Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Yes. spoilers:
    MORDRU
    end of spoilers is one of the Legion's oldest and most powerful spoilers:
    villains
    end of spoilers. I didn't see it coming honestly and liked the reveal. Wish I knew what it all means though. His reveal, why he'd travel to the distant past to join the JSA in the first place. What's with that new version of the Legion Subs we saw a few issues back? So many questions.
    spoilers:
    And Mordru was also one of the big villains of Johns' JSA run.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Has that been stated? Is it just the storyline or the series?

I was honestly surprised at the reveal this issue, but I guess it's in keeping with Johns' entire premise for this iteration of the team. However, as someone above mentioned, can we just give this to someone else to write and move on? I've said it before and I will say it again, whomever is the cause of this kind of delay in the series is not only doing a disservice to the other people who work on this book but to the fans as well. It's more than disappointing.
    Well the covers have, off and on, been marked with "of 12" meaning it's a 12 issue maxi series. But they haven't been consistent with that. so who knows anymore? Maybe it will continue on with a new creative team with #13 but I doubt it. Of course DC hasn't made any kind of announcement concerning Geoff Johns and this title at all. For all we know he's continuing on with JSA and a the War of 4 Legions while also doing the Ghost Machine titles. It's just weird that IF Johns is only doing Ghost Machine books from now, why hasn't DC made an announcement about what happens with his planned DC work?

Don't forget Peter Tomasi..he's witing that SINISTER SONS and is a GM co-founder.

Amazing Member

There was a statement that they'd be GM exclusive once their "current obligations" were met, which sounds like JSA #12 and the end of Sinister Sons to me. Maybe DC's waiting on pre-sales for the final issues to decide how to proceed, or maybe Johns will haven given up on GM exclusivity by whenever the issues end up coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Well the covers have, off and on, been marked with "of 12" meaning it's a 12 issue maxi series. But they haven't been consistent with that. so who knows anymore? Maybe it will continue on with a new creative team with #13 but I doubt it. Of course DC hasn't made any kind of announcement concerning Geoff Johns and this title at all. For all we know he's continuing on with JSA and a the War of 4 Legions while also doing the Ghost Machine titles. It's just weird that IF Johns is only doing Ghost Machine books from now, why hasn't DC made an announcement about what happens with his planned DC work?
    I'm comfortable believing there will be no JSA 13 in this run. If the plan of the team going global happens, a new Justice Society 1 seems a safe bet if DC continues the book.

War of 4 Legions fits as a follow-up to whatever Mordru/Legion Sub plotlines happen in JSA but what we see on paper now are not what Johns originally intended.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

UGH! Johns is such a one trick pony

Astonishing Member

What happens with the JSA after issue 12 and it’s nigh certain relaunch depends on 2 things:
    1) whose taking over and did Johns have a hand in the selection
    2) how pissed off are the editors and writers with Johns (back during his fall from Grace it was made pretty clear he’d stepped on a lot of people, most of whom are still there)

https://twitter.com/dcuworld/status/...UrdmzXbMg&s=19

Travis Mercer was teasing a project with Jeremy Adams starring various young heroes. Quiz Kid popped up as one of them.

It could be fanart or something real but it looks good either way.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-24-2024 at 08:21 AM.

Wouldn't need a writer if it was for fun. This sounds like a new Teen Titans or Young Justice series spinning off from the Wally West and Jay Garrick Flash books.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    If Betsy Ross and Molly Pitcher weren’t sent to the Freedom Fighters, I wonder where they were sent?
    Good point. Their mentor Miss America has immortality in her powerset, so she'll still be alive and active on the team. They should be joining Ladybug and Cherry Bomb in the FF's care.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The Legionaire reveal was pretty weak to me. Is there a connection between the Legionaire and the legion?
    He debuted as a villain in Amethyst. Amy debuted in Legion of Super-Heroes. So he ended up being a Legion villain as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://twitter.com/dcuworld/status/...UrdmzXbMg&s=19

Travis Mercer was teasing a project with Jeremy Adams starring various young heroes. Quiz Kid popped up as one of them.

It could be fanart or something real but it looks good either way.
    Glad someone other than Johns is investing in these lost sidekicks, but what's the point in two mini Mister Terrifics?

Adams and Johns introduced them at about the same time (in The Flash #799 and Stargirl: The Lost Children). Adams is simply not contradicting JSA, and therefore using Quiz Kid (both boys were used in Jay Garrick's book when the Holts were introduced to Judy).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    Glad someone other than Johns is investing in these lost sidekicks, but what's the point in two mini Mister Terrifics?
    What's the point in multiple kid flashes/Robins/GLs/Superboys/Wonder Girls?
    EDIT- they could be rivals or foils for each other.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-25-2024 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Rethought my post

To be fair, there's only ever been one or two Robins at once. Vs four current Flashes, and three current Batgirls.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wouldn't need a writer if it was for fun. This sounds like a new Teen Titans or Young Justice series spinning off from the Wally West and Jay Garrick Flash books.

Good point. Their mentor Miss America has immortality in her powerset, so she'll still be alive and active on the team. They should be joining Ladybug and Cherry Bomb in the FF's care.

He debuted as a villain in Amethyst. Amy debuted in Legion of Super-Heroes. So he ended up being a Legion villain as well.
    Wrong. Mordru debuted in the Legion feature in ADVENTURE COMICS back in the 1960s. He's ALWAYS been a Legion villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Chronologically maybe but he first appeared in Adventure Comics #369 in June 1968 as a Legion villain. Everything else about him and Gemworld and the JSA are retcons.
    Last edited by M@Bowers2014; 03-25-2024 at 10:59 AM.