Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    ohh way back during Hickman's FF and X-Men: The 198, thanks Rifty!
    No problem! Franklin's one of my Boys, so I try to keep info of him on hand, for reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I think Brevoort have a point, the X-Men franchise tend to take over characters from other offices, at least as far as the fans are concerned.

Franklin is a FF character, and the writer of that book shouldn't have to follow what the writer of X-Men does just because he was a mutant, and they usually don't have to, unless there's some great status quo change like Decimation or Krakoa. But if the writer of FF don't want or can't adapt to the new mutant status quo fans get upset, so I understand why they would just take that out of the equation.

Same reason why cross-franchise pairings don't work. Like when DC put Superman and Wonder Woman together, the Superman editorial team liked the idea and she would show up on his books all the time, but Azzarello clearly wasn't a fan of the idea, he apparently was building up a WW/Orion relationship that was cut, and SUperman wasn't even mentioned in the Wonder Woman comics.

Hell, just look at Black Panther, the last writers from that book makes it look like T'Challa and Storm are destined to be together and she is the love of his life, cut to the X-Men comics and Storm is completely over him.

Sometimes is better to just cut ties and move on, if turning Franklin into a mutate instead of a mutant is what it takes, then do it.
    Except that the character had next to nothing to do with the X-Men line for the first forty years of his existence.

Tbh I still think moving him closer to the X side of things was a great call. He already has a problem with getting neglected (imo) in Fantastic Four, and developing ties to the mutants gives him a stronger identity outside of the FF line. Heck, he was poised to have a big story with Krakoa and fall under Hickman's pen. Hickman, the Franklin Richards writer.

But no. Slott wanted to keep Franklin so he could sit around and bitch for like 46 issues.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Tbh I still think moving him closer to the X side of things was a great call. He already has a problem with getting neglected (imo) in Fantastic Four, and developing ties to the mutants gives him a stronger identity outside of the FF line. Heck, he was poised to have a big story with Krakoa and fall under Hickman's pen. Hickman, the Franklin Richards writer.

But no. Slott wanted to keep Franklin so he could sit around and bitch for like 46 issues.
    Lump him in with the X-Books so that he can be ignored in favor of the 8-10 popular mutants who get all the page time?? No thanks. FF writers just need to remember that Franklin (and Val and even Jo and Nikki) exist. That issue with the kids doing science and this upcoming issue are letting them be seen.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Agreed. Allowing him to be a teen mutant and a member of the F4 opens up more storyline for Franklin.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Lump him in with the X-Books so that he can be ignored in favor of the 8-10 popular mutants who get all the page time?? No thanks. FF writers just need to remember that Franklin (and Val and even Jo and Nikki) exist. That issue with the kids doing science and this upcoming issue are letting them be seen.
    Ideally, it doesn't have to be one or the other. It's not like doubling as an X-Character means he has to stop appearing in his home book - unless the X-Men are specifically using him for something and can't relinquish him at that moment. Dipping his toes into both books allows for more opportunities - not many, given X-Men's pagetime problems. But establishing relationships (which we saw him do) helps flesh out his mutant identity and make him feel like a fuller character.

Hickman himself said he had plans for Franklin, we got Timeless foreshadowing Sinister going after Franklin, and they were setting up a connection to Franklin and Krakoa. Franklin being on Krakoa added fuel to the Xavier/Reed fire. Franklin was set to have a lot of focus.

Extraordinary Member

Ideally, it doesn't have to be one or the other. It's not like doubling as an X-Character means he has to stop appearing in his home book - unless the X-Men are specifically using him for something and can't relinquish him at that moment. Dipping his toes into both books allows for more opportunities - not many, given X-Men's pagetime problems. But establishing relationships (which we saw him do) helps flesh out his mutant identity and make him feel like a fuller character.

Hickman himself said he had plans for Franklin, we got Timeless foreshadowing Sinister going after Franklin, and they were setting up a connection to Franklin and Krakoa. Franklin being on Krakoa added fuel to the Xavier/Reed fire. Franklin was set to have a lot of focus.
    Relationships is one thing..I would love for them to build on Franklin and Kitty's friendship...but moving Frank over to an X-Book...unless it is some one off story...doesn't work for me. In fact it is just the opposite. Mutants...not X-Men characters...need to be shown in more books outside the X-Office. Mutants (not X-Men) need to be recruited onto the Avengers. The X-Office's attitude of "they are our characters simply by nature of them being mutants" needs to be checked by other offices.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Relationships is one thing..I would love for them to build on Franklin and Kitty's friendship...but moving Frank over to an X-Book...unless it is some one off story...doesn't work for me. In fact it is just the opposite. Mutants...not X-Men characters...need to be shown in more books outside the X-Office. Mutants (not X-Men) need to be recruited onto the Avengers. The X-Office's attitude of "they are our characters simply by nature of them being mutants" needs to be checked by other offices.
    Franklin wouldn't be moving books, just commuting between them. Slott's book had Franklin hanging out on Krakoa before returning home in time for dinner. If it was really that big of a deal, they could just straight-up pull a Spidey/Wolverine and have him be in two books at once, continuity be damned, because they're using him for stories. At least Franklin has the excuse of being in multiple places at once; his powers have let him do that a couple times now.

And I agree that mutants should be appearing in other books. But that doesn't mean we can't also have Franklin appear in X-Books and developing his character. This is a pretty unique situation that only he can be in, and it's an opportunity that benefits him. It also gives other mutants a chance to connect with people outside of the X-Line.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I just have one question.

Why aren't Carlos Gomez and Jesus Aburtov on an FTA X-Book? Because that preview art is FIYAH!!!
    Because Brevoort is keeping Fantastic Four in the editorial switch so he's not gonna cannibalize his own book's artist.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

totally agree, Hickman made him invaluable in during his FF run why can't writers do the same in both FF and X-Men?

adding Franklin to a teen X-book would be awesome especially if he's teamed up with his bro Leech.

they both can be the wide eyed newbies, especially because they've been sheltered for so long by Reed and Sue.

man, I would love that so much.

https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/..._children_are/

in the 1980's he was atleast a mutant if not omega
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    totally agree, Hickman made him invaluable in during his FF run why can't writers do the same in both FF and X-Men?

adding Franklin to a teen X-book would be awesome especially if he's teamed up with his bro Leech.

they both can be the wide eyed newbies, especially because they've been sheltered for so long by Reed and Sue.

man, I would love that so much.
    If they tone down his powers I would love to see him lead a New-New Mutant team.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member

I want them to bring back Willie Evans Jr. (young mutant reality warper whose power levels were said to be comparable to Molecule Man back in the 80s) and age him up to Franklin's current age and make them BFFs. They could bond over having ridiculous power levels and given the history of cooperation between Molecule Man and Franklin, that could very easily serve as a preview for what kind of reality-hopping (and even reality-MAKING) adventures the two of them could have on their own, or with Valeria and any other number of mutant or Future Foundation kids. For that matter, its past time to age up Leech and Artie, who SHOULD be in their mid to late teens by this point, even with the sliding time scale taken into account, and they've already spent plenty of time in the FF's book. There's plenty of ways to build ties between Franklin and other mutants his own age without taking him from his family's books and adventures. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I want them to bring back Willie Evans Jr. (young mutant reality warper whose power levels were said to be comparable to Molecule Man back in the 80s) and age him up to Franklin's current age and make them BFFs. They could bond over having ridiculous power levels and given the history of cooperation between Molecule Man and Franklin, that could very easily serve as a preview for what kind of reality-hopping (and even reality-MAKING) adventures the two of them could have on their own, or with Valeria and any other number of mutant or Future Foundation kids. For that matter, its past time to age up Leech and Artie, who SHOULD be in their mid to late teens by this point, even with the sliding time scale taken into account, and they've already spent plenty of time in the FF's book. There's plenty of ways to build ties between Franklin and other mutants his own age without taking him from his family's books and adventures. It doesn't have to be one or the other.
    I'd love Future Foundation to come back as a joint F4/X-Men book where characters from both teams can show up and it can crossover with both franchises. Sorta like a central hub with kid/preteen characters at the forefront.

Maybe Slott wasn't interested in dedicating some of his precious 22pgs a month to resonate whatever Hickman was doing in one of his 3 books.

Also, is worth noting that Krakoa had a lot of teases that promised to be great storylines and end up as nothing. Remember that Omega list? How important was it in the end?

Fans are always asking why the Omegas didn't solved the Orchis problems, Franklin would be just one more not doing enough.