franklin is the older sibling by at least 5 years.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Too bad Franklin had to skip the ongoings in Krakoa.
    Given how the Krakoa era damaged the X-MEN brand I think Franklin dodged a bullet.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Given how the Krakoa era damaged the X-MEN brand I think Franklin dodged a bullet.
    damaged? How? The brand flourished in the current era and it helped restore it after a fall from grace that lasted over a decade

Back in the '90s, Onslaught kidnapped Franklin and used him to create a second sun to destroy all life on Earth. This led to Apocalypse trying to kill Franklin because he deemed him to be "the most powerful mutant of all."
    Formerly known as Don't pee in the (Dead)pool...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    In what universe?

The Krakoa era didnt damage the XMEN brand - it made the most popular franchise of Marvel again and without any tv media help .

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    In what universe?

The Krakoa era didnt damage the XMEN brand - it made the most popular franchise of Marvel again and without any tv media help .
    Right.

They said that like the FF is doing amazing ow...and I love the FF.