Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default So....... Franklin's a mutant again?

The preview for next weeks issue implies interesting things to say the least.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/14/ex...astic-four-18/

So he made himself human instead of the other way and then made himself forget? How did Charles come to the conclusion that Franklin was human all along? Too bad Franklin had to skip the ongoings in Krakoa.

Extraordinary Member

When he lost his powers the fake x-gene disappeared. It was gone, not just dormant, so it made sense he was never really born a mutant. Let's not bring 'mutant' Sinister into this and complicate things though. His powers returning do not make him a mutant; he is just a mutate with cosmic powers. That is not to say this story is not going to restore the x-gene and retcon it again, just that he can get his powers back here without the x-gene and everything still lines up with Slott's story.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post

So he made himself human instead of the other way and then made himself forget? How did Charles come to the conclusion that Franklin was human all along? Too bad Franklin had to skip the ongoings in Krakoa.
    I think that the only reason he was made a non-mutant was because Dan Slott didn't want any of his stories to clash with whatever plans were going on with the X-Men Krakoa era. Now that Slott is gone, it will turn out that he has always been a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post

I assumed this from the start. It was either Reed or Franklin who removed his X-Gene. This makes sense, someone as powerful as Franklin could easily hide their mutant genes.

Hell, Moria was hiding her X-gene for year, while Professor X was using cerebro
    bro. Than you have Monica Rambau who's been unconsciously hiding her X-gene since she got her powers.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-15-2024 at 12:14 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Gomez's art looks REALLY good.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I just have one question.

Why aren't Carlos Gomez and Jesus Aburtov on an FTA X-Book? Because that preview art is FIYAH!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

Why aren't Carlos Gomez and Jesus Aburtov on an FTA X-Book? Because that preview art is FIYAH!!!
    Agree 100%
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I thought that was the implication when the FF appeared in Duggan's X-men a few months ago

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I thought that was the implication when the FF appeared in Duggan's X-men a few months ago
    Did anything ever come of Reed's X-Gene mask or was this just Duggan's way of opening the door to undo that change?

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I assumed this from the start. It was either Reed or Franklin who removed his X-Gene. This makes sense, someone as powerful as Franklin could easily hide their mutant genes.

Hell, Moria was hiding her X-gene for year, while Professor X was using cerebro
    bro. Than you have Monica Rambau who's been unconsciously hiding her X-gene since she got her powers.
    That Photon book did retcon that Monica has has her powers since childhood, but it didn't confirm she's a mutant. Unlike Kamala, her MCU version isn't one, so there'd be no need for synergy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well, the X-office can't have all the good stuff though I admit that art would go really hard with Storm or any other X-character with flashy powers.

Interesting. And Brevoort will continue to edit Fantastic Four while also the X-books. Interesting indeed.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Hopefully they undo the change; Slott should be ashamed of himself. It was giving conversion therapy.

I don't think that's what this is implying, but I'd be sooo glad to be wrong. I've already gone on tons of rants about it, and I'd do it again because it still has me ticked off. Slott poisoned our water supply, burned our crops, and delivered a plague unto our houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I'm always so frustrated with the X-books never holding onto talent. They seem to be able to get them when they're hot but then they're quickly gone. Like how Stefano Caselli was so good on X-Men Red but then bounced after only doing six issues, non-consecutively. I guess that's just the landscape of comics now? I feel like the Superman and Batman lines at DC always have top tier artists.