Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Ah. Mutant because of mutated genes as opposed to having an actual X-gene. Which would make him a mutate not necessarily a mutant But...Enh!

But like I said...Mutant or not he was never a significant part of X-lore except in the most tangential stories to warrant my interest in the debate. Even the recent stupid Krakoan LS more or less proved why it's an irrelevant topic.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Perhaps it is indeed the difference between Manifold and Lactuca. On the other hand, many Omegas can have some situation when their power would be of no use. Probably all of them have a distance limitation and can't affect object to far away from them. For example, Jean can't read mind of someone on another planet, back in HoXPoX she needed Monet's help to be able to send telepathic messages from Orchis' station on Sun's orbit to Earth, but it doesn't mean she is not an Omega. Hope's power is useless if there is no other mutants around her. If Iceman was put into volcano or into Sun's core he would probably just melt and die, and wouldn't be able to do anything. Elixir as well, all his healing and resurrections wouldn't help if he would have been put into such situation, etc.
    thats not entirely true. Jean didnt need really Monet's help. I think initially it had more to do with the fact that she was not only injured but psychically linked to the entire team and was experiencing all their deaths. She was being stressed given the battle conditions. Monet left her and then was killed off. Jean was still communicating on her own without her. In X Lives of Wolverine, she was shown to be able to use her TP across time so her range is quite impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Ah. Mutant because of mutated genes as opposed to having an actual X-gene. Which would make him a mutate not necessarily a mutant But...Enh!

But like I said...Mutant or not he was never a significant part of X-lore except in the most tangential stories to warrant my interest in the debate. Even the recent stupid Krakoan LS more or less proved why it's an irrelevant topic.
    His mutated gene is an X-gene and thats what he was born with, which made him a mutant. He wasnt a mutate

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If you say so. Apparently Brevoort (and I), disagree.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Considering Namor was more or less dropped from the X-Men’s orbit around the time Franklin was retconned, I’d suspect they might have been otherwise about to pull the trigger on the idea that Namor is Franklin’s biodad

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I want them to bring back Willie Evans Jr. (young mutant reality warper whose power levels were said to be comparable to Molecule Man back in the 80s) and age him up to Franklin's current age and make them BFFs. They could bond over having ridiculous power levels and given the history of cooperation between Molecule Man and Franklin, that could very easily serve as a preview for what kind of reality-hopping (and even reality-MAKING) adventures the two of them could have on their own, or with Valeria and any other number of mutant or Future Foundation kids. For that matter, its past time to age up Leech and Artie, who SHOULD be in their mid to late teens by this point, even with the sliding time scale taken into account, and they've already spent plenty of time in the FF's book. There's plenty of ways to build ties between Franklin and other mutants his own age without taking him from his family's books and adventures. It doesn't have to be one or the other.
    Willie does need to come back… but as Franklin’s arch-nemesis
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I think Beyond Omega works tbh. Like there are Omegas with limitless potential. And then you have Franklin, whose full potential can eclipse even their limitless potential. They're Infinity, he's Infinity +1.
    “Billy, you’re so stupid. You’re supposed to say infinity + infinity” -White Men Can’t Jump

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay View Post
    Back in the '90s, Onslaught kidnapped Franklin and used him to create a second sun to destroy all life on Earth. This led to Apocalypse trying to kill Franklin because he deemed him to be "the most powerful mutant of all."
    I thought Poccy was all about survival of the fittest

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    That's what I mean, sometimes writers would go crazy with explanations of how a characters moved molecules with their powers to have them doing some crazy stuff. That's just an example.

Like, an energy manipulator is just one step bellow an reality warper, depending on the writer.
    Like Storm manipulatin the solar winds

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Like Storm manipulatin the solar winds
    I can go with Storm controlling Solar Winds as it goes with her power to manipulate energy.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

IMG_8647.jpg

Still wondering if he will be one of the upcoming Seven Daggers of Doom.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

I've had a faint theory that maybe Doom tried cloning Franklin when he 'helped' with his powers before the Slott retcon. Its not something that Doom would normally do, but I could see it being the kind of thing Duggan would write Doom doing, while using the old clone instability fallback to write out the clone after one big scene or utilization.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I can go with Storm controlling Solar Winds as it goes with her power to manipulate energy.
    Stories with Storm often have her manipulate whatever counts as weather where she is... and not limited to normal Earth weather.

I wish he was a young Psi-Lord by now.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume