Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    damaged? How? The brand flourished in the current era and it helped restore it after a fall from grace that lasted over a decade
    It's damaged because it makes future eras of X-Men look bad in comparison. It's the Scooby-Doo, Mystery Inc. of the X-Men.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

There have been a couple of realities (Including Earth-X) where Franklin has gone on to become the new Galactus, and at least one other reality where Galactus becomes his herald. That's pretty much near top tier of the cosmic hierarchy.

looks like he is a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    looks like he is a mutant.
    reads like that to me. especially the spoilers:
    hides his powers from others and himself 364 days out the year. also the cyclops and iceman mention was nice. Franklin also specifically mentions he is using his unlimited reality warping powers.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by jwatson; 03-20-2024 at 09:51 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Yes, by the current definition of Omega, there is not such thing as Beyond Omega, but is important to make it clear, that not all Omegas are created equal.

It doesn't matter how many energy Vulcan manipulates or how much cosmic wind Storm moves around, at the end of the day they are not in the same level as the guys who can create a new reality. Not even, among the reality warpers they are the same.

P.S.: The current definition of Omega is flawed, imo, because, how the hell isn't Manifold an Omega?
    I was also curious about Manifold, as he seems to be by far much stronger teleporter than any others and have other powers as well. But it was explained in X-Men Red what Lactuca from Arakko is his stronger "sister". She is an Omega level mutant with the same power as he have, but stronger (the difference was described as he speaks to Universe, while she sings to it).

Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    Tom Brevoort (both the current FF editor and the next X-Men editor) talked about the reasoning behind this controversial change on his newsletter :

https://tombrevoort.substack.com/p/9...es-without-any
    “Readers of a more recent vintage,”… people born the year DoFP came out are about to enter their mid-40s. Entire generations of fans have grown up with Franklin as a mutant. Idk why these people are shocked that comics can’t attract any new readers with the way they run things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    It's damaged because it makes future eras of X-Men look bad in comparison. It's the Scooby-Doo, Mystery Inc. of the X-Men.
    Thats not something anyone can say until we see future eras of X-men. Krakoa did not damage the X-men. That reasoning doesnt even make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    I was also curious about Manifold, as he seems to be by far much stronger teleporter than any others and have other powers as well. But it was explained in X-Men Red what Lactuca from Arakko is his stronger "sister". She is an Omega level mutant with the same power as he have, but stronger (the difference was described as he speaks to Universe, while she sings to it).
    His power isnt teleporation so he wouldnt be a omega for that anyway. If we are taling strictly teleporters, I think Magik had he strongest case to be the omega for that. Im not sure what her limitation is as she can port between time and space and doesnt appear to be restricted by range. She also teleport to alternate timelines and dimensions
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-20-2024 at 06:13 PM.

Thats not something anyone can say until we see future eras of X-men. Krakoa did not damage the X-men. That reasoning doesnt even make sense
    I know, fam. Just kidding around a bit, having a giggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

A problem I have with comics in general, is ill-defined powers. Like, I prefer a guy who shoots fireballs and see how the writers get creative with this specific power, than a character that can control temperature and see the writers saying he can fly because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    A problem I have with comics in general, is ill-defined powers. Like, I prefer a guy who shoots fireballs and see how the writers get creative with this specific power, than a character that can control temperature and see the writers saying he can fly because of it.
    I mean temperature control is a defined power. Its the adding the flight as an application of that which is more of a head scratcher that doesnt make sense when they could have just given said character flight as a secondary power

I mean temperature control is a defined power. Its the adding the flight as an application of that which is more of a head scratcher that doesnt make sense when they could have just given said character flight as a secondary power
    That's what I mean, sometimes writers would go crazy with explanations of how a characters moved molecules with their powers to have them doing some crazy stuff. That's just an example.

Like, an energy manipulator is just one step bellow an reality warper, depending on the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    When it comes to Manifold I think it comes down to a specific limitation that a Manifold has. In Issue 1 of Hickman's New Avengers it was stated by Black Swan that a Manifold's powers only work in their native universe.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I actually agree with Brevoort (in his newsletter) on reverting Franklin to non-mutant status. From the perspectives that:

1: His genes being changed as a result of both his parents' genes being changed by cosmic rays seemed more plausible than him having an x-gene to begin with. And this was always my understanding of how his powers came to be...until they made him a mutant. (a la Kamala Khan, currently)

2: His personal life story has always been very separate and different from the XM mythos...only connecting a mere handful of times, so that his being a mutant isn't really that important or relevant.

After reading the issue...it seems to me Brevoort and North are still maintaining his non-mutant status, when he says: "I've been...an Omega-Level mutant". Not "I am..."
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I actually agree with Brevoort (in his newsletter) on reverting Franklin to non-mutant status. From the perspectives that:

1: His genes being changed as a result of both his parents' genes being changed by cosmic rays seemed more plausible than him having an x-gene to begin with. And this was always my understanding of how his powers came to be...until they made him a mutant. (a la Kamala Khan, currently)

2: His personal life story has always been very separate and different from the XM mythos...only connecting a mere handful of times, so that his being a mutant isn't really that important or relevant.

After reading the issue...it seems to me Brevoort and North are still maintaining his non-mutant status, when he says: "I've been...an Omega-Level mutant". Not "I am..."
    Back when the X-men were created, mutations were random but it was also implied that parents exposure to radiation increased the chances of such in their children. That was used as an explanation for Beast as his father worked at a nuclear power plant. The FF literally being altered due to cosmic radiation made sense that their child would be a mutant bc it tracked with that implication

I liked him as a mutant bc by and large most of the mutants are within the X-men's wheelhouse to play with. There should be representation outside of the X-line and he was one of the most prominent faces for that. Definitely the most prominent young character

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    When it comes to Manifold I think it comes down to a specific limitation that a Manifold has. In Issue 1 of Hickman's New Avengers it was stated by Black Swan that a Manifold's powers only work in their native universe.
    Perhaps it is indeed the difference between Manifold and Lactuca. On the other hand, many Omegas can have some situation when their power would be of no use. Probably all of them have a distance limitation and can't affect object too far away from them. For example, Jean can't read mind of someone on another planet, back in HoXPoX she needed Monet's help to be able to send telepathic messages from Orchis' station on Sun's orbit to Earth, but it doesn't mean she is not an Omega. Hope's power is useless if there is no other mutants around her. If Iceman was put into volcano or into Sun's core he would probably just melt and die, and wouldn't be able to do anything. Elixir as well, all his healing and resurrections wouldn't help if he would have been put into such situation, etc.
    Last edited by Harasar; 03-21-2024 at 12:48 PM.